DA.C - View Single Post - Manila folder 777-300ER Build Log (kinda)
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #161 (permalink)
manilaplane
Collector

Default Re: Manila folder 777-300ER Build Log (kinda)

Thank you guys!! Glad you've been enjoying the video, I know it's not like what I usually do and I was taking a bit of a gamble in some ways. Anyway, as for your questions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinerOne View Post
Now we're waiting for the wings ... when do we get to see the WINGS?
Here you go!!

Just kidding. That's one of the severely-warped old wings (trust me).

In all seriousness, that's the million dollar question. I'll be starting the design work soon, but it's daunting, so don't hold your breath. Let's just say it would be really nice to be able to finish this project by the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky monkey in funky town View Post
I am stunned this is even possible. How on earth is the main body going to support the wings!
It pushes the envelope in many ways (no pun intended), but cardstock is much stronger than you might think when you engineer it properly. The wings should be just fine if I design them sturdily enough

Here's a barrage of pictures to tide you over until my next post, which might not be for quite a while (progress on the wings will be very slow).

Initial round of tape to seal the body off for spraying. I was s**tting my pants because I thought the sides of the fuselage were going to get sealed shut, but it ended up being a non-issue.

Belly masking:

Fun with window stencils (chose a good airline, huh?):

Cheatlines (very difficult to establish relative "level" at first):

Titles:

Tail (it was all freehand, but it ended up being one of the most rewarding parts of the painting process):

Unfortunately this didn't work out

Somehow, this *did* work out:

I was so pressed for time/space in the video that I couldn't show this part of the process:

The video does this more justice:

Last edited by manilaplane; 01-03-2014 at 11:40 PM.
manilaplane is offline   Reply With Quote