DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/index.php)
-   1:200 Scale Model Aircraft (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/)
-   -   Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200) (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/312014-photos-1-200-arrivals-inflight-ng-gj200.html)

Jan Jasinski 10-08-2019 03:16 PM

Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
I've been keeping collecting at quite a low lately, however I still make the occasional purchase of meaningful models to me. Enjoy the images of some of my arrivals over the past few months.

#1 Gemini200 British 747-400 "Landor". Overall seems to be better than the Inflight version, however in dark conditions the grey seems slightly dark. Also, has anyone noticed GJ stopped adding jewel lighting on the landing lights? Kind of a low move considering these 747's are coming out at over $200.00.

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6c&oe=5E3181DC
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...45&oe=5DF0574E
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d1&oe=5E2F9DCF
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1e&oe=5E21EF43
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...58&oe=5E2014DF

#2 Inflight200 Orbital L-1011. This was the first L-1011 I had ever seen in person, which began my fascination for the legendary aircraft. I feel quite fortunate to have received a flawless copy of it given the production issues of this release.

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a2&oe=5E2296FC
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...02&oe=5E390E48
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...9f&oe=5E2904E3
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7a&oe=5E26F520
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...df&oe=5E2CFCFB
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d5&oe=5E1BEC41
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f6&oe=5E1C23B6

#3 Inflight200 NASA DC-8. I normally avoid Inflight's releases that have the "wing box gap", however having toured this actual airframe, I made the exception to add this unique bird to my collection. Overall a decent model, though missing a lot of the antennas and other small details.

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...e4&oe=5E27DE8A
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...2f&oe=5E2742BD
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...2c&oe=5E35B454
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a2&oe=5E223C3F
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b6&oe=5E24E53C
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...29&oe=5E31551E

#4 NG Model Delta & US Airways CRJ-200's. These were offered for a pretty low price, so I snatched them up. NG's CRJ's are very well made, though lacking some detail such as the rudder fin and APU antenna.

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...fa&oe=5E2FE034

Jan Jasinski 10-08-2019 03:20 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
#5 Gemini200 KLM 747-400 "flaps down". Overall a nice model, though as with the Landor, the lack of details such as landing light jewels is quite a shame. The model came with 2 nose gear's, unfortunately both were in the extended strut position. Despite that, I find the 747 series slant too much upwards when displayed on the ground (even with the compressed strut). It would be wonderful if GJ could improve the quality/detail of the gears and incorporate the tilt such as that of Herpa Premium models. After all, the Premium models cost just about the same as these diecast!

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...9c&oe=5E2D2F41
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...bf&oe=5E2A0AC3
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...34&oe=5E28C10E
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...97&oe=5E1AAF48
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...06&oe=5DF09759
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...64&oe=5E254BC2

#6 Inflight200 Air France A340-300. I jumped on this one a bit quick, as the updated livery was released shortly after. I'm a big fan of the IF200 A343 series, I find it much greater than GJ/JC, though still not ideal.

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...52&oe=5E34C1A3
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...0c&oe=5E343E1C
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...90&oe=5E1FA181
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...eb&oe=5E2316FF

#6 Inflight200 Aerolinas A340-300. A striking livery and again fairly well represented on the IF200 mould.

https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...79&oe=5E2DAE9A
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...10&oe=5E1A33DC
https://scontent.fyhu2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d1&oe=5E3978E3

robertjon5 10-08-2019 03:41 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
all very nice arrivals Jan!. can you check your B.A landor and see if it says 'to fly to serve' or 'to fly to sewve' on the crest, as on inflight model. thanks.

Jan Jasinski 10-08-2019 03:46 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robertjon5 (Post 2724856)
all very nice arrivals Jan!. can you check your B.A landor and see if it says 'to fly to serve' or 'to fly to sewve' on the crest, as on inflight model. thanks.

It's spelled correctly. One of the first things I checked after hearing the IF screw up.

GOsquare 10-08-2019 03:58 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

.Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com...s/viewpost.gif <
Also, has anyone noticed GJ stopped adding jewel lighting on the landing lights? Kind of a low move considering these 747's are coming out at over $200.00.
Notice the exact same thing on mine. Really unfortunate because the current scheme gemini british 747-400 released 1-2 years ago has it. So when you put the two next to each other, it looks odd. At least the taxi light jewel is there.


Great addition thought and all the other one too. I really like your Aerolineas A340-300.

Baerke 10-08-2019 04:15 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Very nice additions Jan. Strange thing, the jewel lights are in the recent Herpa Lufthansa 747-400 but not on the gemini. Same mold!

AirlinerFan 10-08-2019 07:01 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Nice additions..... Love the BA and KLM flaps down.

Aussiejets 10-09-2019 03:55 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Nice new additions Jan and great shot's mate

StillAir 10-09-2019 04:14 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Sometimes I don't understand GEMINIJETS...

On their first B744 "BA 100 years" (the BOAC one) they printed the passenger window line too low :sad:

And now on this one they printed it too high (like they have done on their KLM release) :mad:

Well, let's keep the fingers crossed that they might fix it with their upcoming 3rd one :confused:

PS: Regaring the jewel landing lights in the wings, GJ B747's normaly don't have this while JCWINGS B747's have themů
For example if you want to have a B747-8 AIR CHINA with them you have to go for the JC release :eek:

HTF200 10-09-2019 04:15 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
The Models are very nice.
But most of all i am impressed by your ground foil which is the most realistic i have seen so far.

Aussiejets 10-09-2019 05:33 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HTF200 (Post 2724948)
The Models are very nice.
But most of all i am impressed by your ground foil which is the most realistic i have seen so far.


I agree a lot of work has gone into that to make it look so good

Jan Jasinski 10-09-2019 11:57 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOsquare (Post 2724862)
Notice the exact same thing on mine. Really unfortunate because the current scheme gemini british 747-400 released 1-2 years ago has it. So when you put the two next to each other, it looks odd. At least the taxi light jewel is there.

Great addition thought and all the other one too. I really like your Aerolineas A340-300.

Exactly. Both the regular one and the JC OneWorld one have them. The Aerolineas seems like an unusual model to own!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baerke (Post 2724866)
Very nice additions Jan. Strange thing, the jewel lights are in the recent Herpa Lufthansa 747-400 but not on the gemini. Same mold!

It is very strange to comprehend! I saw some photos of the JC Air France 747, and it also has the jewel lights! I think JC overall does the most accurate printing and detailing of 747's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirlinerFan (Post 2724886)
Nice additions..... Love the BA and KLM flaps down.

Thank you! Lovely models indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 2724944)
Nice new additions Jan and great shot's mate

Thanks mate! Just some iPhone shots ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillAir (Post 2724946)
Sometimes I don't understand GEMINIJETS...

On their first B744 "BA 100 years" (the BOAC one) they printed the passenger window line too low :sad:

And now on this one they printed it too high (like they have done on their KLM release) :mad:

Well, let's keep the fingers crossed that they might fix it with their upcoming 3rd one :confused:

PS: Regaring the jewel landing lights in the wings, GJ B747's normaly don't have this while JCWINGS B747's have themů
For example if you want to have a B747-8 AIR CHINA with them you have to go for the JC release :eek:

I hadn't taken notice about the PAX window printing... can't say it doesn't bother me now :rolleyes:LOL . I think JC overall does the most accurate printing and detailing of 747's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTF200 (Post 2724948)
The Models are very nice.
But most of all i am impressed by your ground foil which is the most realistic i have seen so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 2724958)
I agree a lot of work has gone into that to make it look so good

Thank you! The ground foil unfortunately was not done by me. A fellow collector on here had sold it to me and does excellent work!

ALITALIA AZ610 10-12-2019 09:25 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski (Post 2724848)
....Also, has anyone noticed GJ stopped adding jewel lighting on the landing lights? Kind of a low move considering these 747's are coming out at over $200.00.


Whilst I agree Gemini is cutting corners lately such as missing or skipping: antennas, panel printing, jewel lights, wifi domes etc., the over $200 is hyperbole. Never have I seen these retail for more than $150ish...


Having said that, given the choice, I always prefer JC Wings as they don't skimp on details compared to G200.

Jan Jasinski 10-12-2019 09:28 AM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALITALIA AZ610 (Post 2725566)
Whilst I agree Gemini is cutting corners lately such as missing or skipping: antennas, panel printing, jewel lights, wifi domes etc., the over $200 is hyperbole. Never have I seen these retail for more than $150ish...

I should have specified that it's over $200.00 CDN. Unfortunately only the US is privileged with their dollar and in most cases free shipping.

Ledoctor 10-12-2019 01:20 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
sorry great models but Gemini really messed up the cockpit windows and the big forehead on the 747 especially on the BA :( why gemini why :( and a long front gear

Yustas 10-12-2019 01:27 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Thank you for sharing . I wait for the Negus 744 GJ 200 . Can you tell us whether the landing gears are removable ? I guess so .

ukjohna 10-12-2019 01:31 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yustas (Post 2725668)
Thank you for sharing . I wait for the Negus 744 GJ 200 . Can you tell us whether the landing gears are removable ? I guess so .

Yes they are.

Yustas 10-12-2019 02:21 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Thank you

Jan Jasinski 11-01-2019 01:30 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
My first 727 in the collection! The IF200 wing root isn't easy to ignore, however having seen these guys do low approaches over Maho, it was a must get model!

https://scontent.fymq3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f5&oe=5E49CF38
https://scontent.fymq3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...08&oe=5E1EE0C6
https://scontent.fymq3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a3&oe=5E537995

crownvic 11-01-2019 02:05 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
I totally agree on the AmeriJet..it is a must have for me too! Maho SJU and MIA of course..

Jan Jasinski 11-01-2019 04:15 PM

Re: Photos: 1/200 Arrivals (Inflight, NG & GJ200)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yustas (Post 2725668)
Thank you for sharing . I wait for the Negus 744 GJ 200 . Can you tell us whether the landing gears are removable ? I guess so .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledoctor (Post 2725666)
sorry great models but Gemini really messed up the cockpit windows and the big forehead on the 747 especially on the BA :( why gemini why :( and a long front gear

Quote:

Originally Posted by crownvic (Post 2729668)
I totally agree on the AmeriJet..it is a must have for me too! Maho SJU and MIA of course..

For once it's a shame Gemini didn't release this ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.