DA.C - View Single Post - Aeroclassics / aklein707 please produce this
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
eugenevh
Master Collector

Default Re: Aeroclassics / aklein707 please produce this

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatShakesAirlines View Post
I'm sorry, as I had no idea that mentioning liveries one would like to see available is such an issue/foul. I'm new, and honestly thought manufacturers might have an interest in knowing what might be on people's wish lists - especially with a manufacturer soliciting requests on this forum.

It's a little surprizing that a simple request would be met with derision and referred to as an 'antic'. I had no attitude of 'drop everything' and make my wish list now. At all. Just being a little enthusiastic about what I'd like to see available.

Thank you to the poster who offered up references for finding old releases I may have an interest in. I'll also adjust my expectations as to what will be available - both new and old - and be happy with what I have.

There is no forum rules which says that you cannot post any request for a livery you want.

I sometimes get the impression that some collectors think that you have had to been collecting for 20 years, know the forum 'elite' by name and have thousands of posts before one can be taken seriously.

On the other hand. I must admit that I am also 'old school' in the sense that I would not join a group or site and immediatly request something that I want, so it might be that it is frowned upon mildly due to upbringing in a different era.

If your models are made, then good. Otherwise patience is a virtue. Sooner or later a model will be made which you like.
My view is that there is such a glut of releases these days that I cannot stay ahead with purchases and my collection criteria is fairly narrow as well (well, compared to some collectors with massive collections).

So ask away. If there is a market it might get made, if not, then just wait or go the custom route.

Happy collecting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eugenevh is offline   Reply With Quote