Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By saif380
  • 1 Post By 1:200FreakReturns
  • 1 Post By Habu968
  • 1 Post By KLM4me
  • 2 Post By saif380
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Collector
 
saif380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mumbai / New Delhi
Posts: 67
Default Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Hi everyone! I shot another video for my YouTube, this time it's the two Lufthansa heavies.

The rare Gemini200 Lufthansa A380 / D-AIMJ and;
the newly released JFox/Inflight200 Lufthansa 747-400 / D-ABVZ

As with the recent Inflight200 releases, this 747-400 has some small flaws in the passenger window placement, the cockpit window placement and the grey cheatlines which I have pointed out and discussed in the video. Do check it out and subscribe to my channel. Thanks.

Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.

KLM4me, billville and Xandrios like this.
saif380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 168
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Great stuff.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well made.
Thanks
Kalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
YULsee26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Montreal, YUL
Posts: 323
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Gorgeous models!

Where did you find the A380? Perhaps someone had bother version of the Gemini200 A380’s and gave you the wrong box?
__________________
Head in the clouds - feet on the ground
YULsee26 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-20-2021, 02:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 168
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by YULsee26 View Post
Gorgeous models!

Where did you find the A380? Perhaps someone had bother version of the Gemini200 A380’s and gave you the wrong box?
The Box is an error by Gemini. Or they decided to put another registration on the actual model at a stage when the boxes have already been printed with the originally intended reg.
So there is only one LH A380 (with the older livery) by Gemini christened Brussels (and not München as suggested by the box).
However Gemini has also released a LH A380 sporting the newer livery fairly recently. And this model indeed is christened München (albeit in the new LH colors).
Kalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Acolyte of Aeolus
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KLAX
Age: 65
Posts: 1,564
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalibu View Post
The Box is an error by Gemini. Or they decided to put another registration on the actual model at a stage when the boxes have already been printed with the originally intended reg.
So there is only one LH A380 (with the older livery) by Gemini christened Brussels (and not München as suggested by the box).
However Gemini has also released a LH A380 sporting the newer livery fairly recently. And this model indeed is christened München (albeit in the new LH colors).
Yes and there is a 1:200 Phoenix model of München in the penultimate livery as well. Gemini made a 1:400 of MB that is also very nice.
__________________
Flown on: DC-4, DC-6, DC-7C, DC-8 (-10, -30, -40, -50, -63, -70), DC-9 (-15, -30) MD80, MD88, DC-10-10, DC-10-30, B707 (-300, -400) B720, B721, B722, B731, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B741, B742, B744, B752, B753, B762, B763, B772, Viscount, Vanguard, BAC 1-11, Convair 340, 440, 580, 990, FH227, Fokker 100, Fokker 28, Electra, L1049G, L1011, BAe 146, Caravelle, Airbus: 319, 320, 321, 300, 340-600. 380-800, EMB 110, HP Jetstream.

"Could he've been pushed Doctor Winkel?" "Ving-kel."

Last edited by snowghost; 01-20-2021 at 04:14 PM.
snowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
YULsee26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Montreal, YUL
Posts: 323
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalibu View Post
The Box is an error by Gemini. Or they decided to put another registration on the actual model at a stage when the boxes have already been printed with the originally intended reg.
So there is only one LH A380 (with the older livery) by Gemini christened Brussels (and not München as suggested by the box).
However Gemini has also released a LH A380 sporting the newer livery fairly recently. And this model indeed is christened München (albeit in the new LH colors).
Ah yes - you're correct. The 2nd release was the new colors. Weird!
__________________
Head in the clouds - feet on the ground
YULsee26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Baerke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Roermond, Netherlands
Age: 47
Posts: 4,148
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Very nice video, thx!
__________________
KLM fanatic, also Lufthansa, Air France, Delta, Pan Am, Swissair, Sabena etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Baerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Acolyte of Aeolus
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KLAX
Age: 65
Posts: 1,564
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Great video. Thanks for posting.

As an aside, my Gemini D-AIMJ Brüssel does have the lufthansa.com on the fuselage. I wonder which one is rarer.
__________________
Flown on: DC-4, DC-6, DC-7C, DC-8 (-10, -30, -40, -50, -63, -70), DC-9 (-15, -30) MD80, MD88, DC-10-10, DC-10-30, B707 (-300, -400) B720, B721, B722, B731, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B741, B742, B744, B752, B753, B762, B763, B772, Viscount, Vanguard, BAC 1-11, Convair 340, 440, 580, 990, FH227, Fokker 100, Fokker 28, Electra, L1049G, L1011, BAe 146, Caravelle, Airbus: 319, 320, 321, 300, 340-600. 380-800, EMB 110, HP Jetstream.

"Could he've been pushed Doctor Winkel?" "Ving-kel."
snowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 20
Default

Fantastic videos and absolutely amazing that you also flew the very same registrations

I flew D-ABVZ myself years ago and have the Herpa 1:200 scale model with the name of the aircraft "Neidersachsen" that was on the original aircraft at the time, which might have been removed when you flew it. Sorry not sure how to link a pic here

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Luft...vzxqg9YLJFhpqu
KLM4me likes this.
1:200FreakReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Collector
 
saif380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mumbai / New Delhi
Posts: 67
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalibu View Post
Great stuff.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well made.
Thanks
Thank you for watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YULsee26 View Post
Gorgeous models!

Where did you find the A380? Perhaps someone had bother version of the Gemini200 A380’s and gave you the wrong box?
I found it at ARD, in London, UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerke View Post
Very nice video, thx!
Thank you for watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Great video. Thanks for posting.

As an aside, my Gemini D-AIMJ Brüssel does have the lufthansa.com on the fuselage. I wonder which one is rarer.
Yes. The model originally comes with lufthansa.com but I removed it to make it match it's current livery scheme.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:200FreakReturns View Post
Fantastic videos and absolutely amazing that you also flew the very same registrations

I flew D-ABVZ myself years ago and have the Herpa 1:200 scale model with the name of the aircraft "Neidersachsen" that was on the original aircraft at the time, which might have been removed when you flew it. Sorry not sure how to link a pic here

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Luft...vzxqg9YLJFhpqu
Interesting. I wonder why the aircraft name was removed? Thanks for the info.
I flew on this bird in Oct 2014.
saif380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 168
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by saif380 View Post
Yes. The model originally comes with lufthansa.com but I removed it to make it match it's current livery scheme.
How did you remove it, if I may ask?
Kalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Southeast U.S.
Posts: 705
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Great photos and stellar models. But be careful mentioning any flaws, it upsets people on the board.....lol

We are not allowed to do that or risk being banned from the hobby
Kalibu likes this.
Habu968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Acolyte of Aeolus
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KLAX
Age: 65
Posts: 1,564
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Niedersachsen is the name of a Boeing 747-830 now. They move the names as newer ones come to the fleet.
__________________
Flown on: DC-4, DC-6, DC-7C, DC-8 (-10, -30, -40, -50, -63, -70), DC-9 (-15, -30) MD80, MD88, DC-10-10, DC-10-30, B707 (-300, -400) B720, B721, B722, B731, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B741, B742, B744, B752, B753, B762, B763, B772, Viscount, Vanguard, BAC 1-11, Convair 340, 440, 580, 990, FH227, Fokker 100, Fokker 28, Electra, L1049G, L1011, BAe 146, Caravelle, Airbus: 319, 320, 321, 300, 340-600. 380-800, EMB 110, HP Jetstream.

"Could he've been pushed Doctor Winkel?" "Ving-kel."
snowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Collector
 
saif380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mumbai / New Delhi
Posts: 67
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalibu View Post
How did you remove it, if I may ask?
Fairly simple, just some painter’s tape to isolate the area, Q-tips dipped in a little bit of acetone/nail polish remover, rub rub rub and you’re done. I could share some pictures if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu968 View Post
Great photos and stellar models. But be careful mentioning any flaws, it upsets people on the board.....lol

We are not allowed to do that or risk being banned from the hobby
Haha I was being very fair, not bashing the model, merely stating what was there. Moreover I absolutely adore the models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Niedersachsen is the name of a Boeing 747-830 now. They move the names as newer ones come to the fleet.
Ah! Thank you for the info.
saif380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saif380 View Post

Fairly simple, just some painter’s tape to isolate the area, Q-tips dipped in a little bit of acetone/nail polish remover, rub rub rub and you’re done. I could share some pictures if you like.
.
Why would you do that? I know it is your model but it's not like painting the engines like on Skymarks to make it look better. Okay I recall you wanting to make the model like the exact one you flew on.
1:200FreakReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,343
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by saif380 View Post
Fairly simple, just some painter’s tape to isolate the area, Q-tips dipped in a little bit of acetone/nail polish remover, rub rub rub and you’re done. I could share some pictures if you like.
Non-acetone nail polish remover works, too. I used it on a diecast model car that I wanted to convert a 1961 Thunderbird Indy 500 Pace Car convertible to a regular convertible.
snowghost likes this.
KLM4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Collector
 
saif380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mumbai / New Delhi
Posts: 67
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:200FreakReturns View Post
Why would you do that? I know it is your model but it's not like painting the engines like on Skymarks to make it look better. Okay I recall you wanting to make the model like the exact one you flew on.
That's right. My collection criteria is aircrafts I've flown, and when I flew this aircraft the lufthansa.com titles were removed. And since it was an easy job, I decided to do it.
snowghost and KLM4me like this.
saif380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
airlineguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,062
Default Re: Lufthansa B747 & A380 / JFox & Gemini200

Great video!

Thanks for talking the time to do so and to share it with everyone.

airlineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Collector
 
saif380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mumbai / New Delhi
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlineguy View Post
Great video!

Thanks for talking the time to do so and to share it with everyone.

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Thank you for watching. Appreciate it 🙂
saif380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Latest Threads
- by Carlo4
- by Phil12
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.