NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs - Page 2 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:400 Scale Model Aircraft

Like Tree64Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
ngmodel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GUANG DONG
Posts: 884
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

The post-production of the pictures may have gone a bit too far.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Skippy View Post
Yeah, NG’s photos are usually off with the color; it makes the model’s colors over saturated to my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B767Aviation View Post
Yeah. The lighting is off, which sometimes make the models look like they're in a wrong color. I have seen a SkyTeam livery 738 today in real life and I think the model is great! Also both the Fiji and SWA look amazing!

Btw hi Rice Drew and JJ haha.
ngmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2020, 10:22 AM   #52 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 102
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
  1. the printing of the nosecone has to be adjusted
  2. smaller frontgear wheels
  3. cokpit windows need zo be printed straight (not a NG exclusive issue)
Oof you're right. Didn't mess around with the wheel but I adjusted the nose cone & cockpit printing, which makes a huge difference IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmodel View Post
Thanks, we will make adjustments in the future products.
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-1.jpg  

Last edited by Tcaeyx; 09-14-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Tcaeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
A CollEctor
 
RiceCookerAviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Yes
Posts: 17
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

For the Fiji Airways, the colors look kind of off. On the model the central solid color is a reddish brown but with a lot more red. The darker pattern surrounding it looks just solid black. In real life, it the central color should be more of a dark-orangish-brown (idk how to describe the color) and the pattern design surrounding seems to be almost black but looks more brown when sunlight is shone on it. It could be the lighting of the room or the picutres were over-edited or something. idk. Other than the the model looks fantastic, the mould is on point!
B767Aviation likes this.
__________________
#MakeGeminiRegionalJets

Last edited by RiceCookerAviation; 09-14-2020 at 09:34 PM.
RiceCookerAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
JJ Skippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 224
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmodel View Post
The post-production of the pictures may have gone a bit too far.
That does make sense. Maybe they're having fun with the hue/saturation settings in Photoshop (no offense)
__________________
My BIGGEST requests for new releases: American Eagle CRJ-900; Delta CRJ-900 re-release

Latest arrivals: NG Models Swoop Boeing 737-800, NG Models Delta A321 Thank You, GeminiMacs Lockheed C-5M Super Galaxy
JJ Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
Collector
 
MROC-SJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 69
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmodel View Post
wow, Roger.
Thanks NG!! That'd be awesome!!
__________________
Dear NG, please produce these:
-Avianca A321 N570TA / Avianca A321 N692AV
-Copa Airlines B738 HP-1535CMP / Copa Airlines B738 HP-1849CMP / Copa Airlines B738 HP-1823CMP
-Air Transat A321neo C-GOIF
-Iberia A359 EC-NBE


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MROC-SJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:16 AM   #56 (permalink)
collEctor!
 
B767Aviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 27
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Hello NG,

Would you consider to make a Korean Air 738 Skyteam, HL7568? There were no Korean Air models from NG, and furthermore the livery is similar to the Delta one, 58071, therefore I am assuming that it should not be too hard to design. I loved the details and the colors on the 58071, so I look forward to this as well. Main differences are, that it has eyebrow windows, it has a registration on the right wing, and the bottom of the left wing, (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8527181). The font of the registration on both wings are identical (right wing ONLY has one on the top side of the wing, and left wing ONLY has one on the bottom side of the wing). The registration number is a shade of blue color.

Also it has a bit different tail details which can be found in this image:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9082692
Also another difference from the Delta is that the inside of the winglets aren't painted; Only the outside are painted in navy.


Additionally, is there a plan to develop a 1:400 version of the CRJ200 (or any other RJ)? The current 1:200 mould seems perfect, and I would love to see one in 1:400 as well.

Thank you for your consideration.
__________________
NG, I would love to see:
Korean Air B738 HL7568 (Skyteam livery)
American B738 N936AN (in the chrome livery)
American A332 N290AY
Delta B752 N704X/N702TW
Thank you!

Last edited by B767Aviation; 09-16-2020 at 05:35 AM.
B767Aviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #57 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
ngmodel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GUANG DONG
Posts: 884
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Will add it to the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767Aviation View Post
Hello NG,

Would you consider to make a Korean Air 738 Skyteam, HL7568? There were no Korean Air models from NG, and furthermore the livery is similar to the Delta one, 58071, therefore I am assuming that it should not be too hard to design. I loved the details and the colors on the 58071, so I look forward to this as well. Main differences are, that it has eyebrow windows, it has a registration on the right wing, and the bottom of the left wing, (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8527181). The font of the registration on both wings are identical (right wing ONLY has one on the top side of the wing, and left wing ONLY has one on the bottom side of the wing). The registration number is a shade of blue color.

Also it has a bit different tail details which can be found in this image:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9082692
Also another difference from the Delta is that the inside of the winglets aren't painted; Only the outside are painted in navy.


Additionally, is there a plan to develop a 1:400 version of the CRJ200 (or any other RJ)? The current 1:200 mould seems perfect, and I would love to see one in 1:400 as well.

Thank you for your consideration.
dennypayne likes this.
ngmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #58 (permalink)
collEctor!
 
B767Aviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 27
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmodel View Post
Will add it to the plan.
Thank you very much!
__________________
NG, I would love to see:
Korean Air B738 HL7568 (Skyteam livery)
American B738 N936AN (in the chrome livery)
American A332 N290AY
Delta B752 N704X/N702TW
Thank you!
B767Aviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
747 - Can't be Beat!
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 68
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transpac787 View Post
The "hot exhaust" portion of the engine, aft of the "cold exhaust". N1 are the main fans, visible in the intake.

On an actual JT9D, the exhaust 'spike' is quite a bit smaller diameter than the aft nacelle. On the NG version, it appears the aft nacelle tapers into the exhaust spike, which is incorrect. Hard to tell definitively, though, as the engines are out of focus in the photo.
I found some more photos of the NG 747SP on the internet from retailers who've started receiving stock. A proper side profile this time, my only nitpicks so far are that the HF aerials and the nose gear could use refinement.
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-5f63897e75e86.jpg  
joeycheung0521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,750
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

I'm somewhat concerned because both your photos and Waffle's photos of the American 757 show the AA logo on the tail to be crooked. From what I can tell from Airliners.net photos of N645AA, the tail logo should be parallel with the fuselage.

I'll post photos of mine when it arrives. It's in-transit to arrive in a few days.

Jim
__________________
The greatest need in 1:400: Reissues of Major Passenger-Carrier 747 Classics: -100/200, -300, and SP, of NG / Aeroclassics / Big Bird Mk. 1 quality. Examples: American; United Blue-Star, Bass; TWA double globe, double stripe; Pan Am delivery; British Airways Negus, Landor; KLM 70's-80's blue top; Air France 70's-80's; Lufthansa 70's-80's; Aer Lingus delivery; Sabena 80's circle-s; Japan Air Lines 70's-80s; All Nippon 70's; and Qantas 70's-80's.
BWI-ROCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #61 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycheung0521 View Post
I found some more photos of the NG 747SP on the internet from retailers who've started receiving stock. A proper side profile this time, my only nitpicks so far are that the HF aerials and the nose gear could use refinement.
The nose definately needs correction. Cockpit a smaller and placed a little higher.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
LAX-MNL-AMS
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 46
Default

Got the 747SP today.

-The cheat line definetly needs to be lowered. The main floor windows are too high

-The chrome portion where the landing lights are should come closer to wing root.

-Engines looks good to me.

-Horizontal stabilizer is a bit skewed on the downward position, maybe because of cheat line.

NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-image_1600555861114.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-image_1600555977549.jpg  
KL808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:51 PM   #63 (permalink)
YMML Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 90
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
According to multiple retailers it'll be out this month.
I was just told by my retailer that the ANA is delayed by another month. Has anyone else heard differently?
Nicko_0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:07 AM   #64 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
jksc78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 21
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-66225472-d732-43a9-b9d4-c31ef7f63f65.jpg

NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-40ff0228-dad0-4747-bbb5-898437cce64d.jpg
Beautiful 747SP
jksc78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:56 AM   #65 (permalink)
747 - Can't be Beat!
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 68
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko_0209 View Post
I was just told by my retailer that the ANA is delayed by another month. Has anyone else heard differently?
Well that's not very reassuring for those of us who have it on preorder...
joeycheung0521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:49 AM   #66 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceCookerAviation View Post
For the Fiji Airways, the colors look kind of off. On the model the central solid color is a reddish brown but with a lot more red. The darker pattern surrounding it looks just solid black. In real life, it the central color should be more of a dark-orangish-brown (idk how to describe the color) and the pattern design surrounding seems to be almost black but looks more brown when sunlight is shone on it. It could be the lighting of the room or the picutres were over-edited or something. idk. Other than the the model looks fantastic, the mould is on point!
The lighting on the real planes pic is more intense, maybe that is the reason.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:28 AM   #67 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 6,150
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

If there's one thing I've learned whilst in this hobby, it's that you just can't trust a jpeg.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
formerly insane
 
Phantom II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: heart of Bavaria
Posts: 165
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
If there's one thing I've learned whilst in this hobby, it's that you just can't trust a jpeg.

True that.

Never trust an image that you haven't shot yourself and that you don't have the original RAW-file/settings for. IMO, the white balancer is slightly off for the real pic. Things look less dramatic once I manually set it. Still that doesn't tell me anything about whether it is "correct". Could also be some excessively pushed dynamics/contrast lever on the model photo...
__________________
Alex

Last edited by Phantom II; 09-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Phantom II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:04 PM   #69 (permalink)
formerly insane
 
Phantom II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: heart of Bavaria
Posts: 165
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL808 View Post
Got the 747SP today.

-The cheat line definetly needs to be lowered. The main floor windows are too high

-The chrome portion where the landing lights are should come closer to wing root.

-Engines looks good to me.

-Horizontal stabilizer is a bit skewed on the downward position, maybe because of cheat line.

Attachment 346994

Agreed, still that's the best ever 747 I saw in this scale.

Now NG, please do some 741/742/743! Oh, and that SAA 747SP in 70's colors of course.
Tris10&11 likes this.
__________________
Alex
Phantom II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #70 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL808 View Post
Got the 747SP today.

-The cheat line definetly needs to be lowered. The main floor windows are too high

-The chrome portion where the landing lights are should come closer to wing root.

-Engines looks good to me.

-Horizontal stabilizer is a bit skewed on the downward position, maybe because of cheat line.

Attachment 346994

Maybe this helps alittle to improve the SP mould. It is not exactly the same angle of photography, but imho you can see what needs to be corrected.

It is the nose which needs to be modified - the windowline is sitting on a correct level.


There also is a dlight curve on the upperdeck windeowline - why? And is the outboard pylon a little oversized? - just my two cents....
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-5f63897e75e86.jpg   NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-5f63897e75e86-kopie.jpg  
joeycheung0521 likes this.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***

Last edited by European Collector; 09-20-2020 at 06:20 PM.
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #71 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
ngmodel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GUANG DONG
Posts: 884
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Thank you, would you describe the issues with graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycheung0521 View Post
I found some more photos of the NG 747SP on the internet from retailers who've started receiving stock. A proper side profile this time, my only nitpicks so far are that the HF aerials and the nose gear could use refinement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
The nose definately needs correction. Cockpit a smaller and placed a little higher.
ngmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:51 AM   #72 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
ngmodel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GUANG DONG
Posts: 884
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Not so understand about this point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL808 View Post
Got the 747SP today.

………………

-Horizontal stabilizer is a bit skewed on the downward position, maybe because of cheat line.

Attachment 346994
ngmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
ngmodel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GUANG DONG
Posts: 884
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko_0209 View Post
I was just told by my retailer that the ANA is delayed by another month. Has anyone else heard differently?
A good meal is never afraid of late.
MROC-SJO likes this.
ngmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:56 AM   #74 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 775
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

I don't know either. Maybe some arrows to direct the attention to the issues would help. I'm having a hard time seeing what the issue is too. The only thing I see, compared to the the photo of the real aircraft, are the obvious differences in the number of windows. But I don't think that's what is being pointed out here.

Harvey
__________________
Most Recent Arrivals: AeroClassics Iberia Express A320

Previous Arrivals: JC Wings Saudi Arabian A320, AeroClassics Air France A319
C141*Lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:01 AM   #75 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
ngmodel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GUANG DONG
Posts: 884
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom II View Post
Agreed, still that's the best ever 747 I saw in this scale.

Now NG, please do some 741/742/743! Oh, and that SAA 747SP in 70's colors of course.
On the way.
ngmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:38 AM   #76 (permalink)
formerly insane
 
Phantom II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: heart of Bavaria
Posts: 165
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by C141*Lifter View Post
I don't know either. Maybe some arrows to direct the attention to the issues would help. I'm having a hard time seeing what the issue is too. The only thing I see, compared to the the photo of the real aircraft, are the obvious differences in the number of windows. But I don't think that's what is being pointed out here.

Harvey
All I see is a slightly too high window line and a slightly too low cockpit.

Whatever I do with photoshop I can't spot any big issues mould-wise.

Edit: and the windows are due to the image being of the sistership which has a different door/window layout.
__________________
Alex

Last edited by Phantom II; 09-21-2020 at 02:52 AM.
Phantom II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:41 AM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 153
Default

I don’t see a problem with the nose, just the windowline
vellnueve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:02 AM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
If there's one thing I've learned whilst in this hobby, it's that you just can't trust a jpeg.
Very true, I remember when they released the american 757 last year and the grey looked way to dark but on receiving it, it was fine.
planeoldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:26 AM   #79 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmodel View Post
Thank you, would you describe the issues with graphics?
I don't know if this is what you expect....
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-5f63897e75e86.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #80 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 102
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmodel View Post
Thank you, would you describe the issues with graphics?
My suggestions for the cockpit window printing.
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-1.jpg  
barison82 and Tris10&11 like this.
Tcaeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #81 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcaeyx View Post
My suggestions for the cockpit window printing.
Looking good.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #82 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Is this actual release the same mould as the sample? The sample looked more accurate - also the undercarriage.
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-kl.jpg   NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-cx.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***

Last edited by European Collector; 09-21-2020 at 12:46 PM.
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #83 (permalink)
Tremendous Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
I don't know if this is what you expect....
Your suggestion to move doors 1LR is way off; if you measure the distance between doors 1LR and 2LR on the model, and compare it to the real dimensions, its nigh spot-on.

Also, the prominent "forehead" look, is because the cockpit windows were printed too low. Tcaeyx has done a much better job at showing what it should look like.

Tris10&11 likes this.

Last edited by Transpac787; 09-21-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Transpac787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #84 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transpac787 View Post
Your suggestion to move doors 1LR is way off; if you measure the distance between doors 1LR and 2LR on the model, and compare it to the real dimensions, its nigh spot-on.

Also, the prominent "forehead" look, is because the cockpit windows were printed too low. Tcaeyx has done a much better job at showing what it should look like.
Jusr for you. And you get a pretty good impression, how much higher the cockpit should sit. Besides, Tcaeyx compared model to model. When you compare a model to the real thing there is no need to add additional drawings to the model because you see them on the actual aircraft.
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-3369356618_37646dafee_o.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***

Last edited by European Collector; 09-21-2020 at 02:16 PM.
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #85 (permalink)
Tremendous Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
Jusr for you. And you get a pretty good impression, how much higher the cockpit should sit. Besides, Tcaeyx compared model to model. When you compare a model to the real thing there is no need to add additional drawings to the model because you see them on the actual aircraft.
Your door comparison is beyond absurd.

Your black datum line alone, isn't even in the same place on your photo comparison. On the model, it's shown dead-center on the 8th window from left. On the photo of the actual plane, it's forward of the 9th window from left (one is blanked-out). A significant difference, from which you've extrapolated all your scaling suggestions.
Tris10&11 likes this.
Transpac787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #86 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 102
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
Jusr for you. And you get a pretty good impression, how much higher the cockpit should sit. Besides, Tcaeyx compared model to model. When you compare a model to the real thing there is no need to add additional drawings to the model because you see them on the actual aircraft.
The pictures aren't scaled to an equivalent size (just from using a ruler, the 747 in the top picture is smaller.) I'd guess that slightly enlarging the top photo would bring the doors back and correct the alignment issue.
Tcaeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #87 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 27
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Just received VP-BLK today and I am wondering, does this plane have white wings and pylons in reality? Model has gray wings and pylons, and looking at various pictures online, I don't think the color choice was correct... someone correct me if I am wrong.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:29 PM   #88 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 42
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko_0209 View Post
I was just told by my retailer that the ANA is delayed by another month. Has anyone else heard differently?
I've been told it would arrive with the september releases in 2-3 weeks
Mpir225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:47 PM   #89 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,549
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpir225 View Post
I've been told it would arrive with the september releases in 2-3 weeks
I have been told the same thing.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:28 AM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 153
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transpac787 View Post
Your door comparison is beyond absurd.

Your black datum line alone, isn't even in the same place on your photo comparison. On the model, it's shown dead-center on the 8th window from left. On the photo of the actual plane, it's forward of the 9th window from left (one is blanked-out). A significant difference, from which you've extrapolated all your scaling suggestions.
The perspective is also different on the model picture vs the live one, that's introducing additional error.
vellnueve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:10 AM   #91 (permalink)
formerly insane
 
Phantom II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: heart of Bavaria
Posts: 165
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyHA View Post
Just received VP-BLK today and I am wondering, does this plane have white wings and pylons in reality? Model has gray wings and pylons, and looking at various pictures online, I don't think the color choice was correct... someone correct me if I am wrong.
Wait. Everyone's nitpicking the nose and you come along telling us that 50% of the model has the wrong color?
From everything I've seen so far I'd say yes. Didn't even NG release the Sands Tristar in white?

On a general note: white vs. light grey can be hard to tell from pics (how many A350 models do have erroneousely white wings?)
Ty-114 and IflyHA like this.
__________________
Alex
Phantom II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:33 AM   #92 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

The angle of the photo does not affect the positioning of the doors and cockpit.
BTW I already said "It is not the exact same angle." The doors of the model and the actual aircraft have the exact same width - so no scaling error.
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-3369356618_37646dafee_o.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***

Last edited by European Collector; 09-22-2020 at 02:41 AM.
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:10 AM   #93 (permalink)
Propellor Blade Fetishist
 
Ty-114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,204
Talking Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom II View Post
Wait. Everyone's nitpicking the nose and you come along telling us that 50% of the model has the wrong color?

This. Just this. hilarious.


Arrr, bomb up me hearties, I hear that the fabled Crown of the Colourblind King of the Rivet Counters has been seen in these parts!
400metal likes this.
Ty-114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
JJ Skippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 224
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
The angle of the photo does not affect the positioning of the doors and cockpit.
BTW I already said "It is not the exact same angle." The doors of the model and the actual aircraft have the exact same width - so no scaling error.
I love how everyone is overanalyzing the daylights out of this plane; you don’t have to make it so hard, guys. No model is 100% perfect.
__________________
My BIGGEST requests for new releases: American Eagle CRJ-900; Delta CRJ-900 re-release

Latest arrivals: NG Models Swoop Boeing 737-800, NG Models Delta A321 Thank You, GeminiMacs Lockheed C-5M Super Galaxy
JJ Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:30 AM   #95 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Skippy View Post
I love how everyone is overanalyzing the daylights out of this plane; you don’t have to make it so hard, guys. No model is 100% perfect.
Its just strange that a sample is more accurate than a production model - though not surprising sometimes (depending on the manufacturer).And we had a fellow collector here, who helped out with pic which shows perfectly where to place the windowline and the cockpit. The sample mould itself looked great. I am sure NG aill take all this constructive and will have their conclusion of this discussion and will work on the issues
Attached Thumbnails
NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photographs-kl.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***

Last edited by European Collector; 09-22-2020 at 09:39 AM.
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #96 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Redriveraviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 7
Default

Anybody else think the Singapore gold looks kind of goofy on the middle stripe and rudder portion on the tail?
Redriveraviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #97 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 102
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Skippy View Post
I love how everyone is overanalyzing the daylights out of this plane; you don’t have to make it so hard, guys. No model is 100% perfect.
Because of our feedback, NG has adjusted:
  • The nose of the 737
    The engine size of the RR on the 757
    The canted cowl on the L-1011
    The engine pylons of the A330
    The cockpit windows on the 787

NG has shown a willingness to continually improve and show that they actually care about our input. Call us rivet counters, but by this time next year, their 747 will probably have been updated with some (if not all) of our suggestions.
Tcaeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #98 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 27
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcaeyx View Post
Because of our feedback, NG has adjusted:
  • The nose of the 737
    The engine size of the RR on the 757
    The canted cowl on the L-1011
    The engine pylons of the A330
    The cockpit windows on the 787

NG has shown a willingness to continually improve and show that they actually care about our input. Call us rivet counters, but by this time next year, their 747 will probably have been updated with some (if not all) of our suggestions.
NG went the opposite direction with their retooling of the 757 RB211. It is now very over sized and looks even more off. Look at the model head on compared to a real picture and they are too wide in diameter, and too low to the ground. The original engines ground clearance was far more accurate, and I think a re-tooling of the RR pylon to make it a bit thinner will help with ground clearance issues now. The new engine nearly touches the ground now... and the general shape is still not right. The RB211 gracefully tapers off near the back, whereas NG have designed a toilet paper roll with hardly any shape.

I actually preferred the older engine, and I am sure I'm in the minority on that one! And now that we have the third American o/c 757 release (first with new engine), they surely do not look consistent.

Last edited by IflyHA; 09-22-2020 at 10:48 AM.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:07 AM   #99 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 6,150
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyHA View Post
NG went the opposite direction with their retooling of the 757 RB211. It is now very over sized and looks even more off. Look at the model head on compared to a real picture and they are too wide in diameter, and too low to the ground. The original engines ground clearance was far more accurate, and I think a re-tooling of the RR pylon to make it a bit thinner will help with ground clearance issues now. The new engine nearly touches the ground now... and the general shape is still not right. The RB211 gracefully tapers off near the back, whereas NG have designed a toilet paper roll with hardly any shape.

I actually preferred the older engine, and I am sure I'm in the minority on that one! And now that we have the third American o/c 757 release (first with new engine), they surely do not look consistent.
The 535C type looks fine to me, the original pylon was too big and caused the ground clearance issues. The 535-E4 was originally too 'skinny' and lacked the lower curve it should have had (see Gemini Jets by comparison). I think it looks better now, but further pylon adjustment could be made to accommodate the fatter cowling. At least it no longer looks like it's borrowed from a CFM equipped A320.
barison82 likes this.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !

Last edited by Big Al; 09-22-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #100 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 27
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: NG Model - 1:400 August 2020 Release Photograp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
The 535C type looks fine to me, the original pylon was too big and caused the ground clearance issues. The 535-E4 was originally too 'skinny' and lacked the lower curve it should have had (see Gemini Jets by comparison). I think it looks better now, but further pylon adjustment could be made to accommodate the fatter cowling. At least it no longer looks like it's borrowed from an Engine Alliance equipped A320.
That is very true, I had forgotten about the modification to the 535C! I wish there were a way to purchase the new 535C engines used for the recent BA 757s and retrofit them to the original world tail releases.

I agree that the earliest iterations of the 535-E4 were shaped like A320 engines, but looking at the ones I do have, some seem to have a better shape than the first released. I think it really boils down to the pylon size, and an adjustment to that will certainly give better ground clearance and make it look less bulky.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.