DA.C - View Single Post - Mancufacturer 'tier list'
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Boeing 707-320C
Master Collector

Default Re: Mancufacturer 'tier list'

To be fair, GJ cater for many tastes and have produced so many models, but each individual collector knows in their own mind who best caters for their specific taste.

I used to judge GJ poorly because being a 707 lover, their 707 mould is known to be pants, but in fairness they have produced plenty of good stuff and deserve their excellent reputation overall.

For me Aeroclassics are still the best, but new kids on the block NG are producing some superb stuff. Phoenix have also produced some very nice stuff, though arguably to a considerably lesser degree, as have one or two others like Herpa and JC Wings with a few gems. Dragon Wings are now for me, a producer of the past almost but they started in this scale strongly.

Holy Grails Boeing 707 of Ethiopian (Done)/Royal Jordanian/Tarom/Dan Air/Florida West/Tampa/Millon Air/Air Zimbabwe (Done)/Azerbaijan, DC-8 of Air Spain/Surinam-KLM(Done)/Seaboard World, Tu134 Aviogenex/Malev/Aeroflot(Done)/Balkan, Tu154 Malev, IL76 Mahan Air, IL18 Tarom/Malev, Caravelle Trans Europa/Syrian Air, plus any AN12, Tu114, IL14.

Favourite manufacturers - Aeroclassics ("just like a fine wine, they only get better with age"), also like El Aviador, and NG Models.

Last edited by Boeing 707-320C; 07-09-2020 at 02:05 AM.
Boeing 707-320C is offline   Reply With Quote