DA.C - View Single Post - New Century Wings F-14A AARDVARKS VF-144 (or 114?) NH105 1978
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 10:30 AM   #132 (permalink)
ACpilot
Banned

Default Re: New Century Wings F-14A AARDVARKS VF-144 (or 114?) NH105 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
It's not unfair, Dan is one of HM's "chosen ones" and he is the one who said that! HM has stopped listening to the so called "experts" because they have been "burned". That basically means HM has gotten annoyed by us rivet counters telling them what is wrong with their models and so if they think their model is right, that is what you're getting.
I never said I was a "chosen one" and I find your suggestion that "I said so" insulting.

I am a former Military Pilot and currently fly 777s for a National Airline - as a result I may have some experience and limited expertise to be able to offer some advice to manufacturers willing to listen.

I fail to see why you adamantly defend something that is clearly wrong (misaligned tail markings not horrendous - just the angle of the photo). This is more of a hindrance than a help.

I also fail to see when we are discussing a Century Wing model and its' errors - why you go on the warpath against HM. It's not germane to the subject being discussed and simply makes you appear more as a Century Wings "Fan Boy" than anything else.

In the past, Hobby Master was " burned" by a so called expert who sent William an undated photo regarding an A-26 Release. Hobby Master unfortunately listened and made a correction that actually turned out to be an error. The model was originally correct. As a result William listens to trusted advice. Photos backed up by multiple references - not just "X" is not right statements or random photos. Anyone can send corrections to Hobby Master - just make sure your information is correct, reliable and demonstrably so. Above all, act professionally and courteous and you will likely be listened to.

I'm hopeful that Century Wings will make the corrections needed on this release (there's not a lot of time left to release in April). However, they only seem to take input from distributors and the occasional collector compared to Hobby Master. This model does seem "rushed" (even panicked) no doubt due to the new situation of having some actual competition from HM. This is not the standard we usually have come to expect from CW in the past.

Dan

Last edited by ACpilot; 03-31-2016 at 10:55 AM.
ACpilot is offline   Reply With Quote