New InFlight Preorder Announcement - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
showland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,876
Default New InFlight Preorder Announcement


American Airlines Boeing 747-121 N743PA with stand polished



NASA Boeing 747 N905NA with stand polished



China Airlines Boeing 747-409 B-18210 with stand polished



South African Airways Boeing 747SP with stand polished
__________________
Steven Howland, President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Always great service. Always great prices.
Always free shipping on orders over $150 (48 states) using coupon code "FREESHIPPING". Subscribe to our email newsletter for more specials and discount codes.
Now with a new loyalty reward points program. Earn points on every purchase to save even more money on future purchases.

Last edited by showland; 10-05-2015 at 05:28 PM.
showland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

That China Airlines will be awesome! I had the original IF version at one time and it was a really beautiful model!

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...iew-19533.html
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,860
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

wrong thread!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!

Last edited by robertjon5; 10-05-2015 at 05:39 PM.
robertjon5 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

I really wish InFlight would catch up on the releases that they have already announced instead of announcing more new releases. The backlog is pretty substantial at this point, and having their own factory doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
A6-EGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 527
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
I really wish InFlight would catch up on the releases that they have already announced instead of announcing more new releases. The backlog is pretty substantial at this point, and having their own factory doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.
When IF200 announces new releases every week or 2 weeks, their announcements are no longer exciting as few years ago, but becoming more and more annoying instead...........
A6-EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Douglas Jet Collector
 
DC-Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 357
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
I really wish InFlight would catch up on the releases that they have already announced instead of announcing more new releases. The backlog is pretty substantial at this point, and having their own factory doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.
Couldn't agree more.
DC-Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
o0javi0o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 379
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

I've preordered that China Airlines. So beautiful!!!!!
__________________
My Collection:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o0javi0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In a cave
Posts: 147
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
I really wish InFlight would catch up on the releases that they have already announced instead of announcing more new releases. The backlog is pretty substantial at this point, and having their own factory doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.
Have some Inflights on long preorders , but JC WINGS are not much better -have some models on preorder ( and paid for ) 5 months now , namely SIA 773 and the Concorde is slow to come through.
However they are making improvements to their models and listening to feedback.
Gemini have the right way of doing things - ANNOUNCE > DISTRIBUTE
The manufacturers are obviously waiting for enough preorders before they produce the item.
It would be good to see some of the modified IF 773s start to come through soon - a mould which has GREAT promise.
A350FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Homer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 656
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

US customers get their models 3 months or so after they are released in Hong Kong. I find this kind of ridiculous in this day and age. How can Gemini stay on top of their monthly releases?
They also ship by sea and manage to deliver their products on time.
Very frustrating indeed.
Hope Inflight will be able to solve this issue for the US customers
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,002
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

There are so many important classic 747-100/200 left and what does Inflight come up with? Some crude NASA stuff, that will collect dust on the retailer's shelfs. Pass...
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
StillAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: FRA
Age: 57
Posts: 1,891
Thumbs down Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

And a re-release of that CHINA AIRLINES B744..-

Indeed a beautiful plane but I would love to see their SKY TEAM B744
StillAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

I was gonna pass too... But then I saw this stunning SAA 747SP...
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
jetfly1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ARADIPPOU
Posts: 2,678
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

The ''white'' AA B747 looks nice. I am glad l managed to grab the polished AA B747 released about a year ago.

Regards Modestos
__________________
My collection:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jetfly1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350FAN View Post
Have some Inflights on long preorders , but JC WINGS are not much better -have some models on preorder ( and paid for ) 5 months now , namely SIA 773 and the Concorde is slow to come through.
However they are making improvements to their models and listening to feedback.
Gemini have the right way of doing things - ANNOUNCE > DISTRIBUTE
The manufacturers are obviously waiting for enough preorders before they produce the item.
It would be good to see some of the modified IF 773s start to come through soon - a mould which has GREAT promise.
True, but JCW usually does release their models within a month or so of their announcement. The Concorde and the revised 777-300ER are both either new molds or new engine molds in the case of the 777, so some delay is understandable. What IS NOT understandable is why the SIA 777-300ER was delayed so long and then released on the old JCW 777-300ER mold without the new engines.

I agree with you about the InFlight 777-300ER mold. I'm anxious to see pictures of the revised mold. I think it will be a winner.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitehorse
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

These all look great. However, I'm still waiting on the polished CP Air Expo 86 DC-10 that feels like it was announced half a year ago. C'mon, Inflight. Catch up!
Zendocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
1:200 and 1:72 Collector
 
geeforce9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Exeter
Age: 40
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

I have the original Dynasty Dreamliner, she is a stunner, so nice to see a few collectors will also get a chance to net her. I'll be taking the Springbok -SP myself, and perhaps the American too, tho I'll wait to see the finished product first...maybe next summer??

I do agree with a lot of people here though, there are so many other releases to come out, I think they need to concentrate on these first.

I also think that rather than rereleasing so many models, how about a few new releases? I've said this many times before: NW Bowling Show 747-400!!
Also wouldn't mind seeing some more unusual schemes, such as Fiji/Air Pacific, old school Asiana, Aerolineas Argentinas, old scheme Saudia and new for that matter, Iberia, UTA, SAS, Canadian Airlines, Wardair, JAL Skycruiser, Virgin old scheme, and latest too, some classic African birds such as Air Gabon, Air Afrique, Egyptair...the possibilities are endless...
come to think of it, there is one gaping hole in the line-up too...a Boeing House colours 747-400!
__________________
Regards, Andy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by geeforce9; 10-06-2015 at 01:34 PM.
geeforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Douglas Jet Collector
 
DC-Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 357
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendocon View Post
These all look great. However, I'm still waiting on the polished CP Air Expo 86 DC-10 that feels like it was announced half a year ago. C'mon, Inflight. Catch up!
I thought I was the only one to feel like this. The wait will be worth it if it looks as good as I hope it does.
DC-Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Douglas Jet Collector
 
DC-Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 357
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeforce9 View Post
I also think that rather than rereleasing so many models, how about a few new releases? I've said this many times before: NW Bowling Show 747-400!!
I have a hard time believing that this hasn't been released myself. I imagine it would be hugely popular. I'd even consider getting one myself, even though it's outside my criteria for my collection, as I saw and photographed many at KMSP. Very nice looking aircraft and livery.
DC-Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S
Posts: 137
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

I'm also frustrated with IF's continual announcement of new models before the production of previously announced ones.

On the bright side, I am very glad to see NASA's 905, which is one of the most important and storied aircraft in history, having been active for over 40 years. You could build an entire collection just based on different liveries/configurations for this aircraft. I had the pleasure of watching its final flight (also the space shuttle's final delivery) back in 2012 and would be happy to add this plane to my collection.

I look forward to one day seeing the SOPHIA 747 released as well, another NASA bird with an amazing history (originally flew for Pan Am and still active today!).
vg747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Line up and wait
 
AlphaBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 981
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg747 View Post
I look forward to one day seeing the SOPHIA 747 released as well, another NASA bird with an amazing history (originally flew for Pan Am and still active today!).
Yes, yes, yes!
AlphaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Airliner Fanatic
 
leongrnfld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg.
Posts: 429
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
There are so many important classic 747-100/200 left and what does Inflight come up with? Some crude NASA stuff, that will collect dust on the retailer's shelfs. Pass...
I 100% agree with you certain subjects such as the NASA 747
are a really BAD choice of colour schemes !

I want to see the EL AL B742 in delivery colours andthe Swissair DC-10
in the CORRECT delivery colours (unlike the previous IF200 release). -amongst others.

There are many other desireable models the IF200 is not producing !
leongrnfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In a cave
Posts: 147
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
True, but JCW usually does release their models within a month or so of their announcement. The Concorde and the revised 777-300ER are both either new molds or new engine molds in the case of the 777, so some delay is understandable. What IS NOT understandable is why the SIA 777-300ER was delayed so long and then released on the old JCW 777-300ER mold without the new engines.

I agree with you about the InFlight 777-300ER mold. I'm anxious to see pictures of the revised mold. I think it will be a winner.
Roll on ANZ All Blacks JC B773 see if the critics criticisms have been answered.
Inflight - get it right with your changes, and we as collectors , will have some exciting releases coming along.

Inflight should now refine their 747 mould in the wing root area.

Last edited by A350FAN; 10-09-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: change
A350FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Baerke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Roermond, Netherlands
Age: 48
Posts: 4,264
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Agreed, I would like much more boeing 747-300's!!
__________________
KLM fanatic, also Lufthansa, Air France, Delta, Pan Am, Swissair, Sabena etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Baerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: East Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 830
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg747 View Post
I look forward to one day seeing the SOPHIA 747 released as well, another NASA bird with an amazing history (originally flew for Pan Am and still active today!).
NASA905 will be nice to have but in my opinion SOFIA is becoming a must-do for IF - properly done I mean, not the cheap *** ex United jib they did a few years ago... I shall be having words!!!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
dash7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 48
Posts: 428
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

OK, but it seems like IF200 goes into "niche" market with some releases - recently announced NASA 747 or ElAl (no titles a la Avianca cs), or fantasy c/s. Anyway - what about European airlines - except usual BA/BOAC/KLM/SR/AF five - maybe there is some interest (bigger than NASA 747) in eg. TAP delivery scheme, Martinair, Sabena.. I wonder -which manufacturer will discover first that Iberia also operated 747..
dash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
24r
Insane Collector
 
24r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mississauga, Ontario,Canada
Age: 60
Posts: 1,246
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash7 View Post
OK, but it seems like IF200 goes into "niche" market with some releases - recently announced NASA 747 or ElAl (no titles a la Avianca cs), or fantasy c/s. Anyway - what about European airlines - except usual BA/BOAC/KLM/SR/AF five - maybe there is some interest (bigger than NASA 747) in eg. TAP delivery scheme, Martinair, Sabena.. I wonder -which manufacturer will discover first that Iberia also operated 747..
Yes but the ElAl B-747 had the wrong font used. We waited so long for a model that was not correct.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Your Canadian Alternative Choice For Airline Diecast Models.
24r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
r3500vdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

What I find most annoying about Inflight200 is that I need to visit 3 or 4 retailers, and check a multitude of forums to get the complete list of releases. Why can't Inflight200 be a bit more organized with this.

This is what I have so far:

Virgin Atlantic (White) Concorde G-VSST
Virgin Atlantic (silver) Concorde G-FAST
Airport 79 (Movie) Concorde F-BTSC
Air France / British Airways Concorde F-WTSB
South African Airways Boeing 747SP ZS-SPE
China Airlines Boeing 747-409 B-18210
NASA Boeing 747-123 N905NA (American Livery)
American Airlines Boeing 747-121 N743PA
Qantas Airways Boeing 747-438 VH-OJA
British Caledonian Boeing 747-200 G-HUGE
Ansett Australia Boeing 747-400 VH-ANB
Ansett Australia Boeing 747-300 VH-INK
Pan Am Cargo Boeing 747-100 N903PA
Eastern Boeing 747-100 N731PA
Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 9V-SPP
Thai Airways Boeing 747-400 HS-TGW
El Al Boeing 747-100 4X-AXZ
Dragonair Lockheed L-1011-1-100 VR-HMW
__________________
Mathieu [More of my diecast photos at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
r3500vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,860
Default Re: New InFlight Preorder Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3500vdp View Post
What I find most annoying about Inflight200 is that I need to visit 3 or 4 retailers, and check a multitude of forums to get the complete list of releases. Why can't Inflight200 be a bit more organized with this.

This is what I have so far:

Virgin Atlantic (White) Concorde G-VSST
Virgin Atlantic (silver) Concorde G-FAST
Airport 79 (Movie) Concorde F-BTSC
Air France / British Airways Concorde F-WTSB
South African Airways Boeing 747SP ZS-SPE
China Airlines Boeing 747-409 B-18210
NASA Boeing 747-123 N905NA (American Livery)
American Airlines Boeing 747-121 N743PA
Qantas Airways Boeing 747-438 VH-OJA
British Caledonian Boeing 747-200 G-HUGE
Ansett Australia Boeing 747-400 VH-ANB
Ansett Australia Boeing 747-300 VH-INK
Pan Am Cargo Boeing 747-100 N903PA
Eastern Boeing 747-100 N731PA
Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 9V-SPP
Thai Airways Boeing 747-400 HS-TGW
El Al Boeing 747-100 4X-AXZ
Dragonair Lockheed L-1011-1-100 VR-HMW
thanks for the list! no less than 12 out of 18 are full 747s!!!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Latest Threads
- by BA2936
- by KLM4me
- by Adour
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.