DA.C - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #252 (permalink)
Grizz
Master Collector

Default Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
I'm still 'licking the wounds' inflicted on me by my 'Bremain' partner for voting Brexit. From what I've heard and read, I'm not alone.

I have to admit to finding it a little baffling, to have seen the demonstrations by some Bremainers, protesting at the result. It seems strange that so many educated folk, can't seem to grasp the concept of democracy. I can well remember back in the 80s, a certain Margaret Thatcher, following a very close vote on an important bill in parliament, proclaiming on TV news following her victory, that 'one's enough' I wonder what she'd make of the political situation in the UK today.
We'll that's the marvellous thing about democracy, freedom to protest, freedom of speech, you can still speak out even if you're not happy with the result. I don't really understand why people are getting het up. Let them protest, the politicians have already said their won't be a second referendum, so what are they worried about? The margin of winning was only a million people and whilst the Leave side might feel great in their victory, they're going to have to understand as well that there are 14 odd million people who don't want this and they do have to be taken into account if the country is going to unite and move forward with Brexit. Just saying well, they lost they'll just have to put up with it isn't going to cut it.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote