DA.C - View Single Post - How to block a scammer " shootstar_007" on ebay
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 06:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
robertjon5
Complete Wacko!

Default Re: How to block a scammer " shootstar_007" on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso49 View Post
Terrible. What's wrong with people? I bought a very desired model on ebay a few weeks ago and now the seller has canceled the order out of the blue. No reason, no communication, I just got a notice from eBay saying its been canceled. I think the seller got sellers remorse or didn't get as much money as he thought and now he's screwing me. I'll lodge a complaint with eBay. Seller is in Canada.
won't get much joy I am afraid!! had the same thing happen to me when I won an auction fair and square. it was a rare 1/72 executive models BOAC COMET 1. a holy grail. only 50 made and came with numbered plaque. 38 out of 50. it was £155 + £10 post, and paid straight away. next thing I knew he re-listed same model. I was like wtf?? so I contacted him and he said it did not sell for enough?? said it was worth more and listing should have had a reserve on it. but it didn't. he then refunded my money. so I rang ebay and complained, but they said there is nothing they can do. they cannot physically go round his house and make him send it!!! yet if you win a model you are legally bound to pay for it!

a while later I had a message from seller that he had it 'professionally ' valued. and it was £600. and it had no box!!

the following year at the Gatwick show where I shared a table with another member as I had a few models to sell. whilst setting up I spotted ANOTHER one on someone else's table. so I went over and managed to get it for £150!! before show opened! (a lot of inter trading goes on before these shows open!!). so I managed to get one in the end in mint condition and save £15!