QC Issues on Fedex MD-11 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 103
Default QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Can someone explain why I have had three Gemini FedEx MD-11s and all three have had different quality issues??

My first model I returned because of scratches over the fuselage.
The second model had detached wings.
My third model has the two engines rattling around in the box.

I also received a Herpa 1/200 Varig 707 with a bent antenna and paint peeling off.

Are these made in the same factory by any chance?
filar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Aviation Maniac
 
SgtMoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

At first i thought this was real, then after looking at the name of the poster I understood why hahahaha
SgtMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SRH
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Because you are the No.1 BSter attack JC/GJ all the time and "Like" IF whatever they made. Pretty sure you are from this factory, may I suggest you creat a new ID to post this kind of story ?
BTW, another thread about this model
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ex-md-11f.html
TONKA is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
B747 Junky
 
StarAllianceFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,205
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMoody View Post
At first i thought this was real, then after looking at the name of the poster I understood why hahahaha
Oi vey, same here.
__________________

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ramp Collector
 
AirbusHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 259
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

And what is the problem if this guy likes IF?
The same happens with other members here, who only like JC.
It works both ways, its a forum right? Its all ok when some of you guys "critic" any other model from any other manufacturer, but when someone critics " your" manufacturer, you get all sensitive!
As for the factory, well, someone here can confirm this, but the Gemini models are coming from JC factory, they have confirmed this.Someone also mentioned the Herpa models coming from there, too, but maybe someone from JC can confirm.
AirbusHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by filar39 View Post
Can someone explain why I have had three Gemini FedEx MD-11s and all three have had different quality issues??

My first model I returned because of scratches over the fuselage.
The second model had detached wings.
My third model has the two engines rattling around in the box.

I also received a Herpa 1/200 Varig 707 with a bent antenna and paint peeling off.

Are these made in the same factory by any chance?
Not a big surprise to see these comments...

TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 27
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

I think it's Gods little way of saying get out of the hobby.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
hassaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lahore
Posts: 250
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

we must point out the errors so that manufactures know what we collectors are perceiving about them after spending some serious bucks
__________________
There is a new life after getting AIR BORNE !
hassaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

I have received lots of models from all manufacturers with detached wings and engines. That is a super easy fix and no need to return.
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
hassaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lahore
Posts: 250
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsuz View Post
I have received lots of models from all manufacturers with detached wings and engines. That is a super easy fix and no need to return.
Same here , sometimes during shipping and poor handling you receive them as such and they are easy fix with tad amount of Glue !
__________________
There is a new life after getting AIR BORNE !
hassaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMoody View Post
At first i thought this was real, then after looking at the name of the poster I understood why hahahaha
Same here!
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,654
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyHA View Post
I think it's Gods little way of saying get out of the hobby.
Hehehehe. Good one.
I think you are right!
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Aviation Maniac
 
SgtMoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusHouse View Post
And what is the problem if this guy likes IF?
The same happens with other members here, who only like JC.
It works both ways, its a forum right? Its all ok when some of you guys "critic" any other model from any other manufacturer, but when someone critics " your" manufacturer, you get all sensitive!
As for the factory, well, someone here can confirm this, but the Gemini models are coming from JC factory, they have confirmed this.Someone also mentioned the Herpa models coming from there, too, but maybe someone from JC can confirm.
Fair criticism is always acknowledged and accepted by real collectors. Most JC fanboys will accept the flaws of JC models, similarly most IF fanboys will accept the flaws of IF models. As for this guy(filar39), just click his name and look at his post history and if by then you are still wondering why we are laughing at him, god help you hahaha
SgtMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Economy cl*** collector
 
Blue Angel No.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 42
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

filet, you are so full of $#!+. Yeah, what Capt. Spock said.
__________________
No no no no no... Papoy..... Ahhh papoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blue Angel No.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 11,900
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Funny I spoke to the distributor today and they have not had one FED EX MD-11 return or have any dealers mentioned returning models...I guess this must have been a dream of yours..BUSTED.....

Fact: your Anti Gemini so why order 3????

now go away and play somewhere else...
__________________
Gemini Jets 400 Scale....the company collectors love to hate but love to collect..
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S
Posts: 137
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Yeah, it became kind of clear when he complained about "detached wings"

Even disregarding the identity of OP, he went one complaint too far
vg747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 27
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
Funny I spoke to the distributor today and they have not had one FED EX MD-11 return or have any dealers mentioned returning models...I guess this must have been a dream of yours..BUSTED.....

Fact: your Anti Gemini so why order 3????

now go away and play somewhere else...
That's because the mould is one of the best GJ has put out. Havent had an issue with it yet. I think Filar left the womb a bit too early.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Ghostk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Morbihan
Age: 41
Posts: 848
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

just rated this thread as terrible.... Filar : lying is not a good thing
__________________
Swanny,

My favorites are 747, 777, 787, 737 in 1/200

my best model is Herpa Premium KLM B747-400
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



my bad : 1/200 addicted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ghostk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

I really love the FedEx MD-11. Looks beautiful with the 777F!
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
A6-EGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 527
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by filar39 View Post
Can someone explain why I have had three Gemini FedEx MD-11s and all three have had different quality issues??

My first model I returned because of scratches over the fuselage.
The second model had detached wings.
My third model has the two engines rattling around in the box.

I also received a Herpa 1/200 Varig 707 with a bent antenna and paint peeling off.

Are these made in the same factory by any chance?

I would like to teach you a smarter way of attacking GJ/JC.... please open a new account and say the same thing again. Then more people will believe in what you say.
A6-EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Citris717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 411
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsuz View Post
I really love the FedEx MD-11. Looks beautiful with the 777F!
I can't agree with you more! The FedEx MD-11 looks awesome! Especially when placed with the FedEx 777s.
Citris717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
1/200 civil|1/72 military
 
nurunet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toulouse, France
Posts: 920
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg747 View Post
Yeah, it became kind of clear when he complained about "detached wings"

Even disregarding the identity of OP, he went one complaint too far
Unfortunately, my G200 AA MD-11 arrived with a detached wing. Said wing had hit the fuselage in transit, creating little marks and scratches in the polished surface. So while a detached wing is normal and easily fixable, it can lead to other issues.

That said, the model is gorgeous and my retailer very friendly. He said I could get an exchange, but I am currently wondering if it is really worth the hassle of sending it back.
__________________
Successfully bought from: vertigo, LH456, STEVEJ, jixer, 40612, qantas747, HTF200, smanish, Alcon Air, 747-400ERX, AirCanada881, Flight777, crownvic, GiveMeWings, callume190, kevin_flikweert

Successfully sold to: jsjscd9a, Roarer, smanish, fleetlordatvar, DELTA-711, laviru93doodle, sizmo7, ramjet77, mik211, geeforce9, Surinam Air 747, Taiga04, jcruznegron, Buckeyes14, cowlesco, Sonka, Spanish Dragon, fin_airplane_collector
nurunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: ...
Posts: 6,822
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

So the guy can actually be right about what he is saying. In Filars case I think it will turn as Cry Wolf, but one thing is certain; DA.C does NOT represent the whole of collectors outhere.
There are people buying these models that havent even heard of this place, they know the brands, they buy the models, and whatever good or bad happens is not coming here for everybody to know.
To measure one manufacturers success (or failure?) based on posts and threads around here is far from being the real thing.
Visiting ARD so often I have met collectors who have a large number of models, and naturally in the middle of that conversation have mentioned Dac, most of them just reply that all they like and they want is to buy models and enjoy the models, that they dont have time to go on forums...
If some models were not on display, I would open boxes to photograph them, and more than once only to find loose parts, from every manufacturer, so these things do happen.
Again, its a cry wolf situation.
Retroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
aae991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,248
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroguy View Post
So the guy can actually be right about what he is saying. In Filars case I think it will turn as Cry Wolf, but one thing is certain; DA.C does NOT represent the whole of collectors outhere.
There are people buying these models that havent even heard of this place, they know the brands, they buy the models, and whatever good or bad happens is not coming here for everybody to know.
To measure one manufacturers success (or failure?) based on posts and threads around here is far from being the real thing.
Visiting ARD so often I have met collectors who have a large number of models, and naturally in the middle of that conversation have mentioned Dac, most of them just reply that all they like and they want is to buy models and enjoy the models, that they dont have time to go on forums...
If some models were not on display, I would open boxes to photograph them, and more than once only to find loose parts, from every manufacturer, so these things do happen.
Again, its a cry wolf situation.
Damn - and I thought the world revolved around D.A.C.
aae991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 103
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Hey Tonka, I couldn't be as deceitful as you - if the cap fits then wear it pal!! This is why you hide behind many names trying to unsuccessfully promote a failing JC product line.

Of course Gemini won't own up to the massive amount of JC made returns would they? I am entitled to say what I have experienced.

I am looking forward to the SMA MD-11 - Hopefully unlike JC they will use some glue!!
filar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 27
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by filar39 View Post
Hey Tonka, I couldn't be as deceitful as you - if the cap fits then wear it pal!! This is why you hide behind many names trying to unsuccessfully promote a failing JC product line.

Of course Gemini won't own up to the massive amount of JC made returns would they? I am entitled to say what I have experienced.

I am looking forward to the SMA MD-11 - Hopefully unlike JC they will use some glue!!
I've said it once and I will say it again, you are a cancer to this forum with your nonsensical hatred towards a manufacturer.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
1:200 and 1:72 Collector
 
geeforce9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Exeter
Age: 40
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: QC Issues on Fedex MD-11

After checking out Steves pics and ABs hangar thread, I've got to agree with Spock in this case.
__________________
Regards, Andy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
geeforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Latest Threads
- by Big Al
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.