DA.C - View Single Post - NG Model - 1:400 August 2019 Release "Hints"
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Aviaction
aka Goonybird

Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2019 Release "Hints"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennypayne View Post
As much negative info as I see on here about most of the UK retailers I'm not sure why anybody bothers with them. I had no issue securing the Delta in the US, but I understand that it's not typically a viable option for you guys. I'm guessing current situation with EU is not helping either.
To buy a typical NG 757 from the USA to UK is, for example, Model cost $45 Shipping $24 UK Import Taxes $14 thats $83 (Note some shipping rates are high as $43)

Thats about 67 UKP (XE.com) Ebay conversion is typically higher. For a typical UK price to buy UK 39.95
But in the case of some Manufacturers particularly AC, the few limited UK issues disappear fast, leaving a quantity in the States at a disproportionate high cost

Example is A319 British Airways retro BEA. I'll be fine with the Gemini version thank you. Not all of us have a bottomless pit to buy models as soon as they are released.

Last edited by Aviaction; 08-29-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Aviaction is offline   Reply With Quote