DA.C - View Single Post - Gemini-Waffle and other unauthorized retailers
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Powered_by_JetA
Junior Collector

Default Re: Gemini-Waffle and other unauthorized retailers

I saw the warning and thought it was odd.

I guess we’ll never know but I’m curious if the complaints were more along the lines of “Waffle was mean to me” (in which case why complain to the manufacturer?) or more along the lines of QC issues like “I didn’t know Gemini made snap-fit 1:400 models”. It could be a combination of both; perhaps Waffle was fed up of complaints about how some Gemini models are arriving from the factory and told them to complain to Gemini directly in his classic style.

I also wonder why bother to publicly blacklist a retailer. Waffle is obviously still selling Gemini models, and—more importantly—Gemini is still getting paid for them. What does it matter who sells them? Are they going to go after eBay sellers next? I’ll keep buying from my preferred retailers (Waffle included) regardless of whether Gemini will “stand behind” it. At the end of the day, a model airplane is just a chunk of metal with some pretty colors on it. It just sits on a shelf for years and shouldn’t require any support from the manufacturer unless it was poorly made to begin with.

I’m only half joking about the snap fit 1:400s. Model glue isn’t what it used to be apparently and I would prefer to have to join the wings and stuff myself rather than opening the box to see parts loose and having to worry about potential damage.
Powered_by_JetA is offline   Reply With Quote