DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/index.php)
-   1:200 Scale Model Aircraft (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/)
-   -   Is this a custom made model? (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/324256-custom-made-model.html)

Mesprit 03-24-2021 04:19 PM

Is this a custom made model?
 
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...828/image0.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...564/image0.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...74/unknown.png

It has the Gemini Jets logo under it, no box, but landing gear covers. No stand either. I'm wondering if I should return this or keep it because it seems like a custom model to me given the color. Was sold as G2SWA067. Thoughts?

GlobalReach 03-24-2021 05:09 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Photo is from Gemini's website. Color looks off and it doesn't have the emergency exit arrows on the wings. Certainly looks like it could be a custom.

GR

Tate777lr 03-24-2021 05:10 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Looks like a custom to me. #1 the color is off. #2 the eyebrow windows are shaded in here, unlike the production model. #3 the lines on top of the wings are missing.

But I'm not an expert. Could be pre-production or something.

KLM4me 03-24-2021 05:11 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Do a quick internet search for G2SWA067 and you'll see photos to compare.

Tate777lr 03-24-2021 05:15 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLM4me (Post 2823938)
Do a quick internet search for G2SWA067 and you'll see photos to compare.

If you do a quick search for G2SWA067, you will notice lines on the wings and only outlines of the eyebrows above the cockpit.

Mesprit 03-24-2021 05:35 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tate777lr (Post 2823936)
Looks like a custom to me. #1 the color is off. #2 the eyebrow windows are shaded in here, unlike the production model. #3 the lines on top of the wings are missing.

But I'm not an expert. Could be pre-production or something.

Guess I could put this to rest since Dan confirmed to me that this was indeed a pre-production model of which 3 or so were made. Now isn't that something?

KLM4me 03-24-2021 05:52 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Does that mean you're holding onto it? :)

Mesprit 03-24-2021 05:55 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLM4me (Post 2823960)
Does that mean you're holding onto it? :)

I'll just say my expression went from mild disappointment to instant happiness and I am definitely keeping it now :D

Lufthansaboy 03-25-2021 01:33 AM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesprit (Post 2823962)
I'll just say my expression went from mild disappointment to instant happiness and I am definitely keeping it now :D

Out of curiosity, where did it come from?

Mesprit 03-25-2021 01:39 AM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lufthansaboy (Post 2824012)
Out of curiosity, where did it come from?

Dan, one of the founders of GJ. He told me he oversaw production in China and moved back to the US, so probably got it from one of the factories and then sold it years later. (To me, woo)

Lufthansaboy 03-25-2021 03:09 AM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesprit (Post 2824014)
Dan, one of the founders of GJ. He told me he oversaw production in China and moved back to the US, so probably got it from one of the factories and then sold it years later. (To me, woo)

Quite a rarity then.

MG 727 03-25-2021 11:46 AM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Very cool story. The color is quite off. Too yellow. You can compare to the brown on that Shamu you have in the background.

Mesprit 03-25-2021 01:12 PM

Re: Is this a custom made model?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MG 727 (Post 2824098)
Very cool story. The color is quite off. Too yellow. You can compare to the brown on that Shamu you have in the background.

It looks quite like the retro versions of that livery where WN used a different shade of brown that was a lot more... saturated?

https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/96354_1588018022.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.