EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
s3714
 
s3714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: EARTH
Posts: 126
Send a message via MSN to s3714 Send a message via Skype™ to s3714
Default EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718



Classical miniature of Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft in the colors of the
company EVA Airways.

Registered Number : B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

> Decoration by pad printing and finishing varnish
> High-quality details
> Movable vanes in engines
> Rotatable landing gear
> With a stand
> Model produced under Boeing license

Brand: ALBATROS
Decoration: EVA AIRWAYS
Scale: 1/200
Length: 31.9 cm
Wingspan: 30.50 cm

FOR MORE SELLING INFO:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fwD...dfXc4/viewform
__________________
I would like to fly!

Last edited by s3714; 04-03-2015 at 02:50 PM.
s3714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Gunship01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,471
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Plastic or diecast?
__________________
Now where's that 747-400 club?
More Lufthansa and Virgin Atlantic 744s!!
By all that is holy.... MORE Cathay Pacific (NC) and British Airways!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gunship01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
1:200 Collector
 
PH-BUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 5
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Diecast, more info on the selling info link. Seems to be made on the Gemini/JC200 B777 mould.
__________________
____________________________________________
My collection (click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Future wishlist
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


B747-200/400 KLM OC
A330-300, B767-300 KLM NC
B747-200/400 Northwest BSL
A330-300 Northwest NC
B747-400, B777-200, B767-300 United BGL
PH-BUK is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Already discussed here in this thread. There is a concern, however.

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ort-final.html

The concern is that the name "ALBATROS" will be printer across the bottom of the model in bold letters. That would be a deal killer for me.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
CathayPacific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong - Vancouver
Posts: 1,460
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

I'd be very interested as long as it doesn't have albatross across the bottom of the fuselage.
CathayPacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Collector
 
wonglw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 551
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
Already discussed here in this thread. There is a concern, however.

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ort-final.html

The concern is that the name "ALBATROS" will be printer across the bottom of the model in bold letters. That would be a deal killer for me.
Hello there, can i check with you, the last previous release of albatros china airlines 707 and 737 comes with the name albatros at the bottom???? Else how do you know that this will also have the name underneathe? Just curious....kibdly advise....
wonglw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonglw3 View Post
Hello there, can i check with you, the last previous release of albatros china airlines 707 and 737 comes with the name albatros at the bottom???? Else how do you know that this will also have the name underneathe? Just curious....kibdly advise....
As I said, I'm 100 percent sure whether this model will have the name underneath, but here are some examples of their previous products:



And you might even see its name on the box, for instance(this C-130 was their last product, also made by Inflight200):


http://www.aviationretaildirect.com/...9th-af93-1314/
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,606
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Definition of Albatross may apply here:a : something that causes persistent deep concern or anxiety
b : something that greatly hinders accomplishment
YOWguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Collector
 
wonglw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 551
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusGeorge View Post
As I said, I'm 100 percent sure whether this model will have the name underneath, but here are some examples of their previous products:



And you might even see its name on the box, for instance(this C-130 was their last product, also made by Inflight200):


ALBM001 | Albatros 1:200 | Lockheed C-130H Hercules ROC Air Force AF93-1314, Taiwan 439th - Aviation Retail Direct
Now I see how crappy this can be with that long name......could have simply leave out the name or print it smaller near the stand hole.....
wonglw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

My guess would be, because of the deep seated love between Taiwan and China (snark), any Taiwanese Airline, in order to get a license or permission, has to be released under a different name. Hence 'Albatros'.

Just a guess, but I bet the box does NOT have made in China (Hong Kong) on it either.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
My guess would be, because of the deep seated love between Taiwan and China (snark), any Taiwanese Airline, in order to get a license or permission, has to be released under a different name. Hence 'Albatros'.

Just a guess, but I bet the box does NOT have made in China (Hong Kong) on it either.
No offense, but I disagree. Remember JC wings' previous release: EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER "Hello Kitty" and China Airlines Airbus A340-300 "Climate Monitoring" livery? BTW, if you look closely, you will see there's actually "Made in China" letters on bottom-left.
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Really wish they did a better job of stamp printing the name. And it could have been much smaller too!
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusGeorge View Post
No offense, but I disagree. Remember JC wings' previous release: EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER "Hello Kitty" and China Airlines Airbus A340-300 "Climate Monitoring" livery? BTW, if you look closely, you will see there's actually "Made in China" letters on bottom-left.
I stand corrected. It was just a guess. Aparently not an educated one. No offense taken.

The 2 models that you mention are both JCW releases. I wonder if 'Albatros' is another off brand release form IF tom avoid licensing issues just like their JFox brand? I would be interested in any feedback that you have.

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 04-04-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
I wonder if 'Albatros' is another off brand release form IF just like their JFox brand?
If I'm not mistaken, unlike Jfox, 'Albatros' is just a retailer like Aviation Retail Direct(ARD), though you might see the brand on their products.
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 81
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Well, I am a junior collector in Taiwan, here's what I've known.
Albatros is a virtual online store's name on the local web bidding platform. The owner of the store is a young man who's being selling plane models online for years. Believe he is one of the major online die-cast model reseller in Taiwan.
Since Albatros is a reseller for years, he certainly has relationship to IF, Phoenix and GJ. Just like JFOX, Albatros would order in batch and have his logo imprinted.
As for the licensing issues, almost all Taiwanese Airlines refuse to have 3rd party licensing their aircraft. The only opportunity is the airline release an official version. Like the EVA 777-300ER, the official was hogan one made by plastic. Therefore EVA is not going to make the die-cast one in the near future. Actually, I don't recall EVA made any big jet model (1:200) in metal.
__________________
my collection photos:
eddieyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Collector
 
wonglw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 551
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyu View Post
Well, I am a junior collector in Taiwan, here's what I've known.
Albatros is a virtual online store's name on the local web bidding platform. The owner of the store is a young man who's being selling plane models online for years. Believe he is one of the major online die-cast model reseller in Taiwan.
Since Albatros is a reseller for years, he certainly has relationship to IF, Phoenix and GJ. Just like JFOX, Albatros would order in batch and have his logo imprinted.
As for the licensing issues, almost all Taiwanese Airlines refuse to have 3rd party licensing their aircraft. The only opportunity is the airline release an official version. Like the EVA 777-300ER, the official was hogan one made by plastic. Therefore EVA is not going to make the die-cast one in the near future. Actually, I don't recall EVA made any big jet model (1:200) in metal.
Hi eddie, since you know the owner of Albatros, do you think you can give him the feedback on the printing of the name? I believe it may be a good try...i hope the manufacturing have not started for the twin EVA planes......crossing the fingers.......worth the try, eddie?....
wonglw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonglw3 View Post
Hi eddie, since you know the owner of Albatros, do you think you can give him the feedback on the printing of the name? I believe it may be a good try...i hope the manufacturing have not started for the twin EVA planes......crossing the fingers.......worth the try, eddie?....
You can try contact: [email protected] or [email protected] , good luck!

Last edited by TargusGeorge; 04-04-2015 at 01:06 PM.
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyu View Post
As for the licensing issues, almost all Taiwanese Airlines refuse to have 3rd party licensing their aircraft. The only opportunity is the airline release an official version. Like the EVA 777-300ER, the official was hogan one made by plastic. Therefore EVA is not going to make the die-cast one in the near future. Actually, I don't recall EVA made any big jet model (1:200) in metal.
Notify me if I had a misunderstanding. There are still some un-official EVA Air models such as JC wings' EVA Boeing 777-300ER "Hello Kitty" and BBOX EVA Air Boeing 747-400 combi. But if you were talking about the official one, indeed, there were no models in metal except 1/200 Hogan MD-90.
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Collector
 
wonglw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 551
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusGeorge View Post
You can try contact: [email protected] or [email protected] , good luck!
Hello guys, just to help everybody here, i have written an email to Albtros, lets see if they have solution to our concerns......

I'll update all if i receive any reply from Albatros......
wonglw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,344
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

WTF?????????? you guys are getting more and more PATHETIC everyday!!! not content with bitching/moaning/whining about cockpit windows, landing gear, cheatlines etc, you are NOW bitching/moaning/whining about the size of makers name on base of model!!!??? its their models and can put whatever size titles they want on them! if you do not like it, then tough. but NO, you even have to complain about that too!!! as I said TOTALLY PATHETIC!! :e vil: yet ANOTHER thread turns into a MOANING SESSION!!!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
wu6fiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 1,411
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
WTF?????????? you guys are getting more and more PATHETIC everyday!!! not content with bitching/moaning/whining about cockpit windows, landing gear, cheatlines etc, you are NOW bitching/moaning/whining about the size of makers name on base of model!!!??? its their models and can put whatever size titles they want on them! if you do not like it, then tough. but NO, you even have to complain about that too!!! as I said TOTALLY PATHETIC!! :e vil: yet ANOTHER thread turns into a MOANING SESSION!!!
100% agree. What a ridiculous "concern". Do these collectors actually spend time studying the underside of their models?

This constant whining and complaining on DAC is getting really old.

Add this supposed "issue" to the long list of other "issues" including the recent (and frequently brought up) "cheat line/windows are too high", the "front windows are not flat enough" and "if you put a straight edge on top of the 747, you can see a tiny little depression, about the width of a human hair".

"The manufacturers name is too big". Now I believe I actually have heard everything.:roll eyes:

Here's a news flash: the "Albatross" looks about the same size as "Gemini" on several of my models. The name doesn't bother me in the slightest.
__________________
Clipper fanatic

World's Most Experienced Airline

Last edited by wu6fiend; 04-04-2015 at 02:08 PM.
wu6fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
WTF?????????? you guys are getting more and more PATHETIC everyday!!! not content with bitching/moaning/whining about cockpit windows, landing gear, cheatlines etc, you are NOW bitching/moaning/whining about the size of makers name on base of model!!!??? its their models and can put whatever size titles they want on them! if you do not like it, then tough. but NO, you even have to complain about that too!!! as I said TOTALLY PATHETIC!! :e vil: yet ANOTHER thread turns into a MOANING SESSION!!!
You might not give a sh*t about what your models look like or where they come from, but I think most of us do. Finding out about where our models come from and potential licensing issues are some of the things that this forum was created for. I think this discussion is an honest attempt by most forum members to improve the hobby and get the most bang for their hobby dollars. If you can't recognize that, or the dissemination of that kind of knowledge bothers you that much, maybe this is not the place for you.

You are right about one thing, kind of. If we don't like the big titles, WE DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE MODEL, and TOUGH for the manufacturer. I think a lot of us are considering doing just that: either canceling pre-orders or not buying this model because of the large lettering. If the lettering changes, I may change my mind. This kind of discussion helps us make more informed buying decisions, and will directly help me to decide whether to cancel my pre-order. I hope wonglw3 does hear back from Albatros and lets us know what they said.

Sorry Robert, but I think you are the one that needs to get over it.

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 04-04-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu6fiend View Post
100% agree. What a ridiculous "concern". Do these collectors actually spend time studying the underside of their models?

This constant whining and complaining on DAC is getting really old.

Add this supposed "issue" to the long list of other "issues" including the recent (and frequently brought up) "cheat line/windows are too high", the "front windows are not flat enough" and "if you put a straight edge on top of the 747, you can see a tiny little depression, about the width of a human hair".

"The manufacturers name is too big". Now I believe I actually have heard everything.:roll eyes:

Here's a news flash: the "Albatross" looks about the same size as "Gemini" on several of my models. The name doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Ah, news flash. the 'Albatros' titles in the pictures above look HUGE compared to the Gemini logos that I have seen.

I'm glad this issue came up. I'm thinking about canceling my pre-order, and that is my right. I bet others are too. So the discussion of the size of the 'titles' had a lot of relevance for me and for others. Discussions like this are one of the major reasons that I like this forum.

This forum should be all about learning more about models, and not dictating what others should or should not be talking about, or judging the relevance of their comments.

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 04-04-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Mike777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 3,616
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

I agree with Charlie Alpha. No one should have to apologize or feel silly about nitpicking. If you spend your hard earned money on a model and it doesn't meet your expectations, you have a right to gripe about it. This entire hobby is somewhat anal retentive, anyway. Folks like robertjon and wu6fiend have made it clear that they don't have high standards for quality, and/or don't have much of an eye for detail; this allows them to dismiss flaws as being "too trivial to complain about", when in fact those same flaws bother other collectors. Look, reasonable people can disagree about where to draw the line in terms of what kinds of errors and QC issues they are willing to accept, but there is no need for vitriol toward us collectors who seek a higher standard.
Mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
wu6fiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 1,411
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike777 View Post
Folks like robertjon and wu6fiend have made it clear that they don't have high standards for quality, and/or don't have much of an eye for detail; this allows them to dismiss flaws as being "too trivial to complain about", when in fact those same flaws bother other collectors.
That's hilarious! My wife, family and friends would disagree with you regarding my supposedly low "standards for quality" and lack of an "eye for detail". I'm extremely detail oriented when it comes to important things, like my work, my financials, my personal hygiene and even when cleaning our house and vehicles.

I do not, however, obsess about arguably insignificant "issues" about little model airplanes. I regard these little trinkets more like art than a truly accurate representation of the real thing. The way some folks get irate about allegedly "wrong engines" or a tiny missing antenna on a little model, I shudder to think how you cope with real challenges in life like ill-health, financial pressures, or complicated family dynamics.

Anyway, carry on whining and complaining, don't let me stop you.

By the way, I love my IF200 models, despite all their apparently glaring, terrible flaws. I guess my inability to recognize "detail" and my low standards for quality allow me to enjoy them, and this hobby too despite some members on this forum.
__________________
Clipper fanatic

World's Most Experienced Airline
wu6fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu6fiend View Post
That's hilarious! My wife, family and friends would disagree with you regarding my supposedly low "standards for quality" and lack of an "eye for detail". I'm extremely detail oriented when it comes to important things, like my work, my financials, my personal hygiene and even when cleaning our house and vehicles.

I do not, however, obsess about arguably insignificant "issues" about little model airplanes. I regard these little trinkets more like art than a truly accurate representation of the real thing. The way some folks get irate about allegedly "wrong engines" or a tiny missing antenna on a little model, I shudder to think how you cope with real challenges in life like ill-health, financial pressures, or complicated family dynamics.

Anyway, carry on whining and complaining, don't let me stop you.

By the way, I love my IF200 models, despite all their apparently glaring, terrible flaws. I guess my inability to recognize "detail" and my low standards for quality allow me to enjoy them, and this hobby too despite some members on this forum.
I think you just made Mike777's point for him.

They may be trikets to you, but the rest of us spend our hard earned money for these models and some of us would like them as accurate as possible. It is hard to think of something costing $150 as a trinket. However anal you are in your personal life, it sure doesn't look to me like that extends to model aircraft!

But as you say this is an open forum , so please feel free to whine and complain about people whining and complaining.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Mike777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 3,616
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu6fiend View Post
That's hilarious! My wife, family and friends would disagree with you regarding my supposedly low "standards for quality" and lack of an "eye for detail". I'm extremely detail oriented when it comes to important things, like my work, my financials, my personal hygiene and even when cleaning our house and vehicles.

I do not, however, obsess about arguably insignificant "issues" about little model airplanes. I regard these little trinkets more like art than a truly accurate representation of the real thing. The way some folks get irate about allegedly "wrong engines" or a tiny missing antenna on a little model, I shudder to think how you cope with real challenges in life like ill-health, financial pressures, or complicated family dynamics.

Anyway, carry on whining and complaining, don't let me stop you.

By the way, I love my IF200 models, despite all their apparently glaring, terrible flaws. I guess my inability to recognize "detail" and my low standards for quality allow me to enjoy them, and this hobby too despite some members on this forum.
It's not surprising to hear that you are a detail oriented person. I am, too, as are most people who are involved in aviation (either professionally or as a hobby).

I'm not the nitpickiest of nitpickers about models, but who are you to judge me or anyone else who is bothered enough by a flaw to complain about it, even though you aren't? As you said, this is a hobby. Hobbies, especially collecting hobbies, tend to be outlets and elicit passion. Sometimes, that passion might take on the form of extreme perfectionism. Reasonable, level-headed people obviously realize we're not talking about life or death situations here. These are, after all, just model airplanes. You're trying to draw conclusions about how someone handles their personal life based on how "hardcore" of a nitpicker they are when it comes to our hobby. But that's silly, since, as you showcased yourself, there isn't necessarily carryover between how one's character traits reveal themselves in this hobby, and how they are revealed in real life situations.

At the end of the day, no one participates in this hobby unless they enjoy it. Even the most hardcore nitpickers and whiners get some type of satisfaction out of their models--even the "flawed" ones--or they wouldn't be on this forum. We all realize that no model is perfect and if we study them too hard, of course we could find something to take issue with. Duh. But pointing out flaws and trying to get the manufacturers to up their game is a good thing for the hobby. I don't think anyone has ever complained that a model is "too accurate."

In short, you've turned this discussion into a false dichotomy, wu6fiend. It's completely possible for someone to enjoy the heck out of their models, and this hobby in general, yet still complain about issues of accuracy. Nothing wrong with desiring a higher standard. And thankfully, the folks at SMA get that and seem to be aiming to meet those desires with their newly released, virtually flawless MD-11.

Last edited by Mike777; 04-04-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
WTF?????????? you guys are getting more and more PATHETIC everyday!!! not content with bitching/moaning/whining about cockpit windows, landing gear, cheatlines etc, you are NOW bitching/moaning/whining about the size of makers name on base of model!!!??? its their models and can put whatever size titles they want on them! if you do not like it, then tough. but NO, you even have to complain about that too!!! as I said TOTALLY PATHETIC!! :e vil: yet ANOTHER thread turns into a MOANING SESSION!!!
I knew I'm a rookie and don't have the right to speak with you like this. But what the heck is wrong with you? I was just talking about my CONCERN about the model and you got pissed off? Checking your post history, it seems that you really need some PATIENCE AND medicine, you can even be some mean just because a fourteen-year old kid made a stupid mistake. Let me ask you a simple question, when one of your favorite airline's fleet(livery) FINALLY had the chance to be released by a big manufacturer such as JCW, IF200, GJ etc. , will you be happy? But now, something changed, a small company possibly with big letters obviously be printed on the belly and box) released the same model (though it's been manufactured by a big company) with no quality, no nothing guaranteed, how do you feel? You might feel nothing because BOAC models have been released by IF200 more frequent, but look at EVA Air, the chances of re-release are almost extremely low, it's impossible for me to let go if I don't like it because there WON'T BE A NEXT TIME. I hope you understand me, just because you don't care doesn't mean the other don't. PATHETIC? NITPICKER? No!! I don't think so!!

Last edited by TargusGeorge; 04-04-2015 at 11:29 PM.
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
neilc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 879
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Hope some production pics surface soon. I have the ribbon version already pre-ordered(since December 1st!!!) and I may get the standard livery as well. It's understandable that some users don't want the unsightly 'A L B A T R O S' logo painted on the belly. But it's not something I would mind too much, especially if it's a well done release. What bothers me is this Albatros "company" isn't even invloved with the models production in any way...they just pay IF to put their name on it, which essentially botches the release for the hardcore collectors.

With the insane 3 to 12 month lead times and all the spinoffs leading to mass confusion, I'm gonna go ahead and say this will be my last Inflight preorder.
neilc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Hey guys, I just saw this news from 'Albatros' website yesterday, they said the delay is because the mould was absolutely new, they spent a lot of time designing it. I'm not sure what this means, but I think they weren't be using JC wings' Boeing 777-300ER mould. They said it will be ready soon(ETA April~May). The 'Albatros' letters will be printed on the models' belly and box, according to them. That's all I know for now.
Here's the pic.

Last edited by TargusGeorge; 04-05-2015 at 12:17 PM.
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Ok, at the risk of more 'nitpicket cry baby' comments, the new mold looks really disappointing.

The 'new' GE-90 engine mold is really bad, and the pylon is all wrong. The engine looks too small, almost as if Albatros took the old Hogan mold and copied it is metal and made it smaller. The shape is way off too. The GE-90 has a slight but distinctive 'hump' in the top of the engine that crests at the front tip of the pylon, and from there tapers down slightly to the fan intake, not straight forward like this mold. You can really see how under sized the engine is from the top view. The engine exhaust section, in contrast, is over sized.

The pylon is also the wrong shape. It looks like Albatros (IF) just took the old AV200 generic engine pylon mold and 'slapped' it on this model.

And finally, the nose shape is terrible. The 777 nose is more symmetrical. This looks more like a 777 and an A350 had an ugly love child.

I hope these pics just show a first attempt, a bad attempt at that. But given InFlight's record of not listening to customer's complaints and requests, I'm afraid the pictures may end up showing the final product. Equally disturbing is that this will probably be the mold that InFlight will use for their KLM 'new mold' 777-300ER duo.

EPIC fail on several counts for me.

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 04-05-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
jetfly1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ARADIPPOU
Posts: 2,672
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

I thing from the EVA B777 the thread is getting to other directions,Anyway the diecast EVA B777-300ER with the side B777 logo is very impressive and I was waiting for that.

Regards Modestos
__________________
My collection:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jetfly1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusGeorge View Post
Hey guys, I just saw this news from 'Albatros' website yesterday, they said the delay is because the mould was absolutely new, they spent a lot of time designing it. I'm not sure what this means, but I think they weren't be using JC wings' Boeing 777-300ER mould. They said it will be ready soon(ETA April~May). The 'Albatros' letters will be printed on the models' belly and box, according to them. That's all I know for now.
Do you have a link to where you found these pics? I'm having trouble finding it.
Thanks!!
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
neilc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 879
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Yikes. If this is true, I think I'm definitely gonna cancel my preorder or at least swap it out with another model. This is a classic "bait and switch". If I order an IF 777 on the IF mould(JC/GJ) and I am paying IF prices - I don't want this third party bull****e new mould on a model I've been waiting on since I joined this hobby.
neilc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha View Post
I hope these pics just show a first attempt, a bad attempt at that. But given InFlight's record of not listening to customer's complaints and requests, I'm afraid the pictures may end up showing the final product. Equally disturbing is that this will probably be the mold that InFlight will use for their KLM 'new mold' 777-300ER duo.
EPIC fail on several counts for me.
Unfortunately, I just got the reply from 'Albatros', they said the model are in production. But they didn't answer me which mould they were using. BTW, I've sent a PM to you about the link, please check it out! Thanks!
TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusGeorge View Post
Unfortunately, I just got the reply from 'Albatros', they said the model are in production. But they didn't answer me which mould they were using. BTW, I've sent a PM to you about the link, please check it out! Thanks!
Got the PM! Thanks!
Let's hope for the best and hope they are using the JCW mold!!
I'm REALLY not a big fan of the mold in the pictures above.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taichung
Posts: 313
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Hey guys, here are the following feedback I got from “Albatros” official :
Q1: Will the letters "Albatros" be printed on the belly and box?
A1: Yes, they will.
Q2: What's the ETA of the model?
A2: May, 2015
Q3: The Stock number will be ALB77730814 or IF77730814 or ALB011, correct?
A3: Correct.
Q4: Are the models in production?
A4: Yes, they are.
Q5: Which mould will you guys be using?
A5: I'm sorry, it's not available for us to disclose the information.
Q6: Do you( Albatros) have relationship with Inflight200?
A6: I'm sorry, it's not available for us to disclose the information.
Q7: Does the picture below mean the final production mould? (Not include painting)
A7: Yes, it does.

TargusGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:02 AM   #38 (permalink)
long time collector
 
Charlie Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 5,650
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

Even MORE bad news about this model. If you got to Albatros' website, you get a better look at this model. It is the OLD AVIATION200 777-300 mold with fixed 'skinny' landing gear, old style pylon and an engine mold that is A MODIFIED VERSION of the terrible old AV200 generic engine. Look here and you will see what I mean:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fwD...dfXc4/viewform

This is the old JCW mold BEFORE it was modified with new engines and magnetic landing gear.

AV200 made a history of repainting the old molds and re-releasing the models as 'new liveries'. (latest example id the AV200 ANA Tokyo 2020 model) Just when you think all of these outdated models are gone, they keep coming back to haunt us. This will be the 4th or 5th release of this same outdated mold touted as a 'new' model. Ok, so this time they slapped some metal to the top of the engine (same exhaust section and pylon though) and called it a new mold.

Last edited by Charlie Alpha; 04-09-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Charlie Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Jetdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Malacca
Age: 26
Posts: 587
Default Re: EVA Airways Boeing 777-300 ER B-16703(Ribbon) & B-16718

wow i thought it would be a completely new mould.
apparently it really is the old GJ mould yet again =.=
__________________
SU-34 SR-71


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jetdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Latest Threads
- by G-VIRG
- by arinmuk
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.