DA.C - View Single Post - Farewell Qantas Jumbo - My Qantas 747 collection
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 01:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
hiki08
Collector

Default Re: Farewell Qantas Jumbo - My Qantas 747 collecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747438 View Post
Thankyou! Wow, that's quite a rare one. Never knew anyone released a 1/400 VH-OED, where did you get it?
I got it from a Japanese retailer. It's a Dragon Wings, and according to DIMA, it was a limited edition made specially for some model shop in Taiwan (with the number printed on its belly). I've been curious about these special editions, as I've seen them made for specific stores in Japan too. Wonder if anyone has any idea about this? A single store commissioning a whole lot of a model?

DW with limited edition numbering also tend to have more detailed prints too, with rego on nose gear doors and rain gutters above doors (which many non-limited versions do not have - and which always gets me). I've been hoping to get an Ansett 744 in standard livery but a good (detailed) version at a palatable price is hard to come by!

I don't collect much DWs, but now that I've got two that contain a lot of white, I've been noticing their 'white' has a tinge of red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris10&11 View Post
I see Gemini are releasing a standard version ( with GE engines) both in 1/400 and 1/200. I have the old Dragon one with the Rolls Royce engines and want to replace it, but then dont want to replace it!! If that makes sense?
Makes complete sense. It means you'll be keeping those old Dragons and getting new Geminis!
hiki08 is offline   Reply With Quote