New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!! - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By robertjon5
  • 2 Post By robertjon5
  • 2 Post By Aviaction
  • 1 Post By funky monkey in chunky town
  • 2 Post By Grizz
  • 1 Post By DIVORCED 1
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,340
Default New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Get your orders in! on the new inflight mould.


ARD 1:200 Model Releases November-2020

ARDBA7501 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 757-236 British Airways Landor G-BIKD (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£109.95
ARDBA11 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 767-336ER British Airways Landor G-BNWV (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£119.95
ARDBA12 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 767-2B7ER British Airways Landor N655US (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£119.95
ARD762BT01 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 767-204ER Britannia G-BRIF (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£109.95
More info
KLM4me, Baerke and Surinam Air 747 like this.
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
1/200 collector
 
ukjohna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,685
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Good to see a Landor 763 to go with the recent JCW Union Flag release. Interesting choice of the earlier engines on the 757 unlike the Gemini version. Pre-orders are in!
ukjohna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,340
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

all we need now john is a LANDOR 772!! sadly won't be getting any of these.
johnhung and KLM4me like this.
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,370
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
all we need now john is a LANDOR 772!! sadly won't be getting any of these.
Agree. Long overdue. I am though curious how the above models will turn out.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,664
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

I need all four of these BA Landor models in my collection asap and i agree we also need to see the BA Landor 777-200 very soon..
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,176
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Wow! They went all out with the release of these! As Robertjon stated, the B772 is still needed and I'm perplexed why it hasn't been released.
KLM4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
aka Goonybird
 
Aviaction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Planet Gong
Posts: 2,127
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

£459.80 for the four pieces
__________________
79x 1/200 Concordes plus 3x JCW/Gemini - and the fleet keeps growing. 5x 1/200 Concordskis - 24x 1/400 Concordes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aviaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,340
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviaction View Post
£459.80 for the four pieces
well Steffi, you can thank a huge increase in freight charges for those prices!!! EVERYTHING has gone up. would have been a lot WORSE if the pound had not risen over last 2 weeks against the dollar. was down at 1.15, now its 1.30. and you get 10% off if club member. so £413.82.
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
aka Goonybird
 
Aviaction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Planet Gong
Posts: 2,127
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
well Steffi, you can thank a huge increase in freight charges for those prices!!! EVERYTHING has gone up. would have been a lot WORSE if the pound had not risen over last 2 weeks against the dollar. was down at 1.15, now its 1.30. and you get 10% off if club member. so £413.82.

But do not think this is all getting a bit silly now. with Ebay sellers asking £200/£300/£400 for items.
Depending on model £25 was good original release GJ200 Airbus', £50 was ok. £75 thats getting to be something a bit more special, £100 and more? for twin engined spam cans. Really.
Can't afford this game anymore, I can't be alone. This is rapidly becoming an Elitist hobby for High Earners. Says an old git nearing end of life.
jcahea and bokkebaz like this.
__________________
79x 1/200 Concordes plus 3x JCW/Gemini - and the fleet keeps growing. 5x 1/200 Concordskis - 24x 1/400 Concordes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aviaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
CdnAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 298
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

I ordered the Britannia, nice livery.
__________________
My collection:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CdnAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
funky monkey in chunky town's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Wellingborough
Age: 41
Posts: 197
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviaction View Post
But do not think this is all getting a bit silly now. with Ebay sellers asking £200/£300/£400 for items.
Depending on model £25 was good original release GJ200 Airbus', £50 was ok. £75 thats getting to be something a bit more special, £100 and more? for twin engined spam cans. Really.
Can't afford this game anymore, I can't be alone. This is rapidly becoming an Elitist hobby for High Earners. Says an old git nearing end of life.
Totally agree, there are a few models that have been released I would add to my collection but I can’t justify the prices.
jcahea likes this.
funky monkey in chunky town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
40 Years of Collecting
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Posts: 1,535
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Great releases... but GBP100+ for a 757 or 767... come on!!! And that British Airways 767-200 should not be more expensive than the Britannia 767-200!

GBP 109.95 = EUR 121.20 = USD 142.90 !!!
GBP 119.95 = EUR 132.30 = USD 155.90 !!!

That's more than just a statement. But not really in a positive way...
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2020
Gemini200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs. with 'Condor' titles)
Inflight200: Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s), Hapag-Lloyd A310-200/-300
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235
HerpaWings: Spantax Dash 7
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
FlyingDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
Get your orders in! on the new inflight mould.


ARD 1:200 Model Releases November-2020

ARDBA7501 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 757-236 British Airways Landor G-BIKD (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£109.95
ARDBA11 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 767-336ER British Airways Landor G-BNWV (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£119.95
ARDBA12 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 767-2B7ER British Airways Landor N655US (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£119.95
ARD762BT01 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 767-204ER Britannia G-BRIF (with stand) | is due: November 2020
£109.95
More info

Is this a special run for ARD?
FlyingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,340
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

JETSTREAMS should get these. as they part own inflight like ARD. Have seen some previous ARD models on other sites. but under inflight instead. so keep 'em peeled!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: london
Posts: 677
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Aye it's becoming to rich for me these days. Funnily enough though, these are the last ones I really need to complete my BA 1/200 collection, so have pre-ordered, will do an overtime shift and that should be me done.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 6,156
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Aye it's becoming to rich for me these days. Funnily enough though, these are the last ones I really need to complete my BA 1/200 collection, so have pre-ordered, will do an overtime shift and that should be me done.
Just curious, are you talking about a full BA mainline fleet collection or also regionals, franchise operators etc as well ?
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: london
Posts: 677
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Just curious, are you talking about a full BA mainline fleet collection or also regionals, franchise operators etc as well ?
Nah, just the mainline BA stuff. I picked up some subsidiary stuff like CityFlyer and BA Express, but I'm not overly concerned by them. My main focus is on the Landor and Chatham stuff and a few Negus and BOAC bits and bobs fill a couple of gaps in the cabinet. Only allowed one big cabinet, so even passed up the 787-10 as there's no room for it. I'll display the 757 and the 762, as I've got the Chatham 763 on display. I'll save the Landor 763 for when I rotate the cabinet some day. Maybe it's because I've gotten older (40s now) that I've realised collecting every model is not the be all and end all. I've sold 50% of my collection off, as I can't display it, and become a lot more realistic. I get the cost of making and shipping them is reflected in modern day prices, but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. Just stick to what I've got and enjoy it.
jcahea and Big Al like this.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
FlyingDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
Have seen some previous ARD models on other sites. but under inflight instead.
Same with aviationmegastore...
FlyingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 460
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Nah, just the mainline BA stuff. I picked up some subsidiary stuff like CityFlyer and BA Express, but I'm not overly concerned by them. My main focus is on the Landor and Chatham stuff and a few Negus and BOAC bits and bobs fill a couple of gaps in the cabinet. Only allowed one big cabinet, so even passed up the 787-10 as there's no room for it. I'll display the 757 and the 762, as I've got the Chatham 763 on display. I'll save the Landor 763 for when I rotate the cabinet some day. Maybe it's because I've gotten older (40s now) that I've realised collecting every model is not the be all and end all. I've sold 50% of my collection off, as I can't display it, and become a lot more realistic. I get the cost of making and shipping them is reflected in modern day prices, but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. Just stick to what I've got and enjoy it.
I was talking to Paul, owner of ARD,at the Manchester Show last year and he was saying that he was buying more and more collections now. Its seems that people are beginning to find this hobby getting too expensive now.
jcahea likes this.
DIVORCED 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: london
Posts: 677
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVORCED 1 View Post
I was talking to Paul, owner of ARD,at the Manchester Show last year and he was saying that he was buying more and more collections now. Its seems that people are beginning to find this hobby getting too expensive now.
It might be a generational thing. 25 years ago modern diecast plane collecting was relatively new and cheap, started off with Corgi WW2 stuff and literally bought everything. Then as you get older, job helps pay for it, house helps display it all, but there comes a limit. I got married, wanted to travel more, priorities change. I keep what I really like and have sold the rest on ebay. I dunno if there's the youngsters coming into the hobby to sustain it, but got no idea how they'll afford it. I earn a decent living, but increasingly baulking at the prices.

Saying that, these 3 models should be beauties, so glad to buy them.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
BY738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 44
Posts: 492
Default

im aaaall over that ‘tannia six. Hope the stripes are accurate with subtle yellow/red fine stripe and white logos not see through over navy. First widebody i ever went on GLA-IBZ in the 80’s with the air tube earphone entertainment
BY738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

I'm all in for that BA 767-200. Flew those to UK from Charlotte in the 90's!
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
BY738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 44
Posts: 492
Default

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFAPixih...d=fst838ojcmn6

Aargh the tail stripes are squint and not parallel to the body stripes. Doesnt look to bad side on though. Wish it didnt have the more recent web address titles at rear. Whats with the almost white wheels?
BY738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,963
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Hopefully IF200 will do a 762 United "battleship"! Wallet is safe on this batch as others have mentioned above about scaling back!

Last edited by jcahea; 09-12-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added last sentence!
jcahea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Collector of Queens
 
Kelso49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 234 Bath Road
Posts: 675
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

EZ Toys has posted these for pre order.

https://www.eztoys.com/airliners.htm...rer=42&scale=3
__________________
Looking to buy
Cal Air International DC-10 SWD10CAL
Small World United Airlines DC-10-30 SWD10UTDS

Someone please make in diecast
Family Airlines 747
Kelso49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
Delta Air Lines
 
Delta 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 58
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

JC Wings version:





Waiting for Inflight version for comparison
Delta 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
AIR FRANCE 340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 49°18'55" N 000°00'19" W
Age: 77
Posts: 4,846
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Very nice livery and very nice model.

I also remember that the uniform of the stewardesses was very chic.

Jean Pierre.
AIR FRANCE 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Wardair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 418
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta 747 View Post
JC Wings version:





Waiting for Inflight version for comparison
What is the sense in both JC & Inflight producing the same model and the same reg so closely together, Surely one could have done the 767-300 version or at least a different reg.
__________________
Wardair Canada probably the best airline ther ever was.
Wardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,370
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardair View Post
What is the sense in both JC & Inflight producing the same model and the same reg so closely together, Surely one could have done the 767-300 version or at least a different reg.
In case you did not notice yet: Inflight does the Airbus 330/340s, 787s and 777s which GJ/JCW does - or vice versa. Unfortunately this ends at the 727/737.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Wardair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 418
Default Re: New ARD LANDORS 757 + 767!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
In case you did not notice yet: Inflight does the Airbus 330/340s, 787s and 777s which GJ/JCW does - or vice versa. Unfortunately this ends at the 727/737.
Sorry I don't understand the point you are making, what has that got to do with a Britannia Airways 767 with the same reg?
__________________
Wardair Canada probably the best airline ther ever was.
Wardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Latest Threads
- by Three50
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.