DA.C - View Single Post - Large 1/72 scale diecast bombers? possible?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Carlo4
Senior Collector

Default Large 1/72 scale diecast bombers? possible?

I`ve just received these Marushin G4M`s from a friend in Japan which i`m unbelievably happy with! I am also really,really pleasantly surprised at how well the wings mount into the fuselage. So well in fact, that they can be inserted quite securely without gluing or using the screws, as long as you don`t tilt the aircraft! This has obvious advantages for storage concerns, which was a big headache for me before deciding to purchase them. This got me thinking why manufacturers are not making 1/72 scale bombers such as B29,B36,B47,B52`s or Tu95`s,Tu16`s,Tu22`s,M4`s etc. when big aircraft like the 1/48 G4M`s can certainly be produced, if of course manufacturers have the will to do so.

Is it because the expense would be too great to produce? Too expensive for the customer? I`m sure 1/72 B52`s (as an example, say) would sell well, regardless of the retail price, and, with so many potential variants. Especially if the wings could be removed for storage. What do you think?Large 1/72 scale diecast bombers? possible?-dscn2938.jpg

Large 1/72 scale diecast bombers? possible?-dscn2940.jpg

Large 1/72 scale diecast bombers? possible?-dscn2941.jpg

Large 1/72 scale diecast bombers? possible?-dscn2942.jpg
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote