DA.C - View Single Post - American Airlines 767 catches fire on runway!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 07:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
T7_4ever
"Hello Moto"!

Default Re: American Airlines 767 catches fire on runway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTF200 View Post
My concern is that Airlines will base themselves on armchair internet air safety experts expertise and eventually remove all overhead lockers.
Sad world we live in.
I don't think removing the overhead bins will 'Fly' with the Airlines. No pun intended.

Sad reality and facts; based on 1st hand passenger accounts and videos from the 2 most recent evacuations (EK B777 in Dubai and AA B767 in Chicago).

There are passengers who deem their laptops, tablets, passports, phones, etc. as more valuable to them than the safety of other passengers who are listening to the cabin crew to get the heck off the plane ASAP.

I think Airlines that conduct onboard evacuation drills for their new cabin crew trainees should also add this to their drills = a few selfish passengers that are grabbing their belongings from the overhead bins and blocking the flow of exiting passengers. I wonder how many of these 'overhead bin' drills would pass the FAA 90 second evacuation drill certification tests?

Your personal belongings can all be replaced. Human lives not so much.
Cheers! T7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by T7_4ever; 10-31-2016 at 07:51 AM.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote