DA.C - View Single Post - GeminiJets 1:400 Air Canada CRJ-900 C-GJZV Review
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ewnitedisalie
Not RStretton v2

Unhappy GeminiJets 1:400 Air Canada CRJ-900 C-GJZV Review

Gemini is a mix-up with small molds

So, a few months ago, I ordered a pretty rare GJ Model, the Air Canada Express CRJ-900 in the new livery. It is registered C-GJZV and is operated by Jazz Air for Air Canada. It was delivered new on September 1, 2017, and still actively flies today.

On to the model.

Fuselage
For such a small model, I was impressed GJ could put so much detail, the small text, micro symbols, and other stuff. It's pretty good, however, the cockpit window color is a medium grey, instead of Air Canada's black "raccoon mask" cockpit shades. There are also NO AERIALS OR HOLES on top or the bottom.

Engines
The 2 engines mounted on the back are a good effort, however, there are two flaws. Engine No. 2 is pointed slightly towards the fuselage, and the grubby, thick paint makes it look bigger than it is.

Wings
To be honest the wings were mediocre but oversized and thick, with no sign of flaps or anything. Just paint details and a grey slab with an Air Canada design winglet.

Gear
The main gear is pointed to the right and has a very small gap between it and the fuselage. The main gear is unacceptable. It is way too big and was also glued on backward, and even fell off once or twice, which is ridiculous. I almost sent it back.

This model is dull shaped, grubby, and was disassembled incorrectly. It lacks shine and details, just a fuselage with paint.

SCORING
-5 for critically wrong cockpit color
-3 for no aerials
-5 for grubby paint
-7 for bent engine
-10 for grey slab wing
-15 for an embarrassment of a landing gear

OVERALL SCORE
55/100
Come on GJ, it's the detail and quality, not the money and dissatisfied customers!
Ewnitedisalie is offline   Reply With Quote