New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC) - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2017, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
YULsee26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Montreal, YUL
Posts: 331
Default New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

My new arrival yesterday from AVW in Toronto. I was stoked when GJ redid the cockpit windows for the -9. What a beautiful model. I am beyond happy that I decided to pick her up.

Please see photos below and for anyone who is on the fence - she is worth it!





















__________________
Head in the clouds - feet on the ground

My Collection:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YULsee26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Deadlef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Paderborn, Germany
Age: 32
Posts: 245
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Nice, they got the color of the cockpit windows right this time.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Deadlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
newCDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 911
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Nice one

thanks for sharing
__________________
Flown on: Q300, E190, A319, A320, A321, B73G, B738, B739, A310, A332, A333, A343, A388, B763, B789, B77L, B773, B77W, B744, MD-11
Yet to fly: Q400, CSeries, A320neo, B737Max, A346, A350, B788, B748


Want to buy:

1/200 Hogan Air Canada A340-300 old livery

newCDN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
ALITALIA AZ610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Roma
Posts: 367
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Congrats on the purchase. Certainly a better choice than the 788 given the improvement of the windshield colour and also the addition of 3D satcom antenna.
ALITALIA AZ610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Southeast U.S.
Posts: 729
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Very sharp indeed.
Habu968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Collector
 
wonglw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 551
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

What do you mean by redo the cockpit this time? What happened to last time?


Quote:
Originally Posted by YULsee26 View Post
My new arrival yesterday from AVW in Toronto. I was stoked when GJ redid the cockpit windows for the -9. What a beautiful model. I am beyond happy that I decided to pick her up.

Please see photos below and for anyone who is on the fence - she is worth it!



[img]


https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4516/38445230206_870fb29c61_b.jpg[/img]

















wonglw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
ALITALIA AZ610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Roma
Posts: 367
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonglw3 View Post
What do you mean by redo the cockpit this time? What happened to last time?
Did you REALLY have to include all the photos again when quoting??
ALITALIA AZ610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonglw3 View Post
What do you mean by redo the cockpit this time? What happened to last time?
The cockpit windows were a light gray color that no one seemed to like. They really stood out (and not in a good way) with the black nose area.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

The model looks nice. The cockpit windows are a BIG improvement!! Nice neutral colored stand base too.

I would love to see some more pics of the model on its landing gear. I usually don't display my models on the stand.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN
 
Rockybudgeboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NEWMARKET
Posts: 4,594
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Looks like a Raccoon I have one on hold for me at Threshold. Looking forward to getting it
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rockybudgeboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
AirCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,394
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Very nice! But then I like all 789s!
AirCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Baerke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Roermond, Netherlands
Age: 48
Posts: 4,194
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Nice livery! Beautiful
__________________
KLM fanatic, also Lufthansa, Air France, Delta, Pan Am, Swissair, Sabena etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Baerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,439
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Fantastic and Impressive photos you captured YULsee26! I really like the angles and closeups you took to emphasize how Gemini Jets 200 attention to detail was pretty accurate. Kudos to G200 for re-doing the cockpit windows.

Congrats with scooping up this new livery AC B787-9 to add to your 1/200 fleet. It's gonna be a crazy 2 months for me with all the AC models that were recently rolled out and more to come in December! Yes, I promise you, YULsee26 once all the AC frenzy with models has settled down and I've returned from Christmas vacation I will post the fleet. Cheers! T7
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
newCDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 911
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7_4ever View Post
Congrats with scooping up this new livery AC B787-9 to add to your 1/200 fleet. It's gonna be a crazy 2 months for me with all the AC models that were recently rolled out and more to come in December! Yes, I promise you, YULsee26 once all the AC frenzy with models has settled down and I've returned from Christmas vacation I will post the fleet. Cheers! T7

737max? Will look nice next to the Westjet 737max
__________________
Flown on: Q300, E190, A319, A320, A321, B73G, B738, B739, A310, A332, A333, A343, A388, B763, B789, B77L, B773, B77W, B744, MD-11
Yet to fly: Q400, CSeries, A320neo, B737Max, A346, A350, B788, B748


Want to buy:

1/200 Hogan Air Canada A340-300 old livery


Last edited by newCDN; 11-20-2017 at 02:26 PM.
newCDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mountaineer pride
 
Delta dc-8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Clarksburg, WV
Posts: 708
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCal View Post
Very nice! But then I like all 789s!
I love the AC new livery and the 789 does look very nice
Delta dc-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
YULsee26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Montreal, YUL
Posts: 331
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlef View Post
Nice, they got the color of the cockpit windows right this time.
Thanks - they most definitely did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newCDN View Post
Nice one

thanks for sharing
Thanks and you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALITALIA AZ610 View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Certainly a better choice than the 788 given the improvement of the windshield colour and also the addition of 3D satcom antenna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu968 View Post
Very sharp indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
The model looks nice. The cockpit windows are a BIG improvement!! Nice neutral colored stand base too.

I would love to see some more pics of the model on its landing gear. I usually don't display my models on the stand.
Thanks! I can post more photos for you sometime this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockybudgeboa View Post
Looks like a Raccoon I have one on hold for me at Threshold. Looking forward to getting it
You'll be very happy you got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCal View Post
Very nice! But then I like all 789s!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerke View Post
Nice livery! Beautiful
Thank you! Super looking model

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7_4ever View Post
Fantastic and Impressive photos you captured YULsee26! I really like the angles and closeups you took to emphasize how Gemini Jets 200 attention to detail was pretty accurate. Kudos to G200 for re-doing the cockpit windows.

Congrats with scooping up this new livery AC B787-9 to add to your 1/200 fleet. It's gonna be a crazy 2 months for me with all the AC models that were recently rolled out and more to come in December! Yes, I promise you, YULsee26 once all the AC frenzy with models has settled down and I've returned from Christmas vacation I will post the fleet. Cheers! T7
You're very welcome. I am really liking this model. The colors stand out very well and the windshield is superb! Can't wait to see your AC family pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta dc-8 View Post
I love the AC new livery and the 789 does look very nice
Thanks! Same here - it really is simple but stunning.
__________________
Head in the clouds - feet on the ground

My Collection:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YULsee26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
carparadrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 449
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

Very beautiful model. I'm sure it comes with removable undercarriage!?
The new AC livery, makes this 789 look impressive.
I have to get me one of these. I hope it will be available soon at CAMA...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carparadrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 998
Default Re: New Arrival: Gemini 200 Air Canada 787-9 (NC)

It also looks like they got the bright red rondelle correct on this model. I have the GJ AC 788 and the red was a little darker because it was printed over the black tail. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Now we need the 737 Max 8. I think it looks awesome in the new livery.
__________________
Collector of American, Air Canada, Air France, British Airways, Pan Am and 1/200 fighter jets

Kevin
NYCAAer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Latest Threads
- by KL808
- by arinmuk
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.