DA.C - View Single Post - Mouthy Mouse's Musings (A Tomcatter Saga)
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 05:01 AM   #103 (permalink)
Light Fire Team
Master Collector

Default Re: Mouthy Mouse's Musings (A Tomcatter Saga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornchurch View Post
'

To be fair Chris', I'm not (nowhere near), as clued-in as you are, with modern-releases.

Gary F. could release a Sopwith Triplane, or a Zeppelin's rudder-set & it WOULD pass me by

(unless it drew the ire of fellow forumites, like that thread elsewhere, the other day)

Might make you laugh this, but, am pretty jealous you've got the Black-bird (Hawk, 208)

At least you had the balls to go ahead & buy one, whilst I, metaphorically, sat on the fence.

I get the distinct impression, that they were 'slow shifters', No ?

My beer-addled memory is jaded now, so, forgive me "if" I get these 1/48th Hawk releases wrong.

Wasn't "Chivenor" mentioned, on one of 'em ?

Did they do a 'Black' 151 Sqdn (former Defiant night-fighter unit), version ?

OR = Was that just plain-jane-grey & my memory is not so sharp, for a change ?

I only saw these in the flesh, once, at an airshow & thought my funds were best spent elsewhere.

Any time I even see a half-decent-photo', it's THAT "Oversized Greenhouse" that puts me off.

Judging by your remarks then, H.M & Gary.F, are taking-over the mold then ?

Am surprised I never saw an early Grey/Green camo' one ?

Lastly, importantly, ARE THEY LEAVING THE CANOPY LIKE A PLATFORM BOOT - OVERSIZED ?

Do they intend to keep it, as is, or, re-work it in any way ??????

Hey Geezer,

Yes,...they were slow to shift. Gary has always claimed it was poor distribution on the part of Squadron Wings.

If you recall, the original tooling was rendered and produced by the HM factory. So they still have this dormant tooling, which HM holds.

Gary, seemingly has purchased the tooling,....or is paying a fee. Not sure which?

The first two is a 100 SQN example and RN FRADU Hawk, both all black. You know how HM loves to split run. Both are in the Jul HM poster.

Gary also has,....or is in the final completion of getting exclusive rights to the Red Arrows.

At this stage there are no tooling changes,...….but obviously a wrap around Camo AIM niner limas and of course 74 SQN have been mentioned numerous times.

But,...apparently, the tooling is now in Gary's hands.