DA.C - View Single Post - 1/200 Goldhofer AST-1 X Towbarless Tug - Shapeways Custom
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Upkeep
Design with Elegance.

Thumbs up Re: 1/200 Goldhofer AST-1 X Towbarless Tug - Shapeways Custom

That's a nice job on that tug! Better than 'OK', IMHO. Even more so after a 20 year hiatus.

Pity it always seems to be so difficult to find a decent supply of well-detailed tugs. They are either in kit form, or simply non-existent in ready-made form, be it diecast or resin.

A couple of years back I had the good fortune to be able to test-build a resin kit for a member here. Of the few kits I've built after my 40 year hiatus, I thought this was going to be a breeze. Gawd, this little 6 piece kit really gave me a run for my money when it came to application of the decals. A very nice challenge indeed, but a diecast or resin finished model would have been a run-away success here if nicely detailed with spectacular stencil detail like the decals that came with mine. Maybe someday some manufacturer will see the obvious light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Élégance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote