DA.C - View Single Post - Why is UK behind other Countries with deliveries?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Boeing 707-320C
Master Collector

Default Re: Why is UK behind other Countries with deliveri

Just been told today, ARD (Aviation Retail Direct in London) have sold out of the Surinam/KLM SDC-8 and today told me they wouldn't be getting any more. Same with Bouraq HS748 & Air China A340 orders plus no chance of Retro Models Tu104. They also told me the Panda Tu134 was yet to be released, so I told then people got those two months ago. So I've managed to get 0 out of 5 orders.

All a bit grim considering I had orders in as soon as advertised (except the Retro Models Tu104 which was my fault being late).

Only orders I have managed to get were from elsewhere in Europe, including my lovely Ethiopian 707 from France, and gorgeous Air China A340 from Holland.

I think what is happening is that anything good is just going to local customers. Sadly, I think I 'm giving up purchasing as can't buy in UK and cost of models and P & P from abroad comes to nearly £70 each time.

Frustrating but hey-ho.

Holy Grails Boeing 707 of Ethiopian (Done)/Royal Jordanian/Tarom/Dan Air/Florida West/Tampa/Millon Air/Air Zimbabwe (Done)/Azerbaijan, DC-8 of Air Spain/Surinam-KLM(Done)/Seaboard World, Tu134 Aviogenex/Malev/Aeroflot(Done)/Balkan, Tu154 Malev, IL76 Mahan Air, IL18 Tarom/Malev, Caravelle Trans Europa/Syrian Air, plus any AN12, Tu114, IL14.

Favourite manufacturers - Aeroclassics ("just like a fine wine, they only get better with age"), also like El Aviador, and NG Models.
Boeing 707-320C is offline   Reply With Quote