DA.C - View Single Post - New Project: Scratch Build 737
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
neilc777
Master Collector

Default Re: New Project: Scratch Build 737

Whew! Finally done with the 3D cad model...at least for now anyways. This thing is all sliced up as to fit all the sections neatly in my 3D printer, and now it's time for the fun part to begin. A liter or so of UV light sensitive green goo will turn this model from a 3D rendering into a physical model.

I've already printed a few test pieces, which turned out surprisingly well. So now I'll print these sections, clean off the residual goo, and start assembly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
Hi Neil. Looks as though things are going very well indeed. I love ‘tuning in’ to see the latest instalment! 1/60 is still a very good scale for the 737. I seem to remember that Pacmin did them in that scale. Thanks for keeping us updated with progress.

Neil.
Thanks Neil. I never owned an airliner larger than 1/100, so I cant wait to see this thing as 1/60. But first, I'll make in 1/100 and fix any problems before stepping it up so as not to waste any of the UV resin which is quite expensive. Many more updates will be coming fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroguy View Post
It does look good! Try to export this to Flight Simulator and I'll take care of the textures!;-)
Ha! No thanks, the shading groups and animation would be a nightmare.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by neilc777; 10-17-2018 at 02:22 AM.
neilc777 is offline   Reply With Quote