500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:400 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,615
Default 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

They're coming soon, mark my words. L-1011s and I don't mean from Gemini. So taking the short Tristar 500 by the horns what can be made? Here are 34 suggestion pretty much including everything civilian worth making:

https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/m...istar-wishlist

No teaser images this time so people actually read the post!
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Speedbird 9
 
barison82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LONDON
Age: 37
Posts: 1,240
Cool Nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStretton View Post
They're coming soon, mark my words. L-1011s and I don't mean from Gemini. So taking the short Tristar 500 by the horns what can be made? Here are 34 suggestion pretty much including everything civilian worth making:

https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/m...istar-wishlist

No teaser images this time so people actually read the post!

Lol well I just read this now - loving the Dash 500 eye candy! All are excellent, excellent suggestions. I agree that the type has been really poorly served in 1/400, much more than the L-1011-1. It dawned on me, since I learnt that Gemini contracted JC Wings to do their TriStar using the acquired AV400 mould, that JC did the very same 'cut and paste' job that was done years back with the BBX versions, those ones being re-hashed from the original GJ mould. The same slap-dash job. It's amazing that to date, only Dragon Wings ever got it right! Lets hope this changes very soon Exciting stuff.
__________________
"If you're in a hurry, don't worry because I've got a pretty fast act. Before you get a chance to hate me, I'll be gone." - Tommy Cooper


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

barison82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
Speedbird 9
 
barison82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LONDON
Age: 37
Posts: 1,240
Thumbs up Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

Also a quick addendum to your notes regarding British Airways Dash 500 livery variants - I count 4 varieties possible in original 'Negus' colours, in addition to the Landor c/s. I had posted this info elsewhere, but copied a section of it here to highlight the point:



1. L-1011-500 - "British Airways" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (original 1974 c/s - with names) - registrations G-BFCA & G-BFCF only*

(none have been done)

*As far as I know, these two Dash 500s were unique, in that they were delivered with the original "British Airways" titles and carried names from the outset


2. L-1011-500 - "British Airways" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (original 1974 c/s - minus names) - registrations G-BFCB - G-BFCE only*

(none have been done)


* The first 4 Dash 500s, G-BFCB, G-BFCC, G-BFCD & G-BFCE, delivered to BA between April - July 1979, were not named initially & carried full 'British Airways' titles


3. L-1011-500 - "British" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (1980-81 revised title c/s - with names) - registrations G-BFCA - G-BFCF

(none have been done)


4. L-1011-500 - "British Airtours" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (Negus c/s - with name) - registration G-BFCB

(none have been done)





__________________
"If you're in a hurry, don't worry because I've got a pretty fast act. Before you get a chance to hate me, I'll be gone." - Tommy Cooper


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

barison82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 164
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

The Rich International, and I assume the same airframe, the ATA 500's would be interesting examples with their 'extra' doors.

The tiny one below the R on the Rich International image.
Moschops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,594
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

Your suggestions are excellent. If any of the smaller nationals flew only -500s and not larger L-1011's, it might be good to make sure at least one of them is done monthly along with the bigger carriers.

Jim
__________________
The greatest need in 1:400: Reissues of Major Passenger-Carrier 747 Classics: -100/200, -300, and SP, of NG / Aeroclassics / Big Bird Mk. 1 quality. Examples: American; United Blue-Star, Bass; TWA double globe, double stripe; Pan Am delivery; British Airways Negus, Landor; KLM 70's-80's blue top; Air France 70's-80's; Lufthansa 70's-80's; Aer Lingus delivery; Sabena 80's circle-s; Japan Air Lines 70's-80s; All Nippon 70's; and Qantas 70's-80's.
BWI-ROCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 186
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barison82 View Post
Also a quick addendum to your notes regarding British Airways Dash 500 livery variants - I count 4 varieties possible in original 'Negus' colours, in addition to the Landor c/s. I had posted this info elsewhere, but copied a section of it here to highlight the point:



1. L-1011-500 - "British Airways" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (original 1974 c/s - with names) - registrations G-BFCA & G-BFCF only*

(none have been done)

*As far as I know, these two Dash 500s were unique, in that they were delivered with the original "British Airways" titles and carried names from the outset


2. L-1011-500 - "British Airways" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (original 1974 c/s - minus names) - registrations G-BFCB - G-BFCE only*

(none have been done)


* The first 4 Dash 500s, G-BFCB, G-BFCC, G-BFCD & G-BFCE, delivered to BA between April - July 1979, were not named initially & carried full 'British Airways' titles


3. L-1011-500 - "British" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (1980-81 revised title c/s - with names) - registrations G-BFCA - G-BFCF

(none have been done)


4. L-1011-500 - "British Airtours" titles, "TriStar500" on #2 engine intake (Negus c/s - with name) - registration G-BFCB

(none have been done)





+1
Billy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #7
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,693
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

Let's not forget the BA Negus 500 "prototype" example wearing a US (Lockheed) test reg, it became G-BFCA eventually and I mentioned it in the original TriStar thread.

__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !

Last edited by Big Al; 03-15-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
Speedbird 9
 
barison82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LONDON
Age: 37
Posts: 1,240
Thumbs up Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Let's not forget the BA Negus 500 "prototype" example wearing a US (Lockheed) test reg, it became G-BFCA eventually and I mentioned it in the original TriStar thread.


Great suggestion There is actually quite a lot that can be done here. Nice artwork profile pics there too.
__________________
"If you're in a hurry, don't worry because I've got a pretty fast act. Before you get a chance to hate me, I'll be gone." - Tommy Cooper


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

barison82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #9
Senior Collector
 
PRM1162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 180
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

I'd certainly purchase all of the following:

Air Lanka
BWIA (early 90's colours)
Delta
LAM
Rich International
Royal Jordanian
Saudia

Last edited by PRM1162; 03-15-2019 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added a few
PRM1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:52 AM   #10
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,594
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

For the TriStar 500, I'd like some of the more unusual national carriers. The majors typically are covered by the regular-length TriStar

TAP Air Portugal
Sudan
Alia (both the pattern-tail and the red tail)
BWIA (80's livery)

But I'll happily take a "British" Negus -500, too.

Jim
__________________
The greatest need in 1:400: Reissues of Major Passenger-Carrier 747 Classics: -100/200, -300, and SP, of NG / Aeroclassics / Big Bird Mk. 1 quality. Examples: American; United Blue-Star, Bass; TWA double globe, double stripe; Pan Am delivery; British Airways Negus, Landor; KLM 70's-80's blue top; Air France 70's-80's; Lufthansa 70's-80's; Aer Lingus delivery; Sabena 80's circle-s; Japan Air Lines 70's-80s; All Nippon 70's; and Qantas 70's-80's.
BWI-ROCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #11
Senior Collector
 
Ciderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: DUS
Posts: 396
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

LTU in all its glory
__________________
Models I want to see in 1/400:
Boeing 737-200/300 Condor (grey), Boeing 737-500 Air France, Boeing 747-200B SAA (white belly), McDonnell Douglas DC-9-32 Aero Lloyd
Ciderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #12
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

Only one for me that I wish for, is for BA G-BFCD with the 'British' titles which I had the fortune to fly on in Nov 1982 from LHR-CDG.
G-ARPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:46 AM   #13
Smug
 
Mesprit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Las Vegas
Age: 20
Posts: 139
Default Re: 500 Stubbies: A Short Tristar Wishlist

LVS L1011-500 is all I want really.
Mesprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Latest Threads
- by fordxgt
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.