DA.C - View Single Post - Comparison Thread---JC Wings vs. InFlight
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
StarAllianceFlyer
B747 Junky

Default Re: Comparison Thread---JC Wings vs. InFlight

Question is can manufacturers make a model as detailed in 200 scale?

The best so far has been the Herpa Premium with the spring loaded landing gears (hint hint to JC and IF) and the clear windows. But how much more detail can they get with the landing gears that won't delay shipment by months? And I doubt the price will increase to $250, but expect it be well over $500 due to the scale and the skills the people they would have to hire to work on detailing such items.

Or if they add the pitot tubes instead of printing it on, I'd think at 200 scale it'll be too brittle and easily break. Thankfully none of the 72 scale military pitot tubes haven't arrived broken off for me yet, kind of scary thinking about searching through the box for something even smaller than the antennae.

Workable flaps would be nice, but...and maybe its dumb luck on my part, but I received the KJ-2000 (retractable flaps on the wings, moveable flaps on the horizontal stabilizers) with one of the horizontal stabilizer flap snapped off. Would be a headache and nightmare for retailers to handle, I would think.

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote