DA.C - View Single Post - Ukrainian_Falcons Arrival Pics
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #370 (permalink)
Ukrainian_Falcons
The Collector

Default Re: Ukrainian_Falcons Arrival Pics

A year in review

Cab 1

Largely unchanged, only addition was the JMSDF Sea King, nice enough model, would have preferred the Apollo release from Corgi but wasn't eager enough to fork out for a 2nd mortgage to get one

I am still waiting for a decent Bf-109 and a nicer white Zero with more details to fill a few gaps in the 1/48 fleet.

Additions:

KB Wings KBW72102 JMSDF HSS-2A (Sea King)

Cab 2

The theme that has had the most expansion this year is the Soviet/Eastern Block cab. Only one model from 2018 release period though, a sign of the times I guess, I would have liked a nice light blue Flanker but it wasn't to be. The rest speak for themselves, gap fillers or later ordered 2017 releases. The PLAAF Su-35 is nice but the colours are questionable. And while the Hobby Master MiG-25 gets flak, I was still pleased to have one, especially when it's the exact Soviet scheme I was after, bring on an Ukrainian Foxbat next I say, when the Russian's ran away, they left a lot of these after all

Have to say while the scheme is nice on the J-5, the difference in green on metal and plastic isn't and it's what has held me back from getting anymore of these.

The Corgi MiG-21 was cheap as chips and the Terrbo J-7, well not much choice really.

Note the lack of Su-24, maybe in January.... 2035

Additions:

Corgi PR99404 North Vietnamese MiG-21 Fishbed
Hobby Master HM5901 North Vietnamese J-5 Fresco
Terebo PLAAF J-7 Fishcan
Hobby Master HM5703 PLAAF Su-35 Flanker
Hobby Master HM5604 Soviet MiG-25 Foxbat
Hobby Master HM6102 Ukrainian Su-25 Frogfoot

Cab 3

Probably one of the biggest disappointments in 2018 was the lack of WWII models on offer in 1:72, means to say basically nothing. Without Skymax making anything and Corgi slow as a wet wick (not to mention stickers and very odd scheme selections recently) there really was nothing to get excited over. Only addition was a very old and very well made Dragon Armour STuG IV made back in 2006 !!! boy were we spoilt back then

Additions:

Dragon Armour 60115 zGermans STuG IV

Cab 4

Pretty uneventful here as well, no spooks worth getting, still no Super Bug that I'd want and lack of anything from Century Wings meant no additions to the USN theme. Instead bored, I decided to hunt down a few aircraft I liked but didn't have much need for, well aside from the P-38. Lightning is a great model and adds to the Singapore theme, the hunter I wish Corgi did an Arab scheme so instead I got this. H-19 is average and the Huey pretty nice for a smaller scale. Hoping Century Wings do some more Intruders before they retire.

Additions:

Corgi AA32713 RAF Hunter
Corgi AA32312 RAF Lightning
Corgi AA36601 USAF P-38 Lightning
Postage Stamp Models US Army PS5601 UH-1 Huey
Altaya USAF H-19 Chickasaw

Cab 5

And when there was REALLY nothing to look forward to, one turns to airliners The An-225 is great even for its small size, I should have gotten the 1/200 version when it was out. The 737 was just to complete the set really. At least they revised the stand instead of using those daggy and outdated wooden stands.

Additions:

Herpa 562287 Ukrainian An-225 Mriya
JC Wings XX2190 Air China Boeing 737-8MAX

Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote