DA.C - View Single Post - JC Wings United 777
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #39 (permalink)
Charlie Alpha
long time collector

Default Re: JC Wings United 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams026 View Post
got my UL B777 over the weekend. Wanted to post some comparison pics with the GJ UL A319 and the Herpa UL B747. It seems to me that the GJ A319 grey has faded pretty strongly (or was it this light from the beginning?).

Also the front gear assembly looks a bit strange to me. It cannot be fully inserted (the gear doors sort of stick out), however the plane still sits perfectly level and has the same height as the GJ UL B777. Has anybody encountered a similar front gear?

Mainly for our member Charlie Alpha I have included a nose to nose comparison (look pretty much the same for me) and a comparison between the old and the new engine (difference seems to be the pylon and the exhaust).

Enjoy!
The problem with the front gear is how the gear doors were attached to the top part of the gear that fits into the fuselage. The center 'plug' that holds the gear strut is a separate piece. To this, the gear doors are attached. Due to JCW's sometimes crappy quality control, the gear doors are sometimes attached too low on the center piece resulting in what you have there. I have several models that came like that and I was able to get a replacement nose gear with the gear doors attached correctly. You probably want to PM Marcus and see if you can get a replacement .

The JCW 777-200 mold is pretty good but if you look closely, there are differences. The front window frame is a little more vertical (not perfect but more correct) on the older mold and the nose is slightly more rounded. The cockpit window printing is better on the new mold however.

The engines and pylons are the original 'generic' engines and pylons with small changes that I have been talking about, except, as you notices, have a different hot section without the added detail of the original. JCW/GJ kind of 'cheaped out' on this this and used this engine and pylon to vaguely represent both the Rolls Royce and Pratt&Whitney engines. It is actually not a bad engine mold for those two kinds of engines.

And I can't wait to get mine either!

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 02-09-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote