DA.C - View Single Post - Modelling a BEA/BA Servicing Hangar in 1:400
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 05:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
barison82
Speedbird 9

Thumbs up Re: Modelling a BEA/BA Servicing Hangar in 1:400

Hi Jag, thanks for the positive feedback. The drawing work that I've been doing above represents the hangar during the Negus era, but as I outlined at the start of this thread, I do intend to produce drawings for both the earlier BEA era (1972-1974), Landor era (1985-1997) and possibly the current Chatham Dockyard era, but that would require some further revision of the drawings as the exterior cladding was altered substantially around 1998 or so onwards. Thanks also for the FB group references - should I need anything I will let you know! I do have the specific foils I require for this particular area of the maintenance block, which is to scale, thanks to Adrian's help here earlier on, and quite a few other foils including those of Airport Designs. However I'd love to check out their designs too, so I'll be in touch

I am also very familiar with that hangar you show above - which is great, but it is a generic representation whereas the work I've been doing is to create a very accurate model of the actual 1:1, as much as the medium (card) will allow. I'm very nearly finished all the drawing work. The next step is to print it, make a mock-up and see if it comes together as intended! The size means that A3 card is required, which means an A3 printer - which I don't have (yet).

This time in lockdown has allowed me to do all this stuff which otherwise would probably never get done, and I love spending my time doing something creative and constructive. Working out this design as a kit really did require a lot of thought and was quite complex in some areas. Definitely passed the time!

Australia has been good so far thank you, we're very grateful to be here in a peaceful, semi-rural environment. It has been a bit of an adjustment, it's a very different kind of life out here.

Hope you've been keeping safe and well yourself and have fun with your 1/144 kit - that takes me back to when I was 15! I made an Airfix B.747-136 in that scale, it came with decals for both Alitalia & BA (Landor) but I custom painted it into Negus colours! Happy times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

barison82 is offline   Reply With Quote