DA.C - View Single Post - "The Don" is back.
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
RStretton
1/600 & 1/400 Fan

Default Re: "The Don" is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonCollector View Post
Welcome back - it is good to have you on here.

For those complaining about the corporate releases - do you want Gemini to stay in business, or not? For whatever reasons, it seems like Gemini needs to make larger production runs than others like AeroClassics. So if it's some obscure thing that only 50 people will want, you simply can't expect Gemini to make it.
Everybody understands Gemini's need to make big runs and satisfy corporates. However Gemini used to make a decent number of interesting classic models in the past (Tridents, VC10s etc) which I assume did sell ok since they made lots of these releases. So are you telling me that the only models they can make now are releases that are current or ordered directly by corporates? If so that is very sad and they can't complain when collectors aren't happy with that.

As I pointed out there are plenty of aircraft they could make but don't on unique moulds like the 757/A310 which would sell perfectly well. So it isn't even a question of small volume sales. It seems more like an extremely cautious manufacturer which has lost its soul.

If they just looked back a few years there are lots of non-classic releases from the 90s and 2000s they could make and don't.

Anyway it seems Don only appeared to make a proclamation to the ignorant masses rather than have two way conversation so we're probably wasting our time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote