DA.C - View Single Post - Nitpickers Whiners and Complainers
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
KLM4me
Junior Collector

Default Re: Nitpickers Whiners and Complainers

I remember the days when I first started collecting 1:200 when we were thrilled just to get ANYTHING produced in this scale. When we'd BEG the airlines to send us corporate models because they wouldn't make them available on the retail level. (Virgin and Qatar come to mind!) Now there are collectors who complain about the position of pax windows, the size and/or shape of the cockpit windows, the shape of the engines and their position in relation to the ground (that one kills me) and the stance. That said, I don't care much for the IF200 747 mould, but if they were to release a model I had to have, then I'd certainly buy it.

One thing I noticed recently is that DAC members don't care about plastic models. I recently posted photos of my 2 latest acquisitions. Both models of actual aircraft I've flown on so they were special to me. I spent 40 minutes taking photos, posting to Flickr then copying and pasting and creating a post on here to share my joy. You were the only one to comment, Russell. robertjon5 received the same lack of response recently when he posted photos of his 2 Skymarks BA 744s. What happened to the camaraderie on here? The models may not be everyone's cup of tea, but be happy for the person who acquired them. It's very disheartening and I came close to completely deleting my profile on here.

Last edited by KLM4me; 01-13-2021 at 11:12 AM.
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote