DA.C - View Single Post - How I preserve my Premiums!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 06:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
suedflug99
discreet collector

Default Re: How I preserve my Premiums!!!

To my experience, only one and a half reasons exist for the yellowing of these models:

1.: The material itself: seems, that here is a big variation over all these models.

For example: the A300 Emirates was terrible. I bought one new in 2002. A year later, hardly displayed, it went completely yellow. I asked herpa to send a replacement, what they did. The second one came white again. I was even more coutious and took it out as less as possible. But after another years time the yellowing started again...
Otherwise I had the 744 ANZ, 732 Lh. The ANZ, treated the same way, never showed any yellowing. The 722 was almost as good and showed a very slight change with good handling.
Even worst: light grey plastic parts of Starjet modells went yellow within short time - stored most time in their box without foam...

So, depending on the material quality, the second reasons comes:

2. exposure to UV light.
Sensitive plastics seem to react strong to the slightest contact, even with non direct sun or daylight. (Neon light also absorb UV light).

So, only the second point can be influenced. If the first one is not given: sorry, hardly a chance, to avoid any alterings...

(I suppose thats one of the reasons, herpa lost its enthusiasm with the premium series for not to dissapoint customers of the most expensive models, as material reliability remained a risk...)

Good luck to all, loving these models!
suedflug99 is offline   Reply With Quote