DA.C - View Single Post - Posts by the same person? Using several different member names??
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
simon65
Senior 1:200 collector

Default re: Posts by the same person? Using several different member names??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenevh View Post
Charlie Alpha,

I don't have an opinion about Inflight vs JC per se. I am a proud "panic buyer"(TM) when it comes to models fitting my criteria. All the models I have, I consider great models. Even though they might not be a 100% scaled down version of the real thing. My tiny brain can identify a B707 from a B727. Sacriledge, I know. But to each his own.

Back to this topic. I don't know photobucket.
But is it not possible that one user might 'link' to a publicly available photo album?
Also, could it not be possible that someone 'copies' a photo from another user and then add it to their own photo-bucket? Thus two differrent users might have the same photo? Especially if they are friends and share such stuff with each other?

Also, don't think that a lot of views means that people are interested. I know of a lot of people who have publicly stated that they only visit DAC to stir the pot and to view 'combustible' threads. Which this one and any other 777 thread seems to devolve into.

What I do find to be annoying is that people start these flame wars on threads where users posts their newly aquired models. Which they wanted to share with fellow collectors. Only to have it pointed out to them how utterly crap 'this' or 'that' aspect of their model is. Why do collectors like pissing on the parade of another collector. It is bad form.
This is one reason why I will not post any pictures of any of my collection on DAC.

I visit to see if something interesting pops up. There are some interesting threads, but saldy, mostly the threads on DAC seem to be a waste of time to read.

You must also understand that when people are set in their ways that it is extremely difficult and very unlikely that they will shift in opinion. Bias.

I am afraid that you are fighting a losing battle and the sad part is that even if your information is 100% correct and factual, the whole debate has been done to death and people will classify you with the others. It is just human nature.

I love collecting my model toys of aircraft which have meaning for me in one way or another.

Keep collecting. And "buy what you want, and like what you buy"

Cheers.
Brilliant and Well said! This site does get too critical. I also wouldn't know if a model is 100% correct, but if it looks to me like the plane it's meant to be and I like it then i'll buy it from whoevers version i think is best. Simple as that!
simon65 is offline   Reply With Quote