DA.C - View Single Post - My Visit to KLM B747-206B(M)SUD PH-BUK
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gold Leader
B747's 4 Life!

Default Re: My Visit to KLM B747-206B(M)SUD PH-BUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAllianceFlyer View Post
Thanks for sharing these photos...quite amazing!

What could be fun, and maybe on a 744, is for Boeing to display how seats evolved over time. Like First class seats from a 1970s 741 through modern day 744s displayed all in a row.
Many thanks for your kind reply StarAllianceFlyer
And yes they should do that but also by adding the B747SP & B747-8i I would display them in this way:
B747-100
B747-200B
B747-SP
B747-300
B747-400
B747-8i
Formerly known as B747-500X!
Got this from Gene Forsheim, he is one of my best friends from the official Boeing 747 Fan Club that I am Moderator of but he is also one of the official Boeing 747 designers
Gene worked on B747-100, 200B, SP & 300.
His Straight Stairway also was redesigned for the B747-400 & 500X that later became B747-8i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceW View Post
Thanks for sharing your photos and your memories - I have a similar feeling of being home when I visit VH-OJA (QF 747-400). It's great that these beautiful planes are being preserved for everyone's enjoyment.
Many thanks for your kind reply TerenceW
And yes that is exactly it, a very home coming feeling as if time never changed, yet I wished these B747's would be kept in hangars away from the earth's weathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlineguy View Post
Wow!

Great pics and information.

Thanks for taking the time to post all.

Many thanks for your reply too airlineguy!
Yeah I wish I made even more pics and had a clean camera lens as my HD camera went :X
Every visit I make to such things feels too short, anyways my dad & I plan on going back once they add a KLM B747-406M, that is just a must in my list of need to do things.

I will try to make similar photo's with the 406M as I did with this 206B(M)SUD, would be cool to compare the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
A++++ for effort to post photos for all to enjoy. That looked like it was a fun day.
Hey many thanks Kitty Hawk And yeah I was therefor a good 5 a 6 hours at the least Always wishing it was more rofl
But not to worry a revisit is already planned once their KLM B747-406M arrives.
That Air France B747-128 in Paris is also on my visit list.

All in all though, it's just sad that the owner of PH-BUK won't let it's workers maintain it, as in cleaning it and restorating certain needed things or parts.
He is careless, goes like "The Aircraft of my museum that stand outside are fine no need to waste money on keeping them clean..."
That is what his co-workers told me... I was shocked tbh.
So yeah he really just does not understand what weathering does to such things.

I was like well you could always clean it yourselves.. if you want that I would tbh, they were like oh yeah we already do that to the Boeing 747 and the Fokker 70 those are our most important aircraft.

And that is why the KLM B747-206B(M)SUD looked worn and dirty, as many others did as well, from a distance you won't see it but upclose well it all kind of shows.
This photo of the right upper wing is a good example:

Or the Rear Cargo door here:

The came as the head here from the right side:

or the Worn seats & carpet on the maindeck:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote