NG TriStar - information please - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:400 Scale Model Aircraft

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By purpleplane
  • 2 Post By Tcaeyx
  • 2 Post By Big Al
  • 2 Post By JJ Skippy
  • 2 Post By Adrian
  • 1 Post By Tris10&11
  • 1 Post By captainflynn
  • 2 Post By CXDiehardfan
  • 1 Post By Michael Magdaleno
  • 1 Post By Phantom II
  • 3 Post By Big Al
  • 1 Post By captainflynn
  • 1 Post By Big Al
  • 1 Post By Big Al
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default NG TriStar - information please

Hi,

Iíve been away from this forum for over 2 years and also not been collecting models for over 3 years, been spending my spare cash on flying light aircraft (mainly Piper PA28ís).

Searching the internet tonight, I found details of a NG L1011 TriStar model of an actual aircraft that I flew on years ago and just wondered what the quality of NG models were? Iíve not heard of NG before so who are they and is their L1011 model any good? Thanks in advance.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2020, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
21 years collecting
 
purpleplane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: in Indiana near IND
Age: 62
Posts: 272
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

I have 4 of the NG L-1011 TriStars now, and I have to say, they are the best that I've seen. Well worth the price.
GliderPilot and barison82 like this.
purpleplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 103
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
who are they
New-ish manufacturer that entered the market circa 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
just wondered what the quality of NG models were?
Overall what many would now consider to be the gold standard in 1/400. Unlike other competitors, NG interacts with their customers and often produces obscure liveries requested by collectors. Accuracy and attention to detail exceed their competition, but even so, they are not immune to minor issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
is their L1011 model any good?
Their Tristar is probably the best you'll find in this scale.
GliderPilot and barison82 like this.

Last edited by Tcaeyx; 11-15-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Tcaeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleplane View Post
I have 4 of the NG L-1011 TriStars now, and I have to say, they are the best that I've seen. Well worth the price.
Thank you.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcaeyx View Post

Their Tristar is probably the best you'll find in this scale.
Excellent, thank you. The one I am interested in could be described as ďnicheĒ and I was very surprised to see it done as a model.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
18 years collecting 1:400
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Age: 50
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

NG's Tristar moulds are the best around and that is largely due to efforts of various DAC contributors (myself included) who not only campaigned to have it done, but provided expert knowledge, drawings, engineering charts and detailed information, in order to make it happen. You really won't regret a purchase, which one is that captures your imagination ?
GliderPilot and barison82 like this.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
JJ Skippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 351
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
Hi,

Iíve been away from this forum for over 2 years and also not been collecting models for over 3 years, been spending my spare cash on flying light aircraft (mainly Piper PA28ís).

Searching the internet tonight, I found details of a NG L1011 TriStar model of an actual aircraft that I flew on years ago and just wondered what the quality of NG models were? Iíve not heard of NG before so who are they and is their L1011 model any good? Thanks in advance.
NG is the best in the game right now. Definitely recommend them if they have what you want. They have a limited selection of molds though, but they're adding new ones. Currently they have the 737-800, 747SP, 757-200, A321, A321neo, A330 (both variants), A350-900, ARJ21, and L-1011 as far as I know.
GliderPilot and barison82 like this.
__________________
My BIGGEST requests for new 1:400 releases: American Eagle CRJ-900; Delta CRJ-900 re-release; United CRJ-200 Blue Evo

Latest arrivals: Gemini Jets Northwest Airbus A320 + 7 new models from DGPilot
JJ Skippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diecast Quality Inspector
 
Adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
Hi,

I’ve been away from this forum for over 2 years and also not been collecting models for over 3 years, been spending my spare cash on flying light aircraft (mainly Piper PA28’s).

Searching the internet tonight, I found details of a NG L1011 TriStar model of an actual aircraft that I flew on years ago and just wondered what the quality of NG models were? I’ve not heard of NG before so who are they and is their L1011 model any good? Thanks in advance.
So good that Gemini saw them as stiff competition and threatened dealers to stop supplying them GJ models if they stocked NGs! I have four NG Tristars and they are the biz, but a bit expensive!
hkgdave and UK_Dispatcher like this.
__________________
Adrian


The missing B.707s still needed to be done in 1/400: Uganda Airlines, Luxair,

DC-8s still needed to be done in 1/400: UAT, Iberia ('80s scheme), Air Ceylon, Air Spain, Seaboard World (-63CF)

Aeroclassics Comets still missing- Dan Air (4 & 4C), United Arab Airlines/Misrair/Egyptair, Kuwait AW, Sudan AW, East African AW, Saudi Royal Flt.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fan of the 3 fans
 
Tris10&11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Worthing/ W. Sussex
Posts: 775
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

It's the TopGun of die cast airliner manufacturers. Excellent well researched models with exceptional detail. Love every single NG model of mine in my collection. I will add that in all the years ( decades to be precise!) no manufacturer managed to get the L1011 spot on. The nose and cockpit windows being the biggest hurdle and NG nailed it. Their engines are awesome too! Well worth your money spent!
GliderPilot likes this.
__________________
Three Hole Lover!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


NG Tristars please:Gulf Air/BWIA(Steel drum livery)/RAF x3/Eastern bare metal
B763: Florida West/ABSA/Santa Barbara(all red)
JC MD-11s: Sabena White/ World Airways/Finnair blue tail/ Garuda old colours/City bird/Varig
NG SP: TWA/SAA/Qantas/Air Namibia/Luxair/Air Mauritius/ Pan Am billboard/ Saudi Arabian/ Gulf Govt's

DON'T BE DECEIVED,IM ALSO A BIG LOVER OF THE MIL STUFF!!!!
Tris10&11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
which one is that captures your imagination ?
Itís the hybrid Caledonian/Aer Lingus G-BBAF; I flew on the actual aircraft in September 1996 between Dublin and Shannon. My previous employment gave me staff travel rates on several airlines, one of which was Aer Lingus; quick day trip Heathrow - Shannon - Heathrow was planned as I hadnít flown on a TriStar before. All went well until I got to Shannon and then there was no space available on the remaining flights to Heathrow (standby subject to load ticket). Had to return to Dublin on a Fokker 50 and then found that there was also no space on any of the Heathrow flights that day so bought a Ryanair ticket to Stansted as I had to be home that evening.

This will be a nice addition to my ďaircraft flown onĒ collection. I never thought that anyone would do this particular model as I think it was only in these colours for 1 summer season. Anyway, itís on order now.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Thank you for the replies, as reported above, I have place an order.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 92
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Nice to see a another pilot on here although I don't get to fly as much as I used to.
I highly recommend NG models, they have a great L1011 Tristar model! I have quite a few of them including BA landor, BA Negus, Air Canada, Court Line (both the yellow and pink) and Caledonian to name a few.
GliderPilot likes this.
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainflynn View Post
Nice to see a another pilot on here although I don't get to fly as much as I used to.
I highly recommend NG models, they have a great L1011 Tristar model! I have quite a few of them including BA landor, BA Negus, Air Canada, Court Line (both the yellow and pink) and Caledonian to name a few.
Hi, thanks for the recommendation, Iíve ordered the Caledonian/Aer Lingus hybrid. Iím hoping to have more time for flying next years might have to change my forum name as I havenít flown gliders since 2013; I switched to Touring Motor Gliders in 2015 after a small break with flying and then extended onto SEP. Most of my flying this year though has been PA28 although weíre all grounded atm due to Covid
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Still collecting
 
CXDiehardfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Age: 21
Posts: 292
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

I have around 8 NG L-1011s, they are all superb and great releases!! Highly recommended.
GliderPilot and imbudman like this.
CXDiehardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXDiehardfan View Post
I have around 8 NG L-1011s, they are all superb and great releases!! Highly recommended.
Thank you; based on earlier recommendations, I have placed an order but Iím pleased to hear of more happy customers.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
My plane to YUM
 
Michael Magdaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: It's a dry heat!
Age: 58
Posts: 1,013
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

I only have one NG L-1011 that fits my criteria, since I've only have flown on 1 L-1011, I have the TWA N11003.
GliderPilot likes this.
Michael Magdaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
formerly insane
 
Phantom II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: heart of Bavaria
Posts: 252
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

It was NG that brought me back into collecting this stuff after stopping almost 10 years ago.
Here's a picture of my first diecast model bought in years: ATA TriStar made by NG - a must have for me and I didn't regret it.
NG Models American Trans Air L-1011 TriStar N186AT by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
NG Models American Trans Air L-1011 TriStar N186AT by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
NG Models American Trans Air L-1011 TriStar N186AT by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
barison82 likes this.
__________________
Alex

Last edited by Phantom II; 11-16-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Phantom II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
18 years collecting 1:400
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Age: 50
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
It’s the hybrid Caledonian/Aer Lingus G-BBAF; I flew on the actual aircraft in September 1996 between Dublin and Shannon. My previous employment gave me staff travel rates on several airlines, one of which was Aer Lingus; quick day trip Heathrow - Shannon - Heathrow was planned as I hadn’t flown on a TriStar before. All went well until I got to Shannon and then there was no space available on the remaining flights to Heathrow (standby subject to load ticket). Had to return to Dublin on a Fokker 50 and then found that there was also no space on any of the Heathrow flights that day so bought a Ryanair ticket to Stansted as I had to be home that evening.

This will be a nice addition to my “aircraft flown on” collection. I never thought that anyone would do this particular model as I think it was only in these colours for 1 summer season. Anyway, it’s on order now.
Good choice, I have this one too, in fact I have 19 examples of various NG Tristars, encompassing 100/200 and 500 series. The other Aer Lingus release in full livery is worth consideration too, but hey, they're all good. Especially the 500 series which I really like.

Here's a pic of my Aer Lingus/Caledonian hybrid to whet your appetite.

MVIMG_20200416_102134 by Big Al, on Flickr
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !

Last edited by Big Al; 11-16-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Acolyte of Aeolus
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KLAX
Age: 65
Posts: 1,532
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
So good that Gemini saw them as stiff competition and threatened dealers to stop supplying them GJ models if they stocked NGs! I have four NG Tristars and they are the biz, but a bit expensive!
Have they corrected the incorrect nacelle intake angle?
__________________
Flown on: DC-4, DC-6, DC-7C, DC-8 (-10, -30, -40, -50, -63, -70), DC-9 (-15, -30) MD80, MD88, DC-10-10, DC-10-30, B707 (-300, -400) B720, B721, B722, B731, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B741, B742, B744, B752, B753, B762, B763, B772, Viscount, Vanguard, BAC 1-11, Convair 340, 440, 580, 990, FH227, Fokker 100, Fokker 28, Electra, L1049G, L1011, BAe 146, Caravelle, Airbus: 319, 320, 321, 300, 340-600. 380-800, EMB 110, HP Jetstream.
snowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
18 years collecting 1:400
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Age: 50
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Have they corrected the incorrect nacelle intake angle?
Yes, as of the most recent releases.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Good choice, I have this one too, in fact I have 19 examples of various NG Tristars, encompassing 100/200 and 500 series. The other Aer Lingus release in full livery is worth consideration too, but hey, they're all good. Especially the 500 series which I really like.

Here's a pic of my Aer Lingus/Caledonian hybrid to whet your appetite.

MVIMG_20200416_102134 by Big Al, on Flickr
That looks really good. I wonít get the full EIN livery version as I didnít fly on it in those colours. Iíve really had to focus my collection criteria to only contain exact colours and registrations of aircraft that I have flown on due to storage space. Iím in the process of thinning out what I have to get closer to this criteria, getting rid of around 20 1:400 models as soon as I can.

Thanks for the photo.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom II View Post
It was NG that brought me back into collecting this stuff after stopping almost 10 years ago.
Here's a picture of my first diecast model bought in years: ATA TriStar made by NG - a must have for me and I didn't regret it.
NG Models American Trans Air L-1011 TriStar N186AT by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
NG Models American Trans Air L-1011 TriStar N186AT by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
NG Models American Trans Air L-1011 TriStar N186AT by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
Thatís a really good looking model; I really miss the older generation of airliners at airports now, itís all the same stuff. No L1011, DC10, MD-11, B727, B732 - itís mostly all sterile A320 derivatives and B777, hardly exiting.

Thanks for posting the photos.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Skippy View Post
NG is the best in the game right now. Definitely recommend them if they have what you want. They have a limited selection of molds though, but they're adding new ones. Currently they have the 737-800, 747SP, 757-200, A321, A321neo, A330 (both variants), A350-900, ARJ21, and L-1011 as far as I know.
Iíve looked through their database and there are some really interesting looking models in there, Air Europe B757 s look good but I never flew on them. I have to be disciplined and stick to my collection criteria due to storage space. I now only collect models of aircraft in the exact colours and registration of actual aircraft that I flew in (there are several hundred over the years) although they can be of any scale.

The collection ranges from a 1:200 British Airways A380 to a 1:600 GO B737. Iíll keep an eye out on their future releases though.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 92
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
Hi, thanks for the recommendation, Iíve ordered the Caledonian/Aer Lingus hybrid. Iím hoping to have more time for flying next years might have to change my forum name as I havenít flown gliders since 2013; I switched to Touring Motor Gliders in 2015 after a small break with flying and then extended onto SEP. Most of my flying this year though has been PA28 although weíre all grounded atm due to Covid

Ahh I have the Aer Lingus Tristar in full livery which is really nice. I haven't go the hybrid one yet. I also noticed you mentioned the Air Europe B757 in one of your posts, I also have one of those too. NG is definitely a good company and model maker.


Oh very nice! I haven't flown a PA28 before but I have flown a BE19A Musketeer which looks a little similar. I don't have a job at the moment so I am definitely not going to be flying any time soon. I did notice some of the local flying schools operating during the lockdown though.
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainflynn View Post
Ahh I have the Aer Lingus Tristar in full livery which is really nice. I haven't go the hybrid one yet. I also noticed you mentioned the Air Europe B757 in one of your posts, I also have one of those too. NG is definitely a good company and model maker.


Oh very nice! I haven't flown a PA28 before but I have flown a BE19A Musketeer which looks a little similar. I don't have a job at the moment so I am definitely not going to be flying any time soon. I did notice some of the local flying schools operating during the lockdown though.
All the photos supplied look really good and Iím looking forward to the delivery of mine.

I hadnít heard of a Beechcraft Musketeer before but it certainly does look very much like a PA28. Some of the commercial schools are still flying but private flight training has stopped although maintenance flights and flights in order to maintain currency are allowed. My club isnít flying until December 2nd and the journey there couldnít be classed as essential either so Iím not flying until restrictions ease.

I like the look of the Air Europe B757ís, remember seeing them at Gatwick but I never flew on any so even if they are good models, I wonít be adding them to my collection. Iíve got to be strict otherwise Iíd just buy hundreds of models and I donít really have the space for them. Mrs. GP would not approve either

I did have a chuckle when I saw that one of the 757ís was G-BKRM; a friend of mine used to work at Air Europe Ops and told me that RM was called ďRubber MatĒ, a reference to it regularly going tech and then bouncing back to serviceability, only to go tech again soon after.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Boeing 707-320C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 480
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

The ATA Tristar looks fantastic.
__________________
Nick Moss

Holy Grails Boeing 707 of Ethiopian (Done)/Royal Jordanian/Tarom/Dan Air/Florida West/Tampa/Millon Air/Air Zimbabwe (Done)/Azerbaijan, DC-8 of Air Spain/Surinam-KLM(Done)/Seaboard World, Tu134 of Aviogenex/Malev/Aeroflot(Done)/Balkan, Tu154 of Malev, IL76 of Mahan Air, Caravelle of Trans Europa/Syrian Air, plus any AN12, Tu114, IL14.

Favourite manufacturers - Aeroclassics ("just like a fine wine, they only get better with time"), also like El Aviador, and NG Models.
Boeing 707-320C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 92
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
All the photos supplied look really good and Iím looking forward to the delivery of mine.

I hadnít heard of a Beechcraft Musketeer before but it certainly does look very much like a PA28. Some of the commercial schools are still flying but private flight training has stopped although maintenance flights and flights in order to maintain currency are allowed. My club isnít flying until December 2nd and the journey there couldnít be classed as essential either so Iím not flying until restrictions ease.

I like the look of the Air Europe B757ís, remember seeing them at Gatwick but I never flew on any so even if they are good models, I wonít be adding them to my collection. Iíve got to be strict otherwise Iíd just buy hundreds of models and I donít really have the space for them. Mrs. GP would not approve either

I did have a chuckle when I saw that one of the 757ís was G-BKRM; a friend of mine used to work at Air Europe Ops and told me that RM was called ďRubber MatĒ, a reference to it regularly going tech and then bouncing back to serviceability, only to go tech again soon after.

Ah that explains why I'm still seeing some training aircraft out and about. Where are you based out of interest? I haven't flown for a couple of years sadly but I fly from Cranfield. A friend of mine owns the musketeer which is the last aircraft I flew. Although I've flown a few types over the years: C150, C152, C172, PA38 Tomahawk.. All good fun.
Have you ever thought of joining the CAP (Civil Air Patrol) ? We do have one in the UK which I only found out about last year.


I also understand about your model criteria. I've been collecting for about 30yrs now and have around 500+ models. NG Have made a few Air Europe B757's (I have G-BKRM) including one in BA landor livery with Air Europe titles. Quite a funny story regarding RM's nickname! There's always one in every fleet sadly.
GliderPilot likes this.
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

I fly a Touring Motor Glider from Enstone mostly, a Diamond Super Dimona but have been flying with friends from various airfields; Denham, Blackbushe and Denham. I did a trip from Stapleford in a PA28 to Easter in the Scottish Highlands via Perth in September which was great

I didn’t know there was a CAP in the UK, will have to look into it.

I have around 100 models collected over the last 18 years, around 40 or so are second hand from model fairs and EBAY, the rest new from on-line sellers mainly. I’ll be thinning out my collection soon, getting rid of about 25 models that I no longer consider to be part of my collection; they are all MD-11s that I picked up second hand and don’t really for the new criteria.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Thanks everyone for giving me information on NG; my Aer Lingus/Caledonian L1011 arrived today, it’s a really good model and I’m very pleased with it.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
18 years collecting 1:400
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Age: 50
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
Thanks everyone for giving me information on NG; my Aer Lingus/Caledonian L1011 arrived today, itís a really good model and Iím very pleased with it.
Great, enjoy !
GliderPilot likes this.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 92
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
I fly a Touring Motor Glider from Enstone mostly, a Diamond Super Dimona but have been flying with friends from various airfields; Denham, Blackbushe and Denham. I did a trip from Stapleford in a PA28 to Easter in the Scottish Highlands via Perth in September which was great

I didnít know there was a CAP in the UK, will have to look into it.

I have around 100 models collected over the last 18 years, around 40 or so are second hand from model fairs and EBAY, the rest new from on-line sellers mainly. Iíll be thinning out my collection soon, getting rid of about 25 models that I no longer consider to be part of my collection; they are all MD-11s that I picked up second hand and donít really for the new criteria.

Oh very nice! I've never flown a motor glider nor a Diamond Super Dimona either! I bet they are both lovely to fly though. Sadly I've never flown in to Enstone. My first ever flight and trial lesson was from Denham though, I love that airfield. You certainly did a bit of a long haul in the PA28 flying from Stapleford all the way up to Scotland! I hope you took photos along the way.


Yes we have a CAP in the UK: http://swcap.uk/ I think they require over 100hrs to volunteer as a pilot but they also take on aerial observers. Given I'm out of currency at the moment I was thinking of asking to join as an Aerial Observer until times are better economically and I can get my currency back.


I collect most of mine off of ebay nowadays but I also buy from retailers too. I hope you manage to get a decent price for the MD11's, they can be popular being a tri-jet. Will you be listing them on ebay?
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #32 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Hi,

I took a few photos during the flight up to Scotland but mostly I was flying/navigating and generally operating the aircraft so not many.

I looked into the CAP, it appears that they have enough pilots for now.

I was going to list my surplus MD-11 models on here first to see if they generate any interest and then probably ebay
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Boeing 707-320C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 480
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

The NG TriStar is superb, I can't believe I haven't yet purchased one, that is because I already have a couple of Tristars. 5-6 previous moulds I believe but NG have taken the accuracy to a new level with this model.

Love the American Trans Air especially. Will get one of these one day undoubtedly just not top priority. Same with their 757.
__________________
Nick Moss

Holy Grails Boeing 707 of Ethiopian (Done)/Royal Jordanian/Tarom/Dan Air/Florida West/Tampa/Millon Air/Air Zimbabwe (Done)/Azerbaijan, DC-8 of Air Spain/Surinam-KLM(Done)/Seaboard World, Tu134 of Aviogenex/Malev/Aeroflot(Done)/Balkan, Tu154 of Malev, IL76 of Mahan Air, Caravelle of Trans Europa/Syrian Air, plus any AN12, Tu114, IL14.

Favourite manufacturers - Aeroclassics ("just like a fine wine, they only get better with time"), also like El Aviador, and NG Models.
Boeing 707-320C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #34 (permalink)
21 years collecting
 
purpleplane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: in Indiana near IND
Age: 62
Posts: 272
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing 707-320C View Post
The NG TriStar is superb, I can't believe I haven't yet purchased one, that is because I already have a couple of Tristars. 5-6 previous moulds I believe but NG have taken the accuracy to a new level with this model.

Love the American Trans Air especially. Will get one of these one day undoubtedly just not top priority. Same with their 757.
I agree, the NG TriStar is superb. I already have 4 of them, and I'm planning to replace all of the L-1011s in my collection (still waiting for a couple to be released)
purpleplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleplane View Post
I agree, the NG TriStar is superb. I already have 4 of them, and I'm planning to replace all of the L-1011s in my collection (still waiting for a couple to be released)
I really like mine, just shows how good they are if they are replacing previous models in a collection.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
Collector
 
GliderPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 1,139
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing 707-320C View Post
The NG TriStar is superb, I can't believe I haven't yet purchased one, that is because I already have a couple of Tristars. 5-6 previous moulds I believe but NG have taken the accuracy to a new level with this model.

Love the American Trans Air especially. Will get one of these one day undoubtedly just not top priority. Same with their 757.
As already mentioned, Iím really pleased with mine. Iím hoping that some of the B757s that I flew in with the BA World Colours fins will be released in the future, not got a B757 in my collection yet.
GliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
18 years collecting 1:400
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Age: 50
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: NG TriStar - information please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderPilot View Post
As already mentioned, Iím really pleased with mine. Iím hoping that some of the B757s that I flew in with the BA World Colours fins will be released in the future, not got a B757 in my collection yet.
Some more next year I believe,
GliderPilot likes this.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Latest Threads
- by Redrado
- by BA2936
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.