DA.C - View Single Post - What happened while I was gone?!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
RStretton
1/600 & 1/400 Fan

Default Re: What happened while I was gone?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsnack87 View Post
Thank you Mauricio!

Any particular reason why the prices of models have gone up so much recently? I remember when new Gemini 737s would list around 25 USD. Now they start at 35 USD plus, if you're lucky. Is this just because they all have rolling wheels and antenna fixtures now?

Also, I know Mr. Warffle who runs waffle collectables boasts his new DiMA forum is the best. To be honest I don't see much going on in the 1/400 section when I'm over there. I've always preferred DAC and Wings900. Are these the main 3 forums still or is there somewhere else all the 1/400 collectors hang out? Thanks in advance!
The DiMA forum is pretty much empty aside from my posts but the database is up to date and effective, which can't be said for the wings900 one which is dead and buried.

May I humbly suggest that you check out my reviews of 2016 which go over the production and trends for the 5 biggest manufacturers:

Airline History Blog - Yesterday's Airlines

They are by the way Aeroclassics, Gemini Jets, JC Wings, Panda Models and Phoenix

I did reviews for 2015 as well:

Airline History Blog - Yesterday's Airlines

The price hikes from Gemini seem to be very cheeky and there is no real rationale behind them from what I can see. The other manufacturers prices have stayed roughly level.

The forums are nowadays a bit slow. A lot of collectors (and most younger ones certainly) have gravitated to Facebook Groups which have some really cool stuff on them. I can particularly recommend Raimond Schulz's 'As Real As It Gets' group and the 'Way Better...' group too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote