DA.C - View Single Post - Don't criticize Gemini on this forum
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
RStretton
1/600 & 1/400 Fan

Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
As far as releasing product that "you" personally don't like goes. An example is GJ. They get an order from EK to supply their stores worldwide. GJ accepts the order plus more to sell to us. Now if they were all the same reg number that would be an issue but they are not. The same with Hawaiian, Delta and American. It's business. Why has no one released the Ethiopian B777f? Cargos do not sell as well as pax. So why did all the manufacturers release a LH B777f? LH probably ordered them. Will they release the new EVA Air B777f when it is delivered in 1:1? I certainly hope so.

I found out that there was a paint issue on a certain model in one of the forums. I mentioned to a manufacturer that they may want to let their supplier know that for the future. Will that help? I certainly hope so. On the other hand if I had made a scene of it in DAC or Wings etc perhaps nothing would have happened.
I thoroughly disagree with what you have said above Jeff and the whole tone of it. Who are you or anyone else to tell me what to say. Telling people how to think or speak is possibly the most offensive thing you can do outside of violence in my opinion. This is a discussion forum and I don't need you, Nick or anyone to tell me what to say. As long as it is not offensive or rude it is fine. Ironically all the ad hominem attacks are fine but construstive criticism is not.

Gemini can do what they like but I am f*cked if I have to sit there and pat them or anyone else on the back and say good boy, well done. This is a collectors forum so I don't give a monkeys what the airlines want or whether they are profitable. If Gemini want to go for that market let them but in reality I am not happy with it. They could easily mix it up and cater for both as AC and PH do. They used to and where a better company for it.

This whole 'though shalt not criticise' thing is rubbish. Negativity is not a bad thing and positivity is not some panacea unless you are a slow witted idiot. I think people need to grow up and be able to discuss topics properly and not hide behind niceties all the time. Change was never affected by everyone saying how wonderful everything was and negative criticism sways the action of companies all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote