Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ?? - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:400 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 75
Question Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Being a SanFrancisco 49ers supporter from the UK,i am actually troubled in my loyalty as of my prediction as of a few days ago in another thread!

I am also very glad that the KC Kansas city Chiefs have FINALLY made a SuperBowl and won the AFC championship after 50 years!!!!
2 old AFL teams in the final against each other for the first time! Its going to be a classic as of the 2 classic old teams!

So i am at a croossroads of who i want to win? Part of me actually would like KC to win as its been sooooo long and the Team Coach has been there for 20 yrs and is old and may never get another chance to win the trophy! Jimmy.G at the 49ers have years yet to win more and over take the Steelers and the Patriots and become once again the all-time SuperBowl team! We had a perfect record till old Kapernak or what eve his name was if i recall allowed the Ravens in the 4th quater take the 2012 Superbowl from the 49ers when we would have been at 6-0! Still Perfect but his failure if i recall with turnovers or was it a field kick allowed the Ravens to win as time ran -out! So we are currently 5-1! I suppose the 0 was eventually going to go and the 49ers would loose a superbowl appearance but i am split this time as i do not want 1 to become 2 but the chiefs sort of deserve it after all this time!

It will be a close match and its the 49ers to loose! They must stop the KC Chiefs running game and then the 49ers will win other wise its the Chiefs! It will be close and this now comes to my Question?

I know that Boeing did a B747-8F plane with the Seattle SeaHawks colours as a livery but has there been anyone else? ? I like to see a A220 in 49ers livery!
I am not sure if it was sponsored or to celebrate the Seahawks win a few years back?



http://https://farm4.staticflickr.co...f9a146fc_b.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Garry77; 01-21-2020 at 05:31 AM.
Garry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
Master Collector
 
dennypayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 791
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Alaska had a 727 with Seahawks livery a while back and Aeroclassics made it in 1:400: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/6382

Braniff had a Dallas Cowboys livery on a 727, also done by AC: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/74435

AirTran had Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, and Indianapolis Colts 717's, only the Falcons one has been made in 1:400: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/22482

JetBlue has 2 NY Jets liveries, both made in 1:400 by AC: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com...0&remarks=jets

TWA had a Rams 727 and 757 (I knew about the 727 intially but wasn't aware of the 757 until I ran this search) - neither made in 1:400 yet. https://www.google.com/search?q=twa+rams+plane

US Airways had 4 A319's with NFL liveries - Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Cardinals and the Eagles ones have also been made in 1:400 by GJ. https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com...&scale=1%3A400

The Patriots now have two of their own 767s, one has been made by GJ: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/75481

And oddly enough, AirAsia X also had an A340 painted in Raiders colors - Phoenix made this one: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/21662
__________________

My holy grails:

Sun Country 727-200 late 1990's colors
Alrosa Tu-154 latest colors / Tu-134 old colors
Yamal & Interjet SSJ-100
Kenya Airways 737-800 New colors

Flown on: A300/310/319/320/321/332/333/343/380 AN24/28/38/148 ATR72 B190
B717/722/732/3/4/5/7/8/9 B742/744/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/788/789
CR2/7/9 D8S D93/4/5 DHC2/3T/7/8-200 Do228/328J E110/120/135/140/145/170/175/190
F50/100 JS31 L10/15 L410 MD11/80/90 RJ85 S340 SSJ100 Tu134/154 Yak42
dennypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
Senior Collector
 
Lightsnack87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: DURHAM
Posts: 204
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Good thread, and great list Denny!

Might I add this one, a 757-2, done by America West and made available in 1/400 by Gemini Jets,https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/9909.
__________________
My Model Review Site----->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


-Eric
Lightsnack87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
Master Collector
 
dennypayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 791
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsnack87 View Post
Good thread, and great list Denny!
Thanks, I figured there was at least one that I was forgetting

Also, I should note for Garry that the 748 has also been made in 1:400, although without the "In It to Win It" titles (I don't think it always sported those): https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/68383
__________________

My holy grails:

Sun Country 727-200 late 1990's colors
Alrosa Tu-154 latest colors / Tu-134 old colors
Yamal & Interjet SSJ-100
Kenya Airways 737-800 New colors

Flown on: A300/310/319/320/321/332/333/343/380 AN24/28/38/148 ATR72 B190
B717/722/732/3/4/5/7/8/9 B742/744/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/788/789
CR2/7/9 D8S D93/4/5 DHC2/3T/7/8-200 Do228/328J E110/120/135/140/145/170/175/190
F50/100 JS31 L10/15 L410 MD11/80/90 RJ85 S340 SSJ100 Tu134/154 Yak42
dennypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #5
Senior Collector
 
aznichiro115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: bellevue
Age: 29
Posts: 322
Send a message via AIM to aznichiro115
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry77 View Post
Being a SanFrancisco 49ers supporter from the UK,i am actually troubled in my loyalty as of my prediction as of a few days ago in another thread!

I am also very glad that the KC Kansas city Chiefs have FINALLY made a SuperBowl and won the AFC championship after 50 years!!!!
2 old AFL teams in the final against each other for the first time! Its going to be a classic as of the 2 classic old teams!

So i am at a croossroads of who i want to win? Part of me actually would like KC to win as its been sooooo long and the Team Coach has been there for 20 yrs and is old and may never get another chance to win the trophy! Jimmy.G at the 49ers have years yet to win more and over take the Steelers and the Patriots and become once again the all-time SuperBowl team! We had a perfect record till old Kapernak or what eve his name was if i recall allowed the Ravens in the 4th quater take the 2012 Superbowl from the 49ers when we would have been at 6-0! Still Perfect but his failure if i recall with turnovers or was it a field kick allowed the Ravens to win as time ran -out! So we are currently 5-1! I suppose the 0 was eventually going to go and the 49ers would loose a superbowl appearance but i am split this time as i do not want 1 to become 2 but the chiefs sort of deserve it after all this time!

It will be a close match and its the 49ers to loose! They must stop the KC Chiefs running game and then the 49ers will win other wise its the Chiefs! It will be close and this now comes to my Question?

I know that Boeing did a B747-8F plane with the Seattle SeaHawks colours as a livery but has there been anyone else? ? I like to see a A220 in 49ers livery!
I am not sure if it was sponsored or to celebrate the Seahawks win a few years back?



http://https://farm4.staticflickr.co...f9a146fc_b.jpg[/IMG]
The whiners were never in the AFL????

Andy Reid has only been with the Chiefs since 2013......
aznichiro115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:12 PM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 75
Wink Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennypayne View Post
Alaska had a 727 with Seahawks livery a while back and Aeroclassics made it in 1:400: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/6382

Braniff had a Dallas Cowboys livery on a 727, also done by AC: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/74435

AirTran had Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, and Indianapolis Colts 717's, only the Falcons one has been made in 1:400: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/22482

JetBlue has 2 NY Jets liveries, both made in 1:400 by AC: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com...0&remarks=jets

TWA had a Rams 727 and 757 (I knew about the 727 intially but wasn't aware of the 757 until I ran this search) - neither made in 1:400 yet. https://www.google.com/search?q=twa+rams+plane

US Airways had 4 A319's with NFL liveries - Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Cardinals and the Eagles ones have also been made in 1:400 by GJ. https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com...&scale=1%3A400

The Patriots now have two of their own 767s, one has been made by GJ: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/75481

And oddly enough, AirAsia X also had an A340 painted in Raiders colors - Phoenix made this one: https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/21662
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

wow you know your stuff! Did not know there had been that many NFL livery planes in the past!

Shame no 49ers,but if they win maybe Delta will do a 49ers livery??

I hate the Patriots ,they stole the AFC championship from KCChiefs 2 years ago and thank god they lost in the play-offs this year! They have always had an easier route to the Superbowl as the AFC has been inferior to the NFC for years,decades even,that's why the good old boring Patriots and Brady always get there as if they were in the NFC,it may have been quite a different story!
Garry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #7
Master Collector
 
dennypayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 791
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry77 View Post
Shame no 49ers,but if they win maybe Delta will do a 49ers livery??
I'd wager United would do it first since SFO is their hub.
__________________

My holy grails:

Sun Country 727-200 late 1990's colors
Alrosa Tu-154 latest colors / Tu-134 old colors
Yamal & Interjet SSJ-100
Kenya Airways 737-800 New colors

Flown on: A300/310/319/320/321/332/333/343/380 AN24/28/38/148 ATR72 B190
B717/722/732/3/4/5/7/8/9 B742/744/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/788/789
CR2/7/9 D8S D93/4/5 DHC2/3T/7/8-200 Do228/328J E110/120/135/140/145/170/175/190
F50/100 JS31 L10/15 L410 MD11/80/90 RJ85 S340 SSJ100 Tu134/154 Yak42
dennypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #8
Complete Wacko!
 
shandaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pompano Beach
Posts: 3,882
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Hopefully they'll fly a Dreamliner to Miami.
shandaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 75
Wink Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennypayne View Post
I'd wager United would do it first since SFO is their hub.
How the hell I forgot about them? You know America has so few airlines now compared to the 1960's to1980's! Western,Eastern,Northwest,US Air,Pan Am,TWA, and many others,all gone and few survivors!

The Arabic airlines have hoovered up I bet some of their old slots for international! Emirates,Qatar,Etihad ,even making BA looking a joke nowadays!

Apparently as of right now the KCChiefs are the odds on favourite and that has surprised me a little but did they play their Superbowl game too early?? Whether there was any injuries that rules a key player out or not I am not sure but the 49ers I think will have the less pressure ahead of the game as of KC expecting,craving a victory! It will be close and even so I want the 49ers to win and will be sad it was a win over the KCChiefs as its been so long for them but ,who knows ,if we loose to them I will not be sad as they are a great classic team and not the bland Patriots who always get there by luck frankly!As said if they had been in the NFC I am sure Brady would not have 6 rings,more like 3!

One thing I have predicted with my friend is when the 49ers come to town they get the looker performing women for sure for the half-time show hey Last time 2012 Beyonce and this time JLO! Poor old Brady got old geezers!

I just hope if JLO is wearing a knock-out outfit ,revealing,its not going to take the 49ers players mind off the game! Whether than get a sneak peak of the show somehow in the locker-room via mobile phones,i am sure they cannot and good job too as will loose?.....: ha ha ha,maybe that is A KCChiefs weapon?

Last edited by Garry77; 01-21-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Garry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:07 PM   #10
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,546
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

....Wow....
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I’m doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #11
Tremendous Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 894
Default Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the two Northwest DC10's done by Aeroclassics, N144JC and N232NW. To be entirely honest, before these releases I didn't know these special markings ever existed on the planes.

But, by context clues, I'm assuming they were for the 1996 season Super Bowl 31, Patriots v Packers. Outstanding work on the models; I was quick to pick up one of each.


Attached Thumbnails
Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??-n144jc.jpg   Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??-n232nw.jpg  
__________________
It’s not 3 roentgen. It’s 15,000.
Transpac787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 75
Question Re: Superbowl ,NFL Liveries ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transpac787 View Post
I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the two Northwest DC10's done by Aeroclassics, N144JC and N232NW. To be entirely honest, before these releases I didn't know these special markings ever existed on the planes.

But, by context clues, I'm assuming they were for the 1996 season Super Bowl 31, Patriots v Packers. Outstanding work on the models; I was quick to pick up one of each.

. Shame its soooooo small? Why Northwest coud not have done something more grande is beyond me?

Nice model thought! Still prefer the livery before that though!
Garry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Latest Threads
- by Nublets
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.