Yet another cargolux not without mask - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Like Tree35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Yet another cargolux not without mask

https://cargolux-shop.com/cargolux-a...sk-747-8f.html

Can anyone tell who makes this model? the box is resembling hogan. The wings appear straight which is somewhat unusual for hogan since all their recent 747-8 releases have default curved wings.

I want to get two. Cargolux want 93euro for shipping for the two models ...lol... crazy shipping prices....
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Looks like Hogan to me, too. They produced the Sea Life Trust model for Cargolux. Though it could also be an Aero Le Plane model.
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM4me View Post
Looks like Hogan to me, too. They produced the Sea Life Trust model for Cargolux. Though it could also be an Aero Le Plane model.
Actually, they produced all the plastic 1/200 ones for cargolux that you see on the site there. The only thing strange is that all the other 747-8F plastic ones on there have curved wings. But this one doesnt . so was just wondering....
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Actually, they produced all the plastic 1/200 ones for cargolux that you see on the site there. The only thing strange is that all the other 747-8F plastic ones on there have curved wings. But this one doesnt . so was just wondering....
Perhaps Cargolux ordered it with straight wings. Hogan offered straight wings as a separate part for their 747-8 and 787 models.
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM4me View Post
Perhaps Cargolux ordered it with straight wings. Hogan offered straight wings as a separate part for their 747-8 and 787 models.
You know how i can order straight wings sets for 747-8 now? I can only find the 787 straight wing set nowaday.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

I've no idea. I just remember when the Sunrise livery model was released, an alternate set of wings was available for purchase.
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

yeah, that was a long time ago.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

If anyone else lives in US and wants to order this exclusive hogan cargolux model or any other cargolux models, let me know and we can pool the order. The reason is that the initial shipping cost from cargolux shop is EXTREMELY HIGH at 70-80 euro+ for the first model no matter how big or small and would increase much smaller incrementally after that.

It is very fast 3 days total express shipping though.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 54
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
If anyone else lives in US and wants to order this exclusive hogan cargolux model or any other cargolux models, let me know and we can pool the order. The reason is that the initial shipping cost from cargolux shop is EXTREMELY HIGH at 70-80 euro+ for the first model no matter how big or small and would increase much smaller incrementally after that.

It is very fast 3 days total express shipping though.
Oh my. I had just placed an order for a 1:200 744ERF, to be shipped to the US, and there wasn't a shipping fee attached on the confirmation page/email. I wonder what I am about to be charged
flight8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
Oh my. I had just placed an order for a 1:200 744ERF, to be shipped to the US, and there wasn't a shipping fee attached on the confirmation page/email. I wonder what I am about to be charged
you are not supposed to pay straight up trying to order from cargolux shop to ship to US. What I do is place the order and send them an email with my order number and they send me a paypal invoice with the total cost include the shipping added.

They will send you an email asking you to pay for the shipping. Expect no less than 70euro for the shipping for that one model ;(

I never order just one model from them because you are just wasting money on shipping. I order at least two or more.

Maybe you can ask them to cancel that order and refund and pool your order with mine to decrease the shipping cost? You should think about adding another model or two. Maybe the 1/200 not without mask hogan model or another of the 747-8F?

Last edited by wildpig; 03-11-2021 at 02:17 PM.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 54
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Thank you for the advice! I will reach out to them to cancel the order. I sent you a DM as well, but I am not sure if you received it, as my sent message folder shows "0 messages"
flight8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
I sent you a DM as well, but I am not sure if you received it, as my sent message folder shows "0 messages"
Having PMs saved to your sent folder is an option you must check off in your settings.
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 54
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM4me View Post
Having PMs saved to your sent folder is an option you must check off in your settings.
Thank you! Found the setting and checked/updated it.
flight8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
Thank you for the advice! I will reach out to them to cancel the order. I sent you a DM as well, but I am not sure if you received it, as my sent message folder shows "0 messages"
Reply sent
flight8841 likes this.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Can anyone tell who makes this model?
It is Hogan. I have the cutaway version LX-VCM "City of Redange-sur-Attert".

I was very positively surprised by the high quality of this model. I already had some nice experiences with Hogan,
like the 777F Aerologic and 787 Avianca, but this model is really impressive for its price.
Comes with a wooden display stand by the way.
I'm thinking about maybe ordering the more neutral "City of Luxembourg" as well.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Seven-Eight-Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 303
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
If anyone else lives in US and wants to order this exclusive hogan cargolux model or any other cargolux models, let me know and we can pool the order. The reason is that the initial shipping cost from cargolux shop is EXTREMELY HIGH at 70-80 euro+ for the first model no matter how big or small and would increase much smaller incrementally after that.

It is very fast 3 days total express shipping though.
Hey Wildpig! We spoke of this before... I am interested, so long as shipping isn't too painful. Sending you a PM. Thanks!
Seven-Eight-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephalo View Post
It is Hogan. I have the cutaway version LX-VCM "City of Redange-sur-Attert".

I was very positively surprised by the high quality of this model. I already had some nice experiences with Hogan,
like the 777F Aerologic and 787 Avianca, but this model is really impressive for its price.
Comes with a wooden display stand by the way.
I'm thinking about maybe ordering the more neutral "City of Luxembourg" as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven-Eight-Seven View Post
Hey Wildpig! We spoke of this before... I am interested, so long as shipping isn't too painful. Sending you a PM. Thanks!
I am getting TWO of the without my mask! lol... Looks like we might have 3 other person beside me so far interested? I recommend everyone gets at least 2 models. The more you get the better the economic of the shipping cost from cargolux shop.

Please send me PM about your orders. Hopefully we will be able to close out the final order by the end of next week.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

So far i have a potential of about 4 people beside me interested in the pool. We can get more. The more number, the lower the cost of shipping from cargolux shop.

If you check the price, you will see that a lot of these models are being sold by cargolux at a lower price than what you find on ebay, provided that we get the shipping cost lower by ordering a big batch. Some of these are also exclusively only available from cargolux.
flight8841 likes this.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
So far i have a potential of about 4 people beside me interested in the pool.
Sorry Wildpig, not sure if you are counting me in now...

To be clear, I am interested in ordering another one, but I am from Belgium.
Orders made in Cargolux shop are handled by the logistics company Stuco,
in Speicher, Germany.
Shipping costs from there to my home are less than 10 usd for me.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephalo View Post
Sorry Wildpig, not sure if you are counting me in now...

To be clear, I am interested in ordering another one, but I am from Belgium.
Orders made in Cargolux shop are handled by the logistics company Stuco,
in Speicher, Germany.
Shipping costs from there to my home are less than 10 usd for me.
Would you consider buying and shipping to us with a lower shipping rate than what cargolux is charging us to ship to US and canada?
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Would you consider buying and shipping to us with a lower shipping rate ... ?
I am happy to do so.

I assume then that it is the intention that I ship everything to one destination in the US, and you distribute further?

Depending on the total weight (for less than 2 kg you pay 8.70 EUR / 10.39 USD, for more than 2 kg you pay much more,
namely 32.8 EUR / 29.20 USD) I will decide to split the total package into two or more parcels, so that the total amount of the
shipment always remains as low as possible.

Don't forget that customs formalities may cause additional costs upon receipt.

I will let you decide when the wish list is complete.

@Russell and WildPig Now I'm just thinking out loud, but might it be a good idea to change the title of this thread to
"Group buy Cargolux-shop.com for shipping to US"
or something like that, and making it temporarily sticky? That way we can be sure that everyone who might be interested has
a chance to participate? Of course afterwards, the thread can be closed and the sticky removed... Just an idea.

Cheers, deephalo
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephalo View Post
I am happy to do so.

I assume then that it is the intention that I ship everything to one destination in the US, and you distribute further?

Depending on the total weight (for less than 2 kg you pay 8.70 EUR / 10.39 USD, for more than 2 kg you pay much more,
namely 32.8 EUR / 29.20 USD) I will decide to split the total package into two or more parcels, so that the total amount of the
shipment always remains as low as possible.

Don't forget that customs formalities may cause additional costs upon receipt.

I will let you decide when the wish list is complete.

@Russell and WildPig Now I'm just thinking out loud, but might it be a good idea to change the title of this thread to
"Group buy Cargolux-shop.com for shipping to US"
or something like that, and making it temporarily sticky? That way we can be sure that everyone who might be interested has
a chance to participate? Of course afterwards, the thread can be closed and the sticky removed... Just an idea.

Cheers, deephalo
Thanks so much for considering it. Please also let me know if that rate is for airmail and not seamail. I think most of us would be fine with getting the package within 2 wks instead of 2 day and pay maybe half or less of what cargolux is charging for shipping. This would be esp useful for people that's getting only one or two models.

Would you consider us paying you a little extra fee for your trouble to ship each package directly to each person instead of shipping a big package to US? reason is that once it get to the US, each package would cost around $15+ more to send to each person so the sum might be higher than just direct ship to each person separately from you (direct point to point vs hub and spoke....lol )

Don't worry about custom at all. We in the US are very fortunate not have to pay any custom for anything up to at least $2000 i believe.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Would you consider us paying you a little extra fee for your trouble to ship each package
directly to each person instead of shipping a big package to US?
I understand. In that case shipping fees for each individual destination will normally be
13.05 EUR / 15.60 USD for up to 2 kilograms of airplanes. I found a web page (Belgian
postal services) that enables you to calculate. However, I must warn, as from the moment you start
chosing track and trace they become vampires, and 19,75 EUR / 32.61 USD is added to the
shipping fee ! So it is not as cheap as I first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Don't worry about custom at all. We in the US are very fortunate not have to pay any custom for anything up to at least $2000 i believe.
Wow. Good! The "failed vampire state of Belgium" already starts sucking us as from values of 22 EUR.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephalo View Post
I understand. In that case shipping fees for each individual destination will normally be
13.05 EUR / 15.60 USD for up to 2 kilograms of airplanes. I found a web page (Belgian
postal services) that enables you to calculate. However, I must warn, as from the moment you start
chosing track and trace they become vampires, and 19,75 EUR / 32.61 USD is added to the
shipping fee ! So it is not as cheap as I first thought.



Wow. Good! The "failed vampire state of Belgium" already starts sucking us as from values of 22 EUR.
even 25euro for 2kg with track and trace is a lot more reasonable than what cargolux rate is when you are only getting one or two models. 2kg is probably more than good enough for at least two or 3 of the 1/200 models with box and packing materials.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

the 1/500 herpa ver is available in the US with several sellers now It has also been avail on cargolux shop for weeks now.

but still on preorder on euro sites.

Strange isn't it?
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
the 1/500 herpa ver is available in the US with several sellers now It has also been avail on cargolux shop for weeks now.

but still on preorder on euro sites.

Strange isn't it?
Might that be a licensing issue? I haven’t seen Cargolux’ various 1/200 scale models with Aviation Center Berlin at all, for example.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2021
Gemini200: Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300, LTU-Süd Boeing 757-200, Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Might that be a licensing issue? I haven’t seen Cargolux’ various 1/200 scale models with Aviation Center Berlin at all, for example.
it could be some sort of licensing to allow cargolux to sell many of these models on a more or less exclusive basis. There are a few asian ebay sellers selling hogan models, but it's relatively rare and more expensive than cargolux. But the problem is that cargolux just charges way too much for shipping (even if it's 2-3day express, which most collectors don't care for as long as they get their stuffs within a month for a much cheaper rate).
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
it could be some sort of licensing to allow cargolux to sell many of these models on a more or less exclusive basis. There are a few asian ebay sellers selling hogan models, but it's relatively rare and more expensive than cargolux. But the problem is that cargolux just charges way too much for shipping (even if it's 2-3day express, which most collectors don't care for as long as they get their stuffs within a month for a much cheaper rate).
I definitely share your thoughts on the high international shipping rates charged by the Cargolux' online shop. However, I feel they are just charging what their preferred logistics partner asks them to charge plus a minor handling fee. I recently ordered from them (within Germany (as their logistics and mailing center is located here)), and the shipping charge was some 30% higher than regular 'aviation model shops' but they are shipping thru DPD (not DHL) and by fully trackable and insured packet, so I think this is quite reasonable. I don't think they are forced by any market constraints to ship free of charge from a certain retail value upwards (like Aviation Center Berlin is doing (within Germany), for example), and since most of their products are exclusively sold through their own online store, they are free of competition.

Nonetheless, the shipping charge is extraordinary high for international parcels. Good luck in forming an order cluster - I think this will reduce each and everyone's shipping share tremendously.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2021
Gemini200: Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300, LTU-Süd Boeing 757-200, Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Best friends,

I suggest that everyone who wishes to participate in this group buy let me
know with a personal message. I will keep all the information together.

We just need to decide on a deadline. After all, I do want to order
everything at once. Because of the fact that I will also be ordering a model
for my own, the shipping costs from cargolux-Shop to my home address are
just for me. There is no substantial difference for me if I order two models
or 100 (I did the test).

I suggest, as we approach the deadline, that I list the whole order again, so
that everyone can check if everything is correct.

Once I have received the order, each of you will receive a detailed payment
invitation together with the payment options (Paypal or direct bank transfer).

Does everyone agree to this procedure? In any case, you can send me a PM
to let me know about which items you want to yorder. To make things run
smoothly, you may also give me already now your destination address in this PM.

Cheers, deephalo

Last edited by deephalo; 03-15-2021 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Corrected my horrible English ...
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

I propose a dateline of sun 3/21 11:59 belgium time. SO ya all better get your order in. Already got mine msg in
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Hello everbody,

A small update :

Just up to now, I received "orders" from the folloswing users :
  • deephalo (yes I'm in too)
  • flight8841
  • Kitty Hawk 1903
  • wildpig
  • Seven-Eight-Seven

You will all have the opportunity to confirm your orders definitively by the end of this week. So do not worry, at the moment I regard every PM I received as an intention, and not as a confirmed statement.
In this case, depending on more information regarding the shipping costs, you will also have the opportunity to change your order (add more kilo's of airplanes if you want... ).

Several members have already asked me about shipping costs. I must admit that I also read strange things on the website of bPOST (Belgian Post). One thing is for sure, they are cheaper than DHL, UPS, ... But their website lists prices of about 13.05 EUR for packages to the USA up to 1Kg (this is the so-called "economy" option without insurance or tracking, and only possible when you do everything at the post office) but from the moment you want to create a shipping label online you immediately end up in a price category of 32.80 EUR.

So it is a bit strange that when you have everything done by a postal worker at the post office itself, you pay at least 13 EUR, and when you do everything yourself, the minimum price is almost 3 times more. Anyway, I have printed out the bPOST web pages and armed myself with these I will go to the post office tomorrow evening to ask for more information. I think this is the only way I can give everyone reliable information, which you all deserve.

So the intention is that tomorrow evening you will be able to read an update on this in this thread. In the best case, you will also be able to choose for yourselves which options you take as far as the shipping is concerned.

If you have any questions or comments that are not personal, do not hesitate to just throw them in the thread here, so that everyone can benefit from "question and answer".

Cheers, deephalo
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Thanks so much for going through all the trouble to help us out .

I have a feeling that the cheapest 13euro option is likely some crazy stuffs like seamail (months ETA without tracking) which i think just about every collector here would stay away. I actually prefer UPS and DHL expedite (which is one step below express) if possible (eta around 1-2wk to US). The next stepdown is Bgpost which does take the package through USPS. which nowaday is the HUGE bottleneck and could take up to 1month, hopefully no later.

I just bought about 1kg worth of about 6 1/500 models and wingsmo and aviationmegastore charged 35euro for ups express and expedite, respectively and is completely kept out of USPS hand. I won't mind paying 50euro or so for the privilege of denying USPS from handling my package if possible.

It's best to keep international packages out of USPS nowaday...lol...It only take a few days for bppost to deliver the package to US but it would take US custom and USPS at least 2 wks to deliver it. That is the problem! ;(

Last edited by wildpig; 03-17-2021 at 02:33 PM.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Best friends,

I was kindly helped in my local post office and as I suspected, the EUR 32,80 choice appears to be the best one. It was confirmed to me that this option allows a parcell to weigh up to 5Kg (!). This option also includes tracking, so you will be able to follow your parcell.

So this is the option I offer, and the only one by the way. Do not compare this price with what you pay when you buy in European shops. They have special business-to-business arrangements with the carriers they are used to work with. Shipping by UPS and DHL to the USA is more expensive for private persons than buying directly from Cargolux-Shop. The fact that I can now say how much the shipping costs are also gives you the opportunity to calculate exactly what this purchase will cost each of you. Once again, I will cover the shipping costs from Cargolux-Shop to my home. So all you have to do is add up the price of each model ordered and add the shipping costs of EUR 32,80.

As mentioned by WildPig, I will wait until Sunday evening Belgian time for you to confirm your order. So please take your time for any updates on your orders. 32 EUR for shipping costs is not a small amount, but don't forget that you can order several planes to make the shipping costs a bit more decent compared to the actual order. So make sure you take advantage of this opportunity. The 1/200 models are really beautiful for their price, and they come with the classic "Hogan stand" which means a wooden base and a metal arm.

Confirm your order explicitly via PM. Mention your full address (not only city but also the state) and also phone number and email address. These are required fields for the online label printing tool. After confirmation, you will receive my personal address, my phone number, my eMail (for those who want to pay using Paypall) and my IBAN (for those who want to pay using direct bank transfer).

All shipments will be protected with bubble wrap and each of you will receive a copy of the shipping label and the individual tracking code.

Cheers, deephalo
flight8841 likes this.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Thanks for your help! PM sent.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 53
Posts: 5,698
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Thank you for the update. Again, VERY kind of you to offer us this favor. I will advise by Sunday evening Belgian time, what my status is.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

so everyone got their orders in yet? lol... i can't wait to get mine! I got the masked gemini 1/400 interactive one and it's a nice one. Would be great to have a 1/200 one. Esp a hogan with straight wings!!!
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Seven-Eight-Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 303
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Deephalo, thanks again for the opportunity!! I sent in my PM. I came to work on Saturday to find the masked livery at the ramp, so added that one as my 3rd pick.
Yet another cargolux not without mask-20210320_130305.jpg
wildpig likes this.
Seven-Eight-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven-Eight-Seven View Post
Deephalo, thanks again for the opportunity!! I sent in my PM. I came to work on Saturday to find the masked livery at the ramp, so added that one as my 3rd pick.
Everyone should have one of these on their desk!
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

All of you have received ordering instructions at the email address given in the personal messages.

In total, 21 models were ordered by 4 different people.

I will post general information about events following this order in this forum thread. Personal info of course in PM.

Cheers, deephalo
flight8841 likes this.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Paid. Thanks

only 21 for 4 people? lol. excluding you? I was expecting more...lol

How many masked ones? or the 50th anni or the retro -400F? I am guessing a few of the save the whale ones?
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

6 facemask
2 cutaway
2 beluga
1 "car50lux"
3 neutral LX-VCD
3 neutral LX-VCL
2 neutral LX-VCN
2 retro 747-400

4 persons in total, including me
Cheers :-)
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:22 AM   #42 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

that's an interesting breakdown. I am guessing at least one person ordered all 6 1/200.. and at least 1 person didn't get the masked one.

Also just noticed that the 1/500 car50lux is more expensive than the 1/200.... very interesting.

Last edited by wildpig; 03-22-2021 at 10:27 AM.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Small update : the airplanes have been ordered @ Cargolux shop.

Cheers, deephalo
Seven-Eight-Seven likes this.
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:45 AM   #44 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Great! Please post the several pics of the masked one when you get it. thanks.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:45 AM   #45 (permalink)
Collecting everthing VH
 
Aussiejets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 33.9399S,151.1753E
Age: 56
Posts: 3,886
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

As JCW has already released a interactive Car50lux in 1:400, A Interactive 747-8F makes sense to me too in 1:200 scale. Following after the success of the beautiful GJ 1:200 747-400F Kalitta. Patience truly is a virtue. Interactive or not, I am collecting as many anniversary editions as I can, my next 747-8F will be diecast and will have these very special 50th anniversary titles. I have to pass on plastic. It is nice to see you guys working together. Post like this to help each other out on freight / postage is great to see. Well done collectors.


Seven-Eight-Seven likes this.

Last edited by Aussiejets; 03-23-2021 at 07:05 AM.
Aussiejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:42 AM   #46 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiejets View Post
As JCW has already released a interactive Car50lux in 1:400, A Interactive 747-8F makes sense to me too in 1:200 scale. Following after the success of the beautiful GJ 1:200 747-400F Kalitta. Patience truly is a virtue. Interactive or not, I am collecting as many anniversary editions as I can, my next 747-8F will be diecast and will have these very special 50th anniversary titles. I have to pass on plastic. It is nice to see you guys working together. Post like this to help each other out on freight / postage is great to see. Well done collectors.
Speak for yourself...I am getting ALL the masked cargolux 747-8F in both plastic and metal and in every scale! Already got the 1/400 sitting in my closet!
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

By the way, did anybody find out or had info on which manufacturer produces the 1/200 scale models for Cargolux? Those are having quite nice (but uncommon for 1/200 plastic) model stands, and I assume it’s either Hogan or Skymarks. The retail price of between €39 and €46 (depends on individual model) isn’t much of help in trying to guess the manufacturer; seems to be too low for Hogan (or even Limox) and even for Skymarks.

I am interested in any response and information. Have ordered the Car50lux 747-8F and am excitedly waiting for the actual model.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2021
Gemini200: Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300, LTU-Süd Boeing 757-200, Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Collector
 
deephalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kampenhout
Posts: 107
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Hogan makes them for Cargolux. They are sold purely as promotional items and therefore available at very interesting prices.

Here is an unboxing : https://youtu.be/0Vj_8IdKJs0
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

Yep I got all the 1/200 cargolux except the masked one on cargolux site and they are all made by hogan. Very good quality for plastic models.

Only herpa makes better plastic ones. But the herpa ones have fixed landing gears while the hogan are removable.

So are the orders here yet? when will they get to you according to the tracking number? .. cant wait....
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 54
Default Re: Yet another cargolux not without mask

I'm not completely sure, but I have a slight feeling that wildpig may possibly be excited to get these models. Don't know, it's just a hunch
flight8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.