DA.C - View Single Post - Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Carlo4
Senior Collector

Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Meanwhile, while not criticizing any collector's choice, I continue to be absolutely baffled why anybody would want to collect russian aircraft that participated in the syrian conflict. To me, its like having a monument to war crimes on your shelf. I understand collecting russian aircraft in general just like i understand collecting nazi or any other regime's aircraft in general, but having interest in the ones from the syrian conflict in particular where they did nothing honourable, fought for no ideology to speak of, and faced no opposition except for cowering civillians baffles me. Again, if you like to collect this, i have no criticism of you - collect what you like. I just personally find this particular one very odd. That all said, with regards to HA5709 I guess an aircraft with mission markings is more interesting than one without, so i guess that's "a reason."
I guess it depends what side of the fence one sits on. That could be argued for any collection of military aircraft. (Vietnam/Libyan intervention etc..)So should we all just collect civilian aircraft? No. We collect them because we like the aircraft, the schemes and the markings. Not the conflicts, because ALL war, in the end is futile and a waste of valuable life.

Last edited by Carlo4; 01-14-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote