DA.C - View Single Post - JC Wings United 777
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Madridista
40 Years of Collecting

Default Re: JC Wings United 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
The problem with the front gear is how the gear doors were attached to the top part of the gear that fits into the fuselage. The center 'plug' that holds the gear strut is a separate piece. To this, the gear doors are attached. Due to JCW's sometimes crappy quality control, the gear doors are sometimes attached too low on the center piece resulting in what you have there. I have several models that came like that and I was able to get a replacement nose gear with the gear doors attached correctly. You probably want to PM Marcus and see if you can get a replacement .

The JCW 777-200 mold is pretty good but if you look closely, there are differences. The front window frame is a little more vertical (not perfect but more correct) on the older mold and the nose is slightly more rounded. The cockpit window printing is better on the new mold however.

The engines and pylons are the original 'generic' engines and pylons with small changes that I have been talking about, except, as you notices, have a different hot section without the added detail of the original. JCW/GJ kind of 'cheaped out' on this this and used this engine and pylon to vaguely represent both the Rolls Royce and Pratt&Whitney engines. It is actually not a bad engine mold for those two kinds of engines.

And I can't wait to get mine either!
It's funny how much - or less - one cares, depending on whether he is a specific type's fan or not.

I wouldn't realize most of the problems in details on a 777. Show ever, the gear problem is apparent. Luckily, the NLG of my UA 777 ist fixed okay, but the upper part of the doors (which are not visible when attached to the gear box) is not painted on the left side; the right one is painted in that dark blue color. Funny.
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235, Spantax DHC-6 Twin Otter 200
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote