DA.C - View Single Post - Gemini November Releases
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
NYCAAer
Insane Collector

Default Re: Gemini November Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
Nothing for me this month. A Delta heavy month, I despise that airline
I think Delta has changed a lot for the better over the years. When I started flying for AA back in the late '80s, Delta had quite the reputation as being the arrogant Southern airline, and their employees thought they were better than everyone else, though AA was tough to beat back then (think Crandall), and we could hold their own against them. I remember being in SFO on a hotel shuttle with my AA crew and a couple DL pilots and they were telling us how much better they were than us. We didn't believe them, of course.

But I think the ex-Pan Am employee lawsuit of 1991, the Chapter 11 filing and the merger with NW humbled them, and the crews are a little friendlier towards other airline crews. They may still be brainwashed into thinking they're the best airline in the world, but let's be real here- they're not Emirates or Singapore.

Once all the changes and synergies take effect at AA-US, I think we'll have DL beat. The new aircraft and products are great- such as those offered on the 77W and A321T, and leave DL in the dust with their older refurbished 757s and 767s.

Kevin
NYCAAer is offline   Reply With Quote