DA.C - View Single Post - Hobby Master HA5309 MIG-23MLD, Big mistake
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 01:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adour
Jaded Collector

Default Re: Hobby Master HA5309 MIG-23MLD, Big mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
I can imagine two possible reasons behind this mistake:
  • HM didn´t know about this mistake and then it can have something to do with recent notorical HM´s miserable care about preparation phase (which is very sad because if HM has no time / no will / no money to hire people who really understand airplanes which HM plans to release, they could find literally dozens of collectors who would help them For Free to find possible mistakes in pre-pro phase, just from the love for the hobby).
  • or, HM is well aware about this mistake but in hunt for a profit maximization they simply decided to make this model anyway, no caring how this mistake will be accepted - someone will still buy it.
Thanks. I think it's always been a mixture between those at HM. Pretty much no diecast model is completely accurate, it's always up to the collector to decide which inaccuracies he/she can accept. I'm going to skip this one as well, which is a shame.

I know that one of the drivers of MLD development was manoeuvrability, so I presume that all the "new builds" had dog teeth. I think some earlier versions were modified to MLDs, and I've seen pictures identified as "MLDs" without them. Before I pass this on to William, do you know if there really are MLDs without the notch at the root, if so, did they have the fences/dispensers?

Glad my diecast collecting days are coming to an end.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote