Gemini July Releases with Pics - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
connorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CLT
Age: 25
Posts: 496
Default Gemini July Releases with Pics

The actual photos of the July releases are up. Let the disagreement on the UA battleship colour begin.

Air Canada Airbus A321-200 (C-GJWO)


American Airbus A330-200 (N290AY)


jetBlue Airbus A320-200 (N537JT)


SF Airlines Boeing 757-200F (B-2840)


United Boeing 727-200 (N7466U)


Wardair Boeing 747-200 (C-GXRD)

Last edited by connorc; 07-10-2017 at 09:59 PM.
connorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
neilc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 879
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

In first to complain about the gray color of the battleship 722.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neilc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Douglas Jet Collector
 
DC-Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 357
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorc View Post
The actual photos of the July releases are up. Let the disagreement on the UA battleship colour begin.
While this doesn't meet my collecting criteria. The sad part is, that when it does not sell or sell well, they will say that people don't want classic aircraft or liveries. And that does have the potential to effect what I do collect.

I know that some around here have been asking for more 727 releases. I can't imagine that they will be very thrilled with this example. Truly unfortunate.
DC-Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN
 
Rockybudgeboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NEWMARKET
Posts: 4,591
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

H.A. DOC Oakes come to me
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rockybudgeboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
neilc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 879
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

It's inexplicable. I honestly don't see how: 1) this gets past the Quality Control and 2) they couldn't pull up the paint callouts for previous Battleship liveries. It's worse than lazy, it's outright incompetence. They actually had to work harder to mess this up rather than just going off their previous paint callouts for this livery.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neilc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
connorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CLT
Age: 25
Posts: 496
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Yeah I'm not thrilled about the grey colour either. Of course this photo is taken with a lot of light so I'd imagine that it will be a little darker to the eye. And with a darker livery, there will be greater variance in colour from picture to picture of the model or the real thing. From one pic, it doesn't give a good representation but still doesn't give a good feeling of what's to come.



connorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
DragonWings80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: EDDM
Posts: 279
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc777 View Post
In first to complain about the gray color of the battleship 722.
Congrats ;-) !

DragonWings80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
AIR FRANCE 340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 49°18'55" N 000°00'19" W
Age: 77
Posts: 4,894
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Just for comparison : Herpa premium.

Jean Pierre.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini July Releases with Pics-img_1301.jpg  
AIR FRANCE 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 27
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Well if it makes anyone feel any better, United did have a few 727s painted in an experimental "ghost" livery. Maybe the folks at GJ used one of those planes when they were choosing the shade of grey for this model But in all seriousness though, it really does seem like they aren't even trying anymore.
TripleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
tjwgrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 680
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
Well if it makes anyone feel any better, United did have a few 727s painted in an experimental "ghost" livery. Maybe the folks at GJ used one of those planes when they were choosing the shade of grey for this model But in all seriousness though, it really does seem like they aren't even trying anymore.
After a few years the battleship grey faded anyways....
tjwgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
billville's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 631
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

On a side note.....VERY excited for that little JetBlue! Keep 'em coming Gemini
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Looking to Buy:
billville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Yea, not wild about the gray color on the UA 727 either. I already have the Herpa Premium UA 727, and the idea was to get this one for display but if the gray is as light as shown, I think I will pass. I sure hope the color is corrected on the production models.

I'm also wishing the 727 release was a 'standard' 727 without the extended exhaust nozzles of the 'Hush Kit' 727. Inflight has already done this variant of the 727.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL370
Posts: 2,075
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Battleship aside, the cockpit window colors on the new colored Air Canada models DOES NOT look realistic...
Jan Jasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
newCDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 911
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski View Post
Battleship aside, the cockpit window colors on the new colored Air Canada models DOES NOT look realistic...
Yes, same as the 787
__________________
Flown on: Q300, E190, A319, A320, A321, B73G, B738, B739, A310, A332, A333, A343, A388, B763, B789, B77L, B773, B77W, B744, MD-11
Yet to fly: Q400, CSeries, A320neo, B737Max, A346, A350, B788, B748


Want to buy:

1/200 Hogan Air Canada A340-300 old livery

newCDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,634
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

jetBlue and Wardair for me. I have literally been waiting years for someone to do a 200 scale,Wardair B747 with GE engines.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
connorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CLT
Age: 25
Posts: 496
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

What's everyone think of the size of the windows on the A320 family? Aside from them sometimes being angled down funny, I think they look a bit big. Compared to the older releases, models in the past two years or so are a bit larger.
connorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Collector
 
kcargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 91
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski View Post
Battleship aside, the cockpit window colors on the new colored Air Canada models DOES NOT look realistic...
Completely defeats the purpose of having the black space around the windows. Looks horrendous.
kcargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 11,365
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc777 View Post
It's inexplicable. I honestly don't see how: 1) this gets past the Quality Control and 2) they couldn't pull up the paint callouts for previous Battleship liveries. It's worse than lazy, it's outright incompetence. They actually had to work harder to mess this up rather than just going off their previous paint callouts for this livery.
relax and put the pain pills away...take a deep breath....all will be fine...

photo is washed out...
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Airliner Fanatic
 
leongrnfld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg.
Posts: 427
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-Jets View Post
While this doesn't meet my collecting criteria. The sad part is, that when it does not sell or sell well, they will say that people don't want classic aircraft or liveries. And that does have the potential to effect what I do collect.

I know that some around here have been asking for more 727 releases. I can't imagine that they will be very thrilled with this example. Truly unfortunate.
I am one of the collectors who want more Boeing 727 models.
I agree 100% what you say about not being thrilled about GJ 200's latest
Boeing 727 offering.
leongrnfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
ZuluLima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 202
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
relax and put the pain pills away...take a deep breath....all will be fine...

photo is washed out...
I thought the same at first. Gemini are notoriously bad at product photography, but the fuselage is damn near the same color as the upper wings.

SF Airlines 757: Pretty cool bird.

Air Canada A321: Glad I'm not an AC collector. Ouch.
__________________
Collecting significant aircraft I've flown on in 1:200 only.
ZuluLima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Acolyte of Aeolus
 
snowghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KLAX
Age: 66
Posts: 1,570
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Whatever happened to the Herpa B721 mold. I have the Lufthansa in the late 60s livery, but don't recall any more releases.
__________________
Flown on: DC-4, DC-6, DC-7C, DC-8 (-10, -30, -40, -50, -63, -70), DC-9 (-15, -30) MD80, MD88, DC-10-10, DC-10-30, B707 (-300, -400) B720, B721, B722, B731, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B741, B742, B744, B752, B753, B762, B763, B772, Viscount, Vanguard, BAC 1-11, Convair 340, 440, 580, 990, FH227, Fokker 100, Fokker 28, Electra, L1049G, L1011, BAe 146, Caravelle, Airbus: 319, 320, 321, 300, 340-600. 380-800, EMB 110, HP Jetstream.

"Could he've been pushed Doctor Winkel?" "Ving-kel."
snowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL370
Posts: 2,075
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongrnfld View Post
I am one of the collectors who want more Boeing 727 models.
I agree 100% what you say about not being thrilled about GJ 200's latest
Boeing 727 offering.
I've mentioned it before, CargoJet and Amerijet still fly 727F's today, and I think it's a great opportunity/time to release them.
Jan Jasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
I ask a lot of questions
 
Sean's AA DC-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: LAX
Posts: 750
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Oh the Gray... Oh, the Humanity!! "So, so you think you can tell - heaven from hell." I have so many questions... JC/Gemini's last four or five UA gray bids have been so weird. 777 too dark, looked great in the head shot though. Same with the 757 and 747s. But the EMB is light! I prefer lighter color to the darker one. I even like the brown A320! I'm worried, I'm excited, I've pre-ordered. We shall see...
Sean's AA DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SRH
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

TONKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 11,365
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Thank you for posting TONKA, however in photo above, the red on the stop sign is off...I "ll never sleep again.
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN
 
Rockybudgeboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NEWMARKET
Posts: 4,591
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

So many people trying to sink that Battleship.

Stop worrying about it, there are more serious things in life to worry about than a model Airplane!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rockybudgeboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lufthansa collector
 
727pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 55
Posts: 1,640
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Possibly more sunlight on the lower photograph???
__________________
View my Lufthansa model-collection at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
727pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lufthansa collector
 
727pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 55
Posts: 1,640
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Whatever happened to the Herpa B721 mold. I have the Lufthansa in the late 60s livery, but don't recall any more releases.
I remember an AA and a United Airlines release - plus Hapag-Lloyd and TAP - and then the mould apparently went missing...








__________________
View my Lufthansa model-collection at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
727pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

I really like the United Battleship 727 but it just got to much sunburnt, that's all..
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
billville's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 631
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
thank you for posting tonka, however in photo above, the red on the stop sign is off...i "ll never sleep again.
hahahaha!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Looking to Buy:
billville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL370
Posts: 2,075
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Just going to leave this here:

https://www.aviation-center-berlin.de/p/G2UAL074

Jan Jasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Yikes!
Pic doesn't look over-exposed and that gray looks terrible!
Something about the nose gear and nose/cockpit area looks off too from that angle too.

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 07-13-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN
 
Rockybudgeboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NEWMARKET
Posts: 4,591
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

I like it and I am going to get it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rockybudgeboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockybudgeboa View Post
I like it and I am going to get it.
There should be PLENTY of the models available. From the comments here, it looks like the very off gray color is too much for some (most?) of the members.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 27
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
There should be PLENTY of the models available. From the comments here, it looks like the very off gray color is too much for some (most?) of the members.
Well I mean you can't really blame them. These models are not cheap and it's just annoying that GJ really just doesn't seem to care that much anymore when it comes to accuracy. I was thinking about buying this model but if the color is that off then I will probably pass.
TripleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
KLM4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm Pings
Posts: 4,388
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Keep in mind, however, there are plenty of collectors out there who are not members of this forum who also are not, shall I say as "selective" as some of us are when it comes to colour, mould, engine, etc., accuracy, who will buy this model.
__________________
Be supportive of fellow DA.C members: like & comment!
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
707 and 727 desk flyer
 
HoRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Mulhouse, France
Posts: 468
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Well, the UAL 722's "battleship" color ist just awful. I'll stick to my Herpa Premium.
__________________
Collector of civil aircraft models in 1:500 and 1:200, mostly European
HoRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
AirCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,392
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM4me View Post
Keep in mind, however, there are plenty of collectors out there who are not members of this forum who also are not, shall I say as "selective" as some of us are when it comes to colour, mould, engine, etc., accuracy, who will buy this model.
Agreed. I have steered away from several models thanks to the information on this website. Some because the model wasn't great, others because I found out Brand X was going to release something better.
I was interested in this 727, and have several other G2 727-200s that I really like, but I also think I will pass on this one.
AirCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:12 AM   #39 (permalink)
I ask a lot of questions
 
Sean's AA DC-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: LAX
Posts: 750
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Got my favorite email from EZ. The United 727-200 should be with me in a couple days. Can't wait to inspect the GRAY! haha
Sean's AA DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
AirCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,392
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Let us know what you think, I'm on the fence with that UA 727 until I hear some opinions on it.
AirCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
I ask a lot of questions
 
Sean's AA DC-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: LAX
Posts: 750
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

I sure will. I almost never preorder, and I don't think I needed to so with this release, but whenever I see United battleship, I get all excited!

Whether it's wise or not, my faith is with the Gemini specific branding. If it was a JC release, I would have waited....the latest have been too dark in my humble opinion.

I don't even know if the new Gemini 727 releases are still really heavy...(?) The latest copy I have is the 2013 Piedmont Airlines. Also don't know if Gemini has screwed up the gear, like they did with the 757. Hope not,,,yikes.
Sean's AA DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Hi Guys,
I just saw the GJ United Battleship 727-200 in person, and the gray is very light just like in the pictures above. It even looked a little lighter than the pic Jan posted above. If you wanted a badly weathered, end of service aircraft, you may like this one, however I passed on this one.

I did pick up a JCW 737 Neo. VERY nice model. I think one of the nicest noses and cockpit window printing on a 737 in a long time. Great little model!
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
I ask a lot of questions
 
Sean's AA DC-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: LAX
Posts: 750
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Ahhh great... Think it's the lightest of them all, CA? The EMB 120 seems to be the pick right now.

I would actually like a weathered version more than an unrealistically dark. I dunno...I'd like to see the way a 1:1 battleship would look at the present time - old and weathered. I'd also like to see weathered AA bare polished models instead of the splotchiness with which too many are affected.
Sean's AA DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL370
Posts: 2,075
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
Hi Guys,
I just saw the GJ United Battleship 727-200 in person, and the gray is very light just like in the pictures above. It even looked a little lighter than the pic Jan posted above. If you wanted a badly weathered, end of service aircraft, you may like this one, however I passed on this one.

I did pick up a JCW 737 Neo. VERY nice model. I think one of the nicest noses and cockpit window printing on a 737 in a long time. Great little model!
It was obvious from the the sample photo that it was incorrect and would not be changed. When has Gemini ever gave a sh*t about fixing errors/flaws? It happened with the KLM MD-11 too, the #2 engine was incorrect, and they didn't bother to do anything about it. Sold that model recently since it never stopped bothering me...

The company is terrible with client/customer relations. Being a popular brand, there is no reason for them to improve or listen to anyone other than maybe Emirates who is their biggest client.

As much as I don't like to be negative toward GJ, unfortunately they are getting worse and have a terrible approach/attitude when it comes to criticism.
Jan Jasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Mike777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 3,616
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski View Post
It was obvious from the the sample photo that it was incorrect and would not be changed. When has Gemini ever gave a sh*t about fixing errors/flaws? It happened with the KLM MD-11 too, the #2 engine was incorrect, and they didn't bother to do anything about it. Sold that model recently since it never stopped bothering me...

The company is terrible with client/customer relations. Being a popular brand, there is no reason for them to improve or listen to anyone other than maybe Emirates who is their biggest client.

As much as I don't like to be negative toward GJ, unfortunately they are getting worse and have a terrible approach/attitude when it comes to criticism.
It sucks that the gray is so light, but hey, sh*t happens. I'll cut Gemini some slack this time. These kinds of errors are inevitable from time to time when mass producing models month after month and hurrying to get them to the distributor/retailers on time. Obviously Gemini didn't intend for this to happen and they know what the correct gray is for UA Battleship because they've done it right dozens of times before. There are plenty of other releases I'm sure everyone can catch up on if you were intending to buy the UA 727 but now don't want it. Or, as has been mentioned, just get the Herpa Premium.

I can't really side with the logic and justification that the light gray is fine because it's "weathered." In that case, the model would need dirt, grime, paint chips, etc., lol. So here we have a supposedly "weathered" aircraft, and yet it's glossy and pristine? That's a stretch for me.

On the topic of United Battleship gray, IIRC, aren't some of the Inflight200 models too dark?

And one last comment about the Gemini UA 727: I think the hush kits need improvement. The shape of the nozzles is crude/wrong and they are lacking in detail.
Mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,634
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Even my Herpa Premium,United B727 has a mistake. It is subtle,none the less,it is a mistake. I wonder if other collectors have noticed it?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned
 
Mike777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 3,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
Even my Herpa Premium,United B727 has a mistake. It is subtle,none the less,it is a mistake. I wonder if other collectors have noticed it?
I could nitpick and find a "mistake" on every Herpa Premium. But I'm curious, what exactly are you referring to?
Mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 PM   #48 (permalink)
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL370
Posts: 2,075
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike777 View Post
It sucks that the gray is so light, but hey, sh*t happens. I'll cut Gemini some slack this time. These kinds of errors are inevitable from time to time when mass producing models month after month and hurrying to get them to the distributor/retailers on time. Obviously Gemini didn't intend for this to happen and they know what the correct gray is for UA Battleship because they've done it right dozens of times before. There are plenty of other releases I'm sure everyone can catch up on if you were intending to buy the UA 727 but now don't want it. Or, as has been mentioned, just get the Herpa Premium.

I can't really side with the logic and justification that the light gray is fine because it's "weathered." In that case, the model would need dirt, grime, paint chips, etc., lol. So here we have a supposedly "weathered" aircraft, and yet it's glossy and pristine? That's a stretch for me.

On the topic of United Battleship gray, IIRC, aren't some of the Inflight200 models too dark?

And one last comment about the Gemini UA 727: I think the hush kits need improvement. The shape of the nozzles is crude/wrong and they are lacking in detail.
Quality has done downhill overall. If you own some original 757, 737 and A321's of theirs, you'll know what I'm talking about. Prices are increasing, quality is decreasing, and acceptance of criticism is non existent...
Jan Jasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,634
Default Re: Gemini July Releases with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike777 View Post
I could nitpick and find a "mistake" on every Herpa Premium. But I'm curious, what exactly are you referring to?
Have a good look at the titles.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Mike777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 3,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski View Post
Quality has done downhill overall. If you own some original 757, 737 and A321's of theirs, you'll know what I'm talking about. Prices are increasing, quality is decreasing, and acceptance of criticism is non existent...
Dude, believe me, I know. Lol. I have a long history of criticizing Gemini on this forum. But I'm learning to cut them some slack and appreciate all the models out there that don't have major issues.
Mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Latest Threads
- by saif380
- by Jarek
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.