DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/index.php)
-   1:200 Scale Model Aircraft (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/)
-   -   JC Wings United 777 (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/187818-jc-wings-united-777-a.html)

Justin_ 01-31-2016 05:13 AM

JC Wings United 777
 
I need more Battleship Grey in my life. It is beautiful! :D

I have to say this being my second triple seven model that this looks more like a 777 from the front compared to my Philippine Airlines 777-300ER made by Gemini.

And yes, I need to clean the cabinet. Quite lazy to do so. :p

http://i.imgur.com/uVZa1Eh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PL5FNAW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g6NHF7B.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z8zQQZd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4WLkUSm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oKLMaWK.jpg

With it's fellow 'Muricans. :p
http://i.imgur.com/mbBGNY4.jpg

My fleet so far. The United sure stands out!:D
http://i.imgur.com/0SUX6hG.jpg

Aussiejets 01-31-2016 06:51 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Looking great Justin, thanks for posting budy

Justin_ 01-31-2016 09:03 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 1722450)
Looking great Justin, thanks for posting budy

Cheers! 👍🏼

European Collector 01-31-2016 09:06 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
awesome model. nice cabinet too!

Charlie Alpha 01-31-2016 09:55 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
NICE model. I'm waiting for hert to arrive at my hanger too!!

I have to agree with you. The nose area does look more like a 777 compared to the Gemini/JCW 777-300ER mold. Why couldn't JCW use this nose and cockpit window printing on their 777-300ER models too. It looks much better.

Of course JCW would need to tweak their new GE-90 mold a little too to get rid of the constricted engine intake lip and and low 'nose dive' appearance of the engines. But using this nose would really help improve the look of their 777-300ER mold.

One question. Does this model have the new landing gear? If it does, the changes to the mains are less noticable than I thought they would be.

geeforce9 01-31-2016 10:20 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Nice collection mate, the United 777 sure is hot!

Justin_ 01-31-2016 07:02 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha (Post 1722738)
One question. Does this model have the new landing gear? If it does, the changes to the mains are less noticable than I thought they would be.

I'm not sure I can answer that. I don't know how the old or new gears look. :p

Justin_ 01-31-2016 07:05 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by European Collector (Post 1722658)
awesome model. nice cabinet too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeforce9 (Post 1722810)
Nice collection mate, the United 777 sure is hot!

Cheers!

Funny. To my naked it eye the UA stands out amongst the sea of white in my fleet. The ANZ ATR just disappears in the background.

IflyHA 01-31-2016 07:49 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Lovely photos. They had a chance to fix the pylons, but I guess did not seize he opportunity....


And CA, these are not the updated gear. To my understanding, the new gear are for the -300s

T7_4ever 01-31-2016 08:01 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
MAGANDA! Salamat Po for sharing your new JC UA T7 on the DAC. From a fellow UA Battleship collector! Cheers! T7

Charlie Alpha 01-31-2016 09:21 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IflyHA (Post 1724074)
Lovely photos. They had a chance to fix the pylons, but I guess did not seize he opportunity....


And CA, these are not the updated gear. To my understanding, the new gear are for the -300s

Oops. You are right. The new gear would not be correct for the -200. The actuator is used to control bogie tilt to avoid tail strikes on the longer fuselage of the -300 models.

travsuz 01-31-2016 10:01 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Didn't know this one had hit retailers yet!

Justin_ 02-01-2016 01:12 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Cheers guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsuz (Post 1724250)
Didn't know this one had hit retailers yet!

Maybe not yet in your neck of the woods. :p

MASonatic 02-01-2016 01:20 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
What a premium! It captured the beefy look much better than GJ.

Hoping that JC will do a MAS 772 standard livery.

travsuz 02-01-2016 09:04 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASonatic (Post 1724481)
What a premium! It captured the beefy look much better than GJ.

Hoping that JC will do a MAS 772 standard livery.

Umm....funny...its the same mould as Gemini Jets.

KRASAIRIL62 02-01-2016 02:26 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASonatic (Post 1724481)
................. Hoping that JC will do a MAS 772 standard livery.

(off topic) I would love to have the 9M-MRL which did the last MH-19 flight from AMS.



Thanks.


Also would love to have the Landor 777.

crownvic 02-01-2016 03:15 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASonatic (Post 1724481)
What a premium! It captured the beefy look much better than GJ.

Hoping that JC will do a MAS 772 standard livery.

Could be post of the year..file this one away..

Charlie Alpha 02-01-2016 04:21 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KRASAIRIL62 (Post 1725441)
(off topic) I would love to have the 9M-MRL which did the last MH-19 flight from AMS.

Even though imspired by a tragic event, I think 9M-MRL in the MH-19 livery would be a great release and a great remembrance of that tragic flight.

I also think the model would sell like crazy.

MASonatic 02-01-2016 09:07 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by travsuz (Post 1725001)
Umm....funny...its the same mould as Gemini Jets.

Oh really, dunno bout that.

Even thou I know JC & GJ were BFF lol.

I thought this mould is updated one, was it not?

MASonatic 02-01-2016 09:12 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KRASAIRIL62 (Post 1725441)
(off topic) I would love to have the 9M-MRL which did the last MH-19 flight from AMS.



Thanks.


Also would love to have the Landor 777.

MAS and Landor, totally agreed! :)

As long as its not 9M-MRD like what Aero500 has done. That model is just creepy :mad:

travsuz 02-01-2016 09:15 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASonatic (Post 1726057)
Oh really, dunno bout that.

Even thou I know JC & GJ were BFF lol.

I thought this mould is updated one, was it not?

The 777-300 was the one updated, not the -200. And on the -300 it was only the engine that was changed...not the fuselage.

Blue Angel No.5 02-02-2016 12:41 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
That is one awesome looking 777! I hope to secure some funds to order one soon...

Charlie Alpha 02-03-2016 11:53 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by travsuz (Post 1726121)
The 777-300 was the one updated, not the -200. And on the -300 it was only the engine that was changed...not the fuselage.

Yup. Know all that. The -200 and -300 use different molds (duh). The -200 mold looks good, but the -300 (which only had the engines and landing gear updated) uses the old -300 fuselage mold with a nose and cockpit area that DOES NOT look anywhere as good as the nose and cockpit printing on the -200 mold. And THAT specifically is the problem.

I think JCW should have completed the job on the -300ER mold revision and used the nose and cockpit window printing of the -200, which is much better IMHO. Compare the nose and cockpit areas of the two molds (there are plenty of threads on the -300ER) and you will see what I mean.

Madridista 02-03-2016 12:47 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by travsuz (Post 1724250)
Didn't know this one had hit retailers yet!

Hah, didn't know either - until my retailer fired an e-mail over to me announcing a forthcoming UPS parcel delivery

Received it on Monday - very positive surprise. I'm not that much an expert for the 777, so the engines and pylons aren't remarkly bad to me. These are supposed to be GE90s.

By the way, the model looks MUCH better than my personal experience on United's 777 was (Mainland-Hawaii flight, worst condition of an airliner - and crew's motivation - ever!).

AirlinerFan 02-04-2016 11:58 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Any word on when these will reach US retailers?

Charlie Alpha 02-04-2016 04:34 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
For a good comparison of the 777-200 and 777-300ER molds, go here. I wish JCW would use the nose and cockpit of the -200 on their -300ER mold, and here's why.
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...er-united.html

KLawEIA 02-04-2016 05:15 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirlinerFan (Post 1731458)
Any word on when these will reach US retailers?

I actually sent an email to Nick last week to check on the status. He said he expects it arrive at his place and then be ready to start shipping out customers in the next 2 weeks. So, short answer: Soon!

AirlinerFan 02-04-2016 06:38 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLawEIA (Post 1731778)
I actually sent an email to Nick last week to check on the status. He said he expects it arrive at his place and then be ready to start shipping out customers in the next 2 weeks. So, short answer: Soon!

Thanks.... I have one on order with Nick too.

Brian

Charlie Alpha 02-04-2016 07:07 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madridista (Post 1729770)
Received it on Monday - very positive surprise. I'm not that much an expert for the 777, so the engines and pylons aren't remarkly bad to me. These are supposed to be GE90s.

I don't think so. For this livery and time period, I think they should be P&W4000 engines and pylons.

travsuz 02-04-2016 10:09 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madridista (Post 1729770)

Received it on Monday - very positive surprise. I'm not that much an expert for the 777, so the engines and pylons aren't remarkly bad to me. These are supposed to be GE90s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha (Post 1731970)
I don't think so. For this livery and time period, I think they should be P&W4000 engines and pylons.

Charlie Alpha is correct...NO GE90 for this plane, United used different engines. Those are used on all 777LR and 777-300ER models.

A little more info: (Wikipedia) The General Electric GE90 is a family of high-bypass turbofan aircraft engines built by GE Aviation for the Boeing 777, with thrust ratings ranging from 74,000 to 115,000 lbf (330 to 510 kN). It entered service with British Airways in November 1995. Currently the world’s largest turbofan engine, it is one of three options for the 777-200, -200ER, and -300 versions, and the exclusive engine of the -200LR, -300ER, and 777F.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_GE90

TONKA 02-04-2016 10:36 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
UA only have PW engines for their 772, they will have 773 in 2016.

travsuz 02-04-2016 11:28 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
I really hope JC will do a British Airways 777 in the Landor delivery scheme. Wanted this one for a LOOOOONG time! PLEASE JC WINGS!!!

Charlie Alpha 02-05-2016 12:47 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TONKA (Post 1732178)
UA only have PW engines for their 772, they will have 773 in 2016.

Sorry, but not true either. They have some GE-90 powered 777-200s in their fleet too.

Surinam Air 747 02-05-2016 07:39 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha (Post 1732290)
Sorry, but not true either. They have some GE-90 powered 777-200s in their fleet too.

I believe Tonka was talking about the 'original' United only had the P&W engined 777 at first but when they took over Continental who had the GE powered 777 in their fleet, they became an airline that operated both types in their combined 777 fleet...

TONKA 02-05-2016 08:47 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
You are correct, when I work in UA, they signed a big contract with PW and PW built a big warehouse in SFO to keep all spares.

Charlie Alpha 02-05-2016 09:41 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Glad we got that cleared up. I didn't want to leave anyone with the impression that all of United's 777-200 today are P&W powered, which some people could have mistakenly thought after reading Tonka's original post.

ams026 02-09-2016 04:12 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
9 Attachment(s)
got my UL B777 over the weekend. Wanted to post some comparison pics with the GJ UL A319 and the Herpa UL B747. It seems to me that the GJ A319 grey has faded pretty strongly (or was it this light from the beginning?).

Also the front gear assembly looks a bit strange to me. It cannot be fully inserted (the gear doors sort of stick out), however the plane still sits perfectly level and has the same height as the GJ UL B777. Has anybody encountered a similar front gear?

Mainly for our member Charlie Alpha I have included a nose to nose comparison (look pretty much the same for me:)) and a comparison between the old and the new engine (difference seems to be the pylon and the exhaust).

Enjoy!

julietmike77W 02-09-2016 08:03 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
great model! can't wait for mine to arrive LOL:envy:

Charlie Alpha 02-09-2016 09:27 AM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ams026 (Post 1738657)
got my UL B777 over the weekend. Wanted to post some comparison pics with the GJ UL A319 and the Herpa UL B747. It seems to me that the GJ A319 grey has faded pretty strongly (or was it this light from the beginning?).

Also the front gear assembly looks a bit strange to me. It cannot be fully inserted (the gear doors sort of stick out), however the plane still sits perfectly level and has the same height as the GJ UL B777. Has anybody encountered a similar front gear?

Mainly for our member Charlie Alpha I have included a nose to nose comparison (look pretty much the same for me:)) and a comparison between the old and the new engine (difference seems to be the pylon and the exhaust).

Enjoy!

The problem with the front gear is how the gear doors were attached to the top part of the gear that fits into the fuselage. The center 'plug' that holds the gear strut is a separate piece. To this, the gear doors are attached. Due to JCW's sometimes crappy quality control, the gear doors are sometimes attached too low on the center piece resulting in what you have there. I have several models that came like that and I was able to get a replacement nose gear with the gear doors attached correctly. You probably want to PM Marcus and see if you can get a replacement .

The JCW 777-200 mold is pretty good but if you look closely, there are differences. The front window frame is a little more vertical (not perfect but more correct) on the older mold and the nose is slightly more rounded. The cockpit window printing is better on the new mold however.

The engines and pylons are the original 'generic' engines and pylons with small changes that I have been talking about, except, as you notices, have a different hot section without the added detail of the original. JCW/GJ kind of 'cheaped out' on this this and used this engine and pylon to vaguely represent both the Rolls Royce and Pratt&Whitney engines. It is actually not a bad engine mold for those two kinds of engines.

And I can't wait to get mine either!

Sgt Caribou 02-09-2016 12:24 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
777 isn't something for my collection but if I had to get one, this would be it! Good to see the launch customer finally represented in a decent manner.

Madridista 02-09-2016 03:35 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha (Post 1738841)
The problem with the front gear is how the gear doors were attached to the top part of the gear that fits into the fuselage. The center 'plug' that holds the gear strut is a separate piece. To this, the gear doors are attached. Due to JCW's sometimes crappy quality control, the gear doors are sometimes attached too low on the center piece resulting in what you have there. I have several models that came like that and I was able to get a replacement nose gear with the gear doors attached correctly. You probably want to PM Marcus and see if you can get a replacement .

The JCW 777-200 mold is pretty good but if you look closely, there are differences. The front window frame is a little more vertical (not perfect but more correct) on the older mold and the nose is slightly more rounded. The cockpit window printing is better on the new mold however.

The engines and pylons are the original 'generic' engines and pylons with small changes that I have been talking about, except, as you notices, have a different hot section without the added detail of the original. JCW/GJ kind of 'cheaped out' on this this and used this engine and pylon to vaguely represent both the Rolls Royce and Pratt&Whitney engines. It is actually not a bad engine mold for those two kinds of engines.

And I can't wait to get mine either!

It's funny how much - or less - one cares, depending on whether he is a specific type's fan or not.

I wouldn't realize most of the problems in details on a 777. Show ever, the gear problem is apparent. Luckily, the NLG of my UA 777 ist fixed okay, but the upper part of the doors (which are not visible when attached to the gear box) is not painted on the left side; the right one is painted in that dark blue color. Funny.

IflyHA 02-09-2016 05:57 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
This is a model I want, but the INCORRECT pylon ruins it for me

travsuz 02-09-2016 09:48 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
I think it looks awesome....gonna try and grab one if I can!

RedRoo 02-09-2016 09:57 PM

Re: JC Wings United 777
 
Beautiful model, I like that livery a lot.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.