Boring - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Boring

This site which is run and supervised very well is getting very boring too come on. Dialogue is great as long as photos are involved. All members on this site are great and informative but stop all the bull****ting and show more photos PLEASE. Also stop asking dumb questions: example---How do I straighten a crooked vertical fin or a crooked landing gear or a wing that separated from the fuselage common sense should answer questions like these. If something on a model is not right but is repairable try fixing it. Use the one thing we are all endowed with COMMON SENSE. Show pictures of common sense and keep questions to a minimum. Just my thinking and if a response is nescessary-Depotnomore, Jeff. All Comments Welcome
Good Night and Great Day
Tomorrow 01/05/16
Happy, healthy and very prosperous New Year to All
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2016, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,606
Default Re: Boring

why did you post this and not include pictures...?
YOWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

I don't have any models as of now but I expect to build my own in the near future. Sorry I do have one and it is a Phillipine Model TWA 707-323 reg N763TW which is not very accurate but it is a handsome model too display. I like seeing photos as they may give me some guidance from all of you great members. My post was not meant to offend but photos and dialogue are just a lot better than just words. My E-Mail is [email protected] please feel free too e-mail back or post a reply. Thanks for viewing and listening to me.
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 53
Posts: 5,746
Default Re: Boring

Well the really obvious question is:if we are boring,why do you come here? That is the strangest post in a while. No offense.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by depotnomore View Post
I don't have any models as of now but I expect to build my own in the near future. Sorry I do have one and it is a Phillipine Model TWA 707-323 reg N763TW which is not very accurate but it is a handsome model too display. I like seeing photos as they may give me some guidance from all of you great members. My post was not meant to offend but photos and dialogue are just a lot better than just words. My E-Mail is [email protected] please feel free too e-mail back or post a reply. Thanks for viewing and listening to me.
what??? a second post in this thread and still no photos???

bring on that twa 707 i say
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
Well the really obvious question is:if we are boring,why do you come here? That is the strangest post in a while. No offense.
well, he has to come in here to see whether it's still boring or not, doesn't he?
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 53
Posts: 5,746
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
well, he has to come in here to see whether it's still boring or not, doesn't he?
Good point. Just wait untill he starts using the word "Rare".
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Patman252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 187
Default Re: Boring



Here's a picture for you.
Patman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

Thanks Patman. I look just like the photo body wise not facial and I'm 65yrs old. Can U say the same? Hop, Skip and Jump to Bayonne come and intro u-self.
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Planes flown on Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 314
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWguy View Post
why did you post this and not include pictures...?
Lol, good question.

But honestly, there're bound to be many many stupid & naive Q's coming, as long as this forum existed.

I don't mind that honestly, so many things need to be attended outside of this forum that is called... LIFE
MASonatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

MAS exactly.
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

Amazing that one word (BORING) can cause a big stir in a modeling site. Can't even imaging saying something derogatory. WOW. I just voiced my opinion and I'm sorry I did.Stop answering and concentrate on your models and Life as Mas said. Or keep this going like some did with the young kid that was and no longer visits this forum.
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,606
Default Re: Boring

My grammar aint perfect, gramper is better though - two too's [is that a train I hear?] used incorrectly and this is a forum for diecast models - not lickem stickem plastic so I will wait with worms on my tongue to see just what this member 'builds'.



Quote:
Originally Posted by depotnomore View Post
I don't have any models as of now but I expect to build my own in the near future. Sorry I do have one and it is a Phillipine Model TWA 707-323 reg N763TW which is not very accurate but it is a handsome model too display. I like seeing photos as they may give me some guidance from all of you great members. My post was not meant to offend but photos and dialogue are just a lot better than just words. My E-Mail is [email protected] please feel free too e-mail back or post a reply. Thanks for viewing and listening to me.
YOWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

YOW (WOW) this is really what an Otta (OTTER) from OTAWA really looks like? Photo tells all this is why I like photos. Those two front teeth tell a whole volume. No text needed. SEE
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

Sorry I spelt OTTTTAWWAA or OTTERWA OTTAWA wrong forgive me brattawa. God bless the Queern.
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: Boring

Actually this guy is totally right. Many threads are completely useless and most of their authors don't bother to think on their own.
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
Actually this guy is totally right. Many threads are completely useless and most of their authors don't bother to think on their own.
Yes, an odd posting and topic and should have been posted in the "general skuawk" section but I AGREE!!!! Some don't bother to search the forum for previous topics before posting a new one. I'm also tired of the "the wing of my model fell out, what do I do" posts. Come one....it's common sense. We don't all have to know that your model is broken and explain how to fix it. I've fixed sooo many models that were damaged during shipping. Image if I posted every one.

Here's a picture for you though...got this one yesterday and it's a new favorite model of mine.

 photo B29F3E15-C118-49FB-8F06-FD12334D0B2F.jpg
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
bluetrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Irvine
Posts: 477
Default Re: Boring

congratulations you finally got the HK trader. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsuz View Post
Yes, an odd posting and topic and should have been posted in the "general skuawk" section but I AGREE!!!! Some don't bother to search the forum for previous topics before posting a new one. I'm also tired of the "the wing of my model fell out, what do I do" posts. Come one....it's common sense. We don't all have to know that your model is broken and explain how to fix it. I've fixed sooo many models that were damaged during shipping. Image if I posted every one.

Here's a picture for you though...got this one yesterday and it's a new favorite model of mine.
bluetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 53
Posts: 5,746
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsuz View Post
Yes, an odd posting and topic and should have been posted in the "general skuawk" section but I AGREE!!!! Some don't bother to search the forum for previous topics before posting a new one. I'm also tired of the "the wing of my model fell out, what do I do" posts. Come one....it's common sense. We don't all have to know that your model is broken and explain how to fix it. I've fixed sooo many models that were damaged during shipping. Image if I posted every one.

Here's a picture for you though...got this one yesterday and it's a new favorite model of mine.

 photo B29F3E15-C118-49FB-8F06-FD12334D0B2F.jpg
That is a beautiful aircraft/livery combo agreed. Being a freighter for the most part collector,I can't believe I don't have it yet. And look,you included a picture.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dr. Diecast I presume?
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default Re: Boring

So, you have one model and a whole 15 posts in exactly SEVEN years.

That is the epitome of boring...as in a boring DAC member. Feel free to take your boring self to any other forum besides here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
Actually this guy is totally right. Many threads are completely useless and most of their authors don't bother to think on their own.
While this is true, the OP (original poster) has done zip to actually change this, either today or for the past 7 years.
N. Eberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
DC8-dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lake County, Fl
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Eberhard View Post
So, you have one model and a whole 15 posts in exactly SEVEN years.

That is the epitome of boring...as in a boring DAC member. Feel free to take your boring self to any other forum besides here.



While this is true, the OP (original poster) has done zip to actually change this, either today or for the past 7 years.
And 8 of those 15 posts are in this silly thread alone....
DC8-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Aviation Maniac
 
SgtMoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: Boring

The irony of this post is too high!

2 of my latest arrivals, absolutely beautiful

SgtMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 53
Posts: 5,746
Default Re: Boring

Oh look,pictures,I like pictures.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitehorse
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by depotnomore View Post
This site which is run and supervised very well is getting very boring too come on. Dialogue is great as long as photos are involved. All members on this site are great and informative but stop all the bull****ting and show more photos PLEASE. Also stop asking dumb questions: example---How do I straighten a crooked vertical fin or a crooked landing gear or a wing that separated from the fuselage common sense should answer questions like these. If something on a model is not right but is repairable try fixing it. Use the one thing we are all endowed with COMMON SENSE. Show pictures of common sense and keep questions to a minimum. Just my thinking and if a response is nescessary-Depotnomore, Jeff. All Comments Welcome
Good Night and Great Day
Tomorrow 01/05/16
Happy, healthy and very prosperous New Year to All
I just think people are posting for the sake of posting because the manufacturers are no longer capturing our imaginations. This "hobby" has become a corporate billboard for modern jet manufacturers and airlines. We're only being treated to something unique once in a blue moon. Everything else is rather dull and predictable.
Zendocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
Oh look,pictures,I like pictures.
had to do a double take to make sure this wasn't posted by 'sarcasm' instead
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendocon View Post
I just think people are posting for the sake of posting because the manufacturers are no longer capturing our imaginations. This "hobby" has become a corporate billboard for modern jet manufacturers and airlines. We're only being treated to something unique once in a blue moon. Everything else is rather dull and predictable.
well i say better to be posting than to lurk about doing absolutely nothing. some people have lives outside this forum... but some live in the forum, just lurking
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
ArcLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 430
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWguy View Post
why did you post this and not include pictures...?
OMG!! I hope I'm not violating any decorum or protocol here, but that was SERIOUSLY funny...

In keeping with the spirit of the original post in this thread I'm posting a pic...

Photos: Boeing EA-18G Growler Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

I hope one day someone will buy the Witty Growler mold and put out some new schemes, the one above is one of may faves..
ArcLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
----------------
 
B-16707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SFO
Posts: 9,340
Default Re: Boring

Ill put in my 2 cents however and say that this forum got boring when folks went wild over diecast. Thats one less aspect of diversity. Good 'ol days of dac as I remember it are defo gone.

Last edited by B-16707; 01-05-2016 at 10:03 PM.
B-16707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bayonne,NJ USA
Posts: 25
Default Re: Boring

Nick the Di_k. kiss off and have me removed. If you are some sort of retailer you must treat your customers like they are morons by the way you conduct yourself. I like seeing what others accomplish and how they do things. That is the major reason I visit DAC. K my A.
depotnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 53
Posts: 5,746
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcLight View Post
OMG!! I hope I'm not violating any decorum or protocol here, but that was SERIOUSLY funny...

In keeping with the spirit of the original post in this thread I'm posting a pic...

Photos: Boeing EA-18G Growler Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

I hope one day someone will buy the Witty Growler mold and put out some new schemes, the one above is one of may faves..
I'm not good with military stuff. Is that a "Super Hornet"? The Blue Angels are getting them.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN
 
Rockybudgeboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NEWMARKET
Posts: 4,605
Default Re: Boring

I leave my comments to the meme

Last edited by Rockybudgeboa; 01-28-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Rockybudgeboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitehorse
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
well i say better to be posting than to lurk about doing absolutely nothing. some people have lives outside this forum... but some live in the forum, just lurking
If that's directed at me, I don't get it. You can see I've posted nearly 1300 times. Hardly a lurker.
Zendocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendocon View Post
If that's directed at me, I don't get it. You can see I've posted nearly 1300 times. Hardly a lurker.
nope. try again

oops... i almost forgot this:

Last edited by tomcatter; 03-16-2016 at 11:24 PM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #34 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 11,900
Default Re: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-16707 View Post
Ill put in my 2 cents however and say that this forum got boring when folks went wild over diecast. Thats one less aspect of diversity. Good 'ol days of dac as I remember it are defo gone.
It is a diecast forum!
__________________
Gemini Jets 400 Scale....the company collectors love to hate but love to collect..
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:26 AM   #35 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Boring

this thread is making this forum interesting with each new post!

Last edited by tomcatter; 03-16-2016 at 11:24 PM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:10 AM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: singapore
Posts: 285
Default Re: Boring

actually the thread starter nail it.

when people are getting upset over comparison. we should all tone down and discuss about things not relating to branding.
fongee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #37 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Mystère's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midway between Omaha Beach and Paris.
Age: 51
Posts: 2,839
Default Re: Boring

Contributing



__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Open your eyes, because the revolution won't be televised"

Still looking for following 1/400 models :
AIR FRANCE Concorde F-BVFC & F-BVFD
AIR FRANCE 747 delivery colors F-BPVH
Mystère is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Latest Threads
- by BA2936
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.