DA.C - View Single Post - Have you ever seen a tragedy like this!?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
LOT 737-300
Clipper Tom Servo

Default Re: Have you ever seen a tragedy like this!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson3a10 View Post
The dragon models that brother me is the bubbling of colour. I have 2 old DW models over 2 years and they started bubbling. It is like zinc rot problem which is irreversible. Once it appears, you cannot save them
Well, you can save the models with paint bubbling. But it will require careful work, if you can't save that paintjob, then I guess you have a doner for a new custom model (well trying to see things from the bright side of course.) So unlike the Zinc Pest, it shouldn't deteriorate to dust like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimala
Thats very bad. Very bad.
Yup, and that is why being an informed collector before giving up ~$100 USD for that holy grail is a good idea. Sure it may be the type and livery you want, but is it really worth it when it could turn to dust next year? Believe me, there are some models I flat out avoid simply because of that threat, and these are some that I would have otherwise payed some good money for (FedEx 737-200, LOT Tu-154B2 "Aeroflot Hybrid", just to name two right off the top of my head.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote