Inflight Air Holland 752 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Like Tree15Likes
  • 8 Post By European Collector
  • 1 Post By flight8841
  • 1 Post By flight8841
  • 1 Post By deephalo
  • 1 Post By Madridista
  • 1 Post By Gold Leader
  • 1 Post By Big Al
  • 1 Post By Madridista
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-21-2021, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,925
Default Inflight Air Holland 752

Will be a hotseller for sure...
Attached Thumbnails
Inflight Air Holland 752-180173_0.jpg  
jcahea, snowghost, Baerke and 5 others like this.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zanzibar
Posts: 193
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

ordered... expensive month...
Meneer Guggenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
AIR FRANCE 340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 49°18'55" N 000°00'19" W
Age: 78
Posts: 5,030
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Well done Aviation Megastore ...

And meanwhile, despite constructive comments, our French champion had problems to commission an accurate B 707, a decent Caravelle and wants to go its own way.

Jean Pierre.
AIR FRANCE 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-21-2021, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
planemark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,086
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

That is a very interesting livery. Nice!
planemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Age: 46
Posts: 279
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by european collector View Post
will be a hotseller for sure...
yes !!!! :d
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 79
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

There is something about this livery that evokes strong late-60s/early-70s aviation era feelings, but with a modern design, and I like it! Will make room in my hangar for this one.
deephalo likes this.
flight8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Baerke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Roermond, Netherlands
Age: 48
Posts: 4,244
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Very nice one indeed!
__________________
KLM fanatic, also Lufthansa, Air France, Delta, Pan Am, Swissair, Sabena etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Baerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Age: 46
Posts: 279
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
There is something about this livery that evokes strong late-60s/early-70s aviation era feelings, but with a modern design, and I like it! Will make room in my hangar for this one.

For me, this evokes nostalgic feelings of the 80s and 90s. I have the B727 Air Holland from Inflight with the nearly similar livery from the 80s. This B757 was in this livery mostly seen in the 90's. I think she served from 1988 until 2003. She was leased many times to other airlines during that time.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 79
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephalo View Post
For me, this evokes nostalgic feelings of the 80s and 90s. I have the B727 Air Holland from Inflight with the nearly similar livery from the 80s. This B757 was in this livery mostly seen in the 90's. I think she served from 1988 until 2003. She was leased many times to other airlines during that time.
You know it's a good livery when it evokes fond memories in many of us! For me, it reminds me of the bold lines and shapes used in graphic design from the 1960s,70s, similar to these SAS timetables (Source: www.timetableimages.com). I have no idea what this form of graphic design is called, but I'll collect anything that has it!


deephalo likes this.
flight8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Age: 46
Posts: 279
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
it reminds me of the bold lines and shapes used in graphic design from the 1960s,70s, similar to these SAS timetables
I fully understand. As for me I was very surprised reading that the Eastern hockey stick livery and the logo that goes with it was introduced already during the early sixties. It was very 'avant-gardist' design for that period. I always make the mistake to link it exclusively to the 70s and the 80s. In my head, it looks too modern...
flight8841 likes this.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,893
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
There is something about this livery that evokes strong late-60s/early-70s aviation era feelings, but with a modern design, and I like it! Will make room in my hangar for this one.
As deephalo already stated, this was a late 1980‘s/ an early 1990‘s bird - which also reminds me of Air Aruba‘s 757 in its two-tone blue livery. Which, on the other hand, is far from being coincidental since both, KLM and Air Holland assisted in the early operations of Air Aruba when it was founded by the Dutch governments.
deephalo likes this.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2021
Gemini200: Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300, LTU-Süd Boeing 757-200, Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235, Spantax DHC-6 Twin Otter 200
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7

Last edited by Madridista; 06-22-2021 at 01:48 AM.
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Founder of B747 Community
 
Gold Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Netherlands
Age: 44
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

around 2001 May of my parents, uncle aunt & I flown with that exact aircraft & livery from Schiphol Amsterdam to Barcelona, Spain we stayed for 9 days and went back, from Barcelona.

on the way back I was able to sit in the jump seat behind the captain and stayed there for like an hour, was an amazing crew and unique ride, all glass cockpit pretty much like the B747-400's were, no Flight Engineer on these critters.
Baerke likes this.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
18 years collecting 1:400
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Age: 50
Posts: 6,384
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

I have the 1:400 of this, by NG. It's a great retro looking livery and as others have said, very 60's looking, even if it isn't actually. I'd like to see their modern livery done too. Phoenix did the 767-300 in 1:400 years ago but I've not seen anything in 1:200 yet. I used to see their 757's operating from Glasgow Airport whilst leased to the short lived Air Scotland in a hybrid livery, early 2000's.
deephalo likes this.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,893
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Leader View Post
around 2001 May of my parents, uncle aunt & I flown with that exact aircraft & livery from Schiphol Amsterdam to Barcelona, Spain we stayed for 9 days and went back, from Barcelona.

on the way back I was able to sit in the jump seat behind the captain and stayed there for like an hour, was an amazing crew and unique ride, all glass cockpit pretty much like the B747-400's were, no Flight Engineer on these critters.
Um... did you say ‘critter’ to the most beautiful narrowbody ever?!

The 757 primary jump seat was located behind the r/h pilot seat, a little more aligned to the center. And of course there was no F/E... we are talking Eighties, mate!
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2021
Gemini200: Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300, LTU-Süd Boeing 757-200, Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235, Spantax DHC-6 Twin Otter 200
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

these classic 752 really getting to me. I pre ordered the eastern 752!
wildpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Umpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary - AB
Posts: 635
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

The pictures of the IF200 American Airlines 757 is already posted on the website! Looks gorgeous
__________________
You're out!
Umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Founder of B747 Community
 
Gold Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Netherlands
Age: 44
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Um... did you say ‘critter’ to the most beautiful narrowbody ever?!

The 757 primary jump seat was located behind the r/h pilot seat, a little more aligned to the center. And of course there was no F/E... we are talking Eighties, mate!
Not all correct to be honest, plenty of aircraft did have FE's onboard from the 1980's to early 2000's.

Also I am from 1976, I grew up in the 1980's, so I am quite up to date what was around and what wasn't
Especially in the 1980's 90% of all aircraft had FE's onboard, left alone the 1990's rofl.
And yes I call them critters I'm a Boeing 747 guy for that part, if it ain't about B747's then SST's are the next thing for me.

We all have our ways of expressing things, and hey no offense of course.

As narrowbody goes Concorde & Tu-144 wins that easily, even being SST's, they too are also a narrowbodies
Easy pickings there for my part hah if being very honest
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 04:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,893
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Leader View Post
Not all correct to be honest, plenty of aircraft did have FE's onboard from the 1980's to early 2000's.

Also I am from 1976, I grew up in the 1980's, so I am quite up to date what was around and what wasn't
Especially in the 1980's 90% of all aircraft had FE's onboard, left alone the 1990's rofl.
And yes I call them critters I'm a Boeing 747 guy for that part, if it ain't about B747's then SST's are the next thing for me.

We all have our ways of expressing things, and hey no offense of course.

As narrowbody goes Concorde & Tu-144 wins that easily, even being SST's, they too are also a narrowbodies
Easy pickings there for my part hah if being very honest
Don’t get your problem here, to be honest, Gold Leader. I just expressed that the 757 did not have F/E on board as most 1980‘s developments of that time didn‘t. Just take a look at the 767 and A310 which were developed at the same time. Three-crew were outdated due to the technical developments of the 1970‘s. Heck, did any of the 1980‘s newly-designed aircraft have a three-crew cockpit with F/E onboard?! At least, I don’t recall...

That’s all... no offense taken - and did not intend to offend you by that simple hint. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Gold Leader likes this.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2021
Gemini200: Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300, LTU-Süd Boeing 757-200, Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235, Spantax DHC-6 Twin Otter 200
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Founder of B747 Community
 
Gold Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Netherlands
Age: 44
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: Inflight Air Holland 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Don’t get your problem here, to be honest, Gold Leader. I just expressed that the 757 did not have F/E on board as most 1980‘s developments of that time didn‘t. Just take a look at the 767 and A310 which were developed at the same time. Three-crew were outdated due to the technical developments of the 1970‘s. Heck, did any of the 1980‘s newly-designed aircraft have a three-crew cockpit with F/E onboard?! At least, I don’t recall...

That’s all... no offense taken - and did not intend to offend you by that simple hint. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
There are no issues, I read people as what I see from my own perspective, sorry iof it waassn't what you had expected, I shall try to explain

As you may not know I have autism & dyslexia, so my replies may read somewhat different than you might expect to how a so called normal person would read, so my bad for that, it is what it is, but that is the reason why you didn't get me, not the first time it happened.

There was no harm done at all though, you would not of known in the end anyway, enjoy that model the light I ahd with that exact aircraft was pretty smooth, on the way back we had some stormy weather performance wasn't too bad really.

I'll DM you how I read it at first though, not going to do that here.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gold Leader; 06-25-2021 at 05:31 PM.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Latest Threads
- by BA2936
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.