DA.C - View Single Post - NG Models - Commercial and/or BIZ Aviation
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
European Collector
Complete Wacko!

Default Re: NG Models - Commercial and/or BIZ Aviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennypayne View Post
This. None of these moulds are poor so it's not worth saturating the market with duplicates. Plus NG's specialty seems to be smaller aircraft, so I say more CRJ's, make a Metro, make a Beech 1900, make a Bandeirante (please!! ). I don't buy bizjets but I get that they are pretty popular so those fit their forté as well. We need more variety, not less.
First of all, how can you say it is their speaciality to create small aircraft - they also did the comac 919.

https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com...e-ng99001.html

I agree, we need more variation - but variation means a risk sometimes. So we need models which sell without any doubt - and these are the early 737s and 721/722.

Second: you did not get the point regarding the moulds being metioned above. It is pretty easy to make a model already being released not being a dublicate despite it is wearing the same livery - just give it a different registration. Btw. Inflight models are limited and in case i would want a model IF previously released I would have to hope for another manufacturer to release it. - correct me if I am wrong. So yes, we do need dublicates of certain models because some might want THAT specific model in THIS livery. And if you do not have different options - mouldwise - estbblished manufacturers can sell the same substandard stuff over decades without the need to change anything on their moulds.
Once again: it makes no sense to choose bad instead of good accuaracy when you got the choice. It is pretty common to replace a model with a more accurate when available btw.
Please NG Models, consider these for both 1:400 and 1:200: B707-320B/321, B727-200, MD-81/82/83

Last edited by European Collector; 06-10-2020 at 03:32 PM.
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote